Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's Little Creative Spot [CLOSED]

aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
edited March 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
24g7y52.png

Hello there! *waves wildly* I bet you're wondering why I've created a new thread so quickly. Well, I'll be getting a new computer soon, which I've lovingly named Gertie, so I've been in the mindset of "New Year, New Computer = New Thread."

I'll be sharing any Builds, Remodels, and Sims that I've created, all of which are CC free. If you'd like to check out any of my previous creations, please visit my old thread.

I'm still very much a new builder and I'm always learning new techniques and trying out new ideas. Most likely, I'll be entered in a contest over in Gift Gathering and I'll try my hardest to post updates here. I do love telling stories, so most of the Sims I create will have a bit of a back story. I'm a bit random, a bit OCD, I do like to ramble, and at some point, I'm sure you'll see me mention PHISH FOOD and TUNA CASSEROLE. I hope you enjoy your time perusing my thread!

Thank you so much for stopping by my new and improved little creative spot. I appreciate all feedback, critiques, and comments. I'd like to also give a big thanks to Kaliko103 for the creation of my banners and signature!

On July 28th, I was invited to join the fantastic DNA Request Team. While I will try to link all of my DNA creations here, you can find my contact thread here!

qouond.png

2wgui50.png

Here I shall be posting any links that I've found to be particularly helpful while building, decorating, or creating Sims. I'll try to include a description for every link, so you know what you're getting into.

COLOURlovers: COLOURlovers provides amazing palettes and color trends. I use this site a lot when I build and create Sims.

Creating Better Tester Families: ZooProfessor3 talks about tester families and how to get the most out of them for your builds.

Guide to Seasonal Lot Marker: A great step-by-step walk through by SimGuruSemedi.

Inspiration Thread: Snowmoon has created a fabulous inspiration thread with helpful links. It's a great place to go if you're suffering builder's block or just want comments on your current WIP.

Kali's Request Shop: Kaliko103 makes signatures, banners, and avatars for you!

List of Tutorials: SmokyTopaz put together a great list of tutorials for builders. I used this list A LOT when I first started building.

My Sims 3 Blog: This is where I get the majority of my poses. It links to many of my favorite creators and their blogs.

Photography Corner: Joolster created this thread to show some amazing things that can be accomplished with in-game photography.

Split Leveling: GreenCats, whom I like to call the Split Leveling Queen, has created this tutorial to show different methods of split leveling with examples.

Zoo U: This a link to all of ZooProfessor3's Zoo U Courses, which cover all different aspects of building.
Post edited by aricarai on

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2013
    2wgdqc6.png

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    3013p0j.png

au6gstk d550d5c2-4698-412e-b58d-7a8ef42a713e.jpg 25fb5da8-20e5-4bfa-885b-5696c5692ed0.jpg 31b7b6f3-724a-478a-a9a9-046edf25c648.jpg ab6386f4-ca4c-45e9-a949-70022a3dda33.jpg 5887d66f-3679-47d7-8652-e8b39b3705cc.jpg 219cb717-fc02-4118-b606-4fc9d7363677.jpg a9decab4-15ab-4c50-a4de-2f7d8fd78668.jpg f56795f4-dac3-4fe8-878f-9575f9113588.png a99b7bf7-438d-42f5-8707-01f2e822702f.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    al6asn.png

a2f7759c-14e3-402e-9fa9-3aca6dffc521.jpg f75a2b67-cad4-440a-83d8-a6f73bce2ba1.jpg ba4c2783-cbf3-46fa-8789-0032933e5677.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    s1pb7l.png

Screenshot-1680-1.jpgScreenshot-1696-1.jpgSmallFarris.jpgbhhgf7o04a6736b-6d7a-4cdc-8d67-630f2da0917b.jpg e4136a35-80a5-4517-9d65-4694b8e1335e.jpg dd6a457b-3636-4b98-84de-10ac112112d3.jpg 231daf2b-1a64-4756-9543-58c35f933974.jpg 9d691891-b4f4-41f0-b46e-1d334fa2705a.jpg2cb14fe2-860b-4572-be89-0f81bae759eb.jpg30169cd6-5d29-40f0-994f-9e40242384a7.jpg 7b8971d0-2b6a-4f8d-8265-dacc91f0f274.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    2zqcu42.png

I joined SIMplified Living Magazine in late 2012 as a proofreader. Since then, the lovely Nik (Rawr2019) has taken me on as a Site Team Member and Fashion Designer/Model Maker. Anything that I create for the magazine will be posted here (after the issue releases, of course). In the meantime, have a look here and read Issue 6.

*Make sure to stop by the SLM Fan Box*

Come join in all the fun for SLM's 1st Anniversary Party! We've got contests, games, lotteries, and a new site to reveal! Don't miss out on all the amazingness happening right here, right MEOW!

The new SIMplified Living Magazine website is OPEN! Come JOIN US!
    25kk945.png

- February 21st: Covers for Issue 7 and Fan Guide released! Check 'em out!

- April 17th: ISSUE 7 has been RELEASED - LOOKSIE HERE!

- July 9th: SLM is hitting SOCIAL MEDIA hard in the face!

Come follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/SIMplifiedMag!

Subscribe to our naked Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SIMplifiedLivingMag

Follow us on tumblr: http://simplifiedlivingmagazine.tumblr.com/

And like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SIMplified-Living-Mag/377480072372612
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    aricaramcopy.png

In this section, I'll be adding anything from contests that I'm hosting or participating in to any exciting news that I find noteworthy.

- July 27th: Another honor was bestowed on me last night - The DNA Request Team has invited me to be a part of their team! I'm super duper STOKED!

- February 9th: Last night I had the immense honor of being the February Flashmob honoree. I was completely flabbergasted. I will post some links, but the experience is completely humbling!

- January 26th: I'm chugging away on my super secret project...and I'm absolutely loving it!
    Well, it has happened again! I've been sucked into more contests over in GG. I just can't resist! Check out: Around the World in 60 Days I Love It or List It I The Bachelorette - Sims Edition

- January 14th: My beloved Gertie has arrived! Who is Gertie, you ask? Gertie is my shiny new computer. The premise under which I created this new thread now holds true. New Year + New Computer = New Thread. The equation is complete. Please excuse me if this thread is silent for awhile; I shall be re-installing my games, store content, and poses!

- January 13th: My beloved Seattle Seahawks are playing in the divisional play-off game against the Atlanta Falcons TONIGHT! KAW-KAW GOOO Seahawks! UPDATE: I am absolutely gutted over the Seahawks' loss tonight, but boy, did they have an amazing season! I can't wait for next year. I'll be KAW-ING all the way over the pond!

- January 12th: Msrednotdead, Seascape, and myself are hosting a "Welcome to University Life" contest in GG. There will be THREE chances to win the digital download code of UL. Check it out!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Seascape has started an ongoing contest over in GG called House Hunters, based off the TV series of the same name. This month's House Hunters episode is based in New Orleans.

This is the premise of the episode:
    Seascape wrote:
    Backstory:
    Pamela, an artist, and her husband, Eric, a photographer, want to buy a second home in New Orleans. But, this home will be more than just a weekend hangout for this adult couple. It has to showcase Pamela's art work, and have space for her to paint and draw. They love the French Quarter.

Mardi Gras is in full swing and they are enjoying the festive carnivale atmosphere, Jackson Square with its artists, museums, jazz, great food, historical buildings and taking strolls along the Mississippi River. It all inspires artist Pamela and photographer Eric.

House Hunters/House Hunters International Episode 3:

The Dream Home (Should be furnished and decorated)
    This couple's dilemma is that they can't decide on whether they want a condo in the hip Warehouse district, a townhome in the lush Garden District, a cottage in Uptown, or a vintage home in the historic part of the city. They are willing to look at any or all of these home styles, and take the time to make the right choice for them.

Which home will speak to them and their artistic lifestyle, while enjoying all that New Orleans French Quarter has to offer? Can you help them decide?

The Sims Family: Please submit as a household
    Pamela is a painter who also draws, loves wearing her hair up or in a ponytail or braids. She is artistic and a vegetarian.

Eric is a photographer and adores animals. His idea of dressing up is dressing in a more casual formal style. He likes hats or caps and has dark brown eyes.

They are both adults and like soul and R&B music.

Their budget: under $650,000

I've started on Eric and Pamela - here is a little sneak peek of when they first met. Their back story is still very much in the early stages, but I hope that you enjoy this little snippet into their lives.

And suddenly Eric forgot about the sculpture that he had gone to the gallery to photograph. His mind became sidetracked and his heart started racing as he spied a true work of art to his right...

Firstmeet.jpg
    Pamela: Why is that man staring at me? *inwardly panics* Oh no, he's walking toward me.

Before he knew it, Eric stood directly in front of his modern day Aphrodite, at a total loss for words...

Float.jpg
    Pamela: Oh my, he is very handsome.

Before they became the successful Millers, Eric and Pamela were just two loved-up practically starving artists sharing a studio apartment...fast forward several years and the two are now in search of their perfect second home.

To be continued...
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2013
    This looks great Arica! Nice to be able to see everything all together! :D

~Will
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    This looks great Arica! Nice to be able to see everything all together! :D

~Will

Thanks, Will! This thread feels so much more organized than my other one. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Very fancy banners. Nice start so far. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    Very fancy banners. Nice start so far. :)

Thanks, darlin' dear! Thought the banners would distract from the fact that there isn't a lot in this thread at the moment :wink:
  • Options
    will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oh, oh!! My sim family's last name is Miller!! We can be Miller Buddies!! :mrgreen:

~Will
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    will2586 wrote:
    Oh, oh!! My sim family's last name is Miller!! We can be Miller Buddies!! :mrgreen:

~Will

*high five* As the story goes, Miller was Eric's middle name, but he wanted to disassociate himself from his family and their prestigious/pretentious last name, Thurston. I'll post their biographies soon. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I decided to re-do my avi, which happens to be my simself. I wanted to try out some tips that I learned from the Modeling forum. Now, if EA would just make a bum/hips slider, I feel like I could make a better representation of myself. And in case you're wondering, I wear contacts, so my eyes are blue most of the time. Anyway, enough rambling, here are some photos from the shoot. Oooh, and if anyone could point me toward any fantastic poses or pose makers, I'd be a very happy bunny.

Screenshot-1675.jpg

Screenshot-1651.jpg

Screenshot-1646.jpg

Screenshot-1631.jpg

Screenshot-1636.jpg

If this was a completely 100% true representation of myself, the tattoo on my back would be on my side and it would be a pin-up, although, I'm seriously considering getting a flower tattoo on my spine. And the little tattoo of stars on the top of my wrist would actually be a tattoo on the underside of my wrist which is dedicated to my grandmother. And finally, that pesky little beauty mark would be in the center, not off to the side.

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2013
    Really great looking showcase thread :) Great simself photos, and i like the sneak peek of the Millers and their background story. Great thread which will be great to visit! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Really great looking showcase thread :) Great simself photos, and i like the sneak peek of the Millers and their background story. Great thread which will be great to visit! :)

You are such a positive light around here, rosemow! Thank you so much for stopping by! :D
  • Options
    corettabarajascorettabarajas Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ooohhh What a pretty thread! Mine looks soo.... drab compared! I love it :D Totally agree about the bum and hips sliders, need! Your simself is lovely btw, sorry I know about as much about posing as I do about creating banners... nothing.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited January 2013
    A new showcase thread?!!! Looks lovely! Everything is nicely organised. Love your new avi! She is so pretty! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Ooohhh What a pretty thread! Mine looks soo.... drab compared! I love it :D Totally agree about the bum and hips sliders, need! Your simself is lovely btw, sorry I know about as much about posing as I do about creating banners... nothing.

Hi coretta *waves both arms* I've found a few poses that I like here and there and I really like using them - I just need more variety. At the moment, it's the only mod I use.

I think Kaliko103 did a fabulous job on the banners and the siggy. She took my vision to a whole different level.

Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully, I'll have more to update it with. It looks so...bare! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    A new showcase thread?!!! Looks lovely! Everything is nicely organised. Love your new avi! She is so pretty! :D

Hello m'dear yanti! Yeah, new thread. The old one was a bit unorganized. :D Thanks for the compliment on the avi - check back soon. I hope to have more on here this weekend!
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited January 2013
    Just wanted to wish you a hearty welcome the Creative Corner! I can't wait to see some of your creations! :D Really looking forward to what you create :XD: Boomarked this thread :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just wanted to wish you a hearty welcome the Creative Corner! I can't wait to see some of your creations! :D Really looking forward to what you create :XD: Boomarked this thread :thumbup:

Hi Wildeatheart! Thanks for bookmarking this! Hope to see you back soon. Builds will be slow to come, but hopefully, I'll have some Sims popping up here and there soonishly!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I always seem to get sucked into the lovely contests over in GG. I've made Henry Paulson for a_niles06's Valentine's Day Matchmaker Contest - you can find it here.

Without further ado, Meet Henry Paulson!

Growing up, Henry Paulson was always known as "the big guy." As he got older, he packed the muscle on his big frame and gradually became known as "big bear." Sweet and ambitious, Henry has been so focused on his career, that he now is looking for the perfect person to complete his life.

Traits: Ambitious, Athletic, Good Sense of Humor, Natural Cook, Nurturing

Here is the online message that he sent to Adelyn, the lady of the Valentine's Day Matchmaker Contest:

So you've read a little bit about me, but there is more to me than meets the eye. First of all, I'm Henry Paulson, but most of my friends call me "Big Bear." I've just moved to Starlight Shores as I've heard that the Business career is booming. I'm extremely ambitious and I do get caught up in my work a lot of time. Don't worry though, I'm not stuffy - I do now how to relax and have a good time. Over the years, I've found out that working out is my stress relief. There's nothing that calms me down more than doing some chin-ups or hitting the weights.

I'm hoping that if we do meet, we could enjoy some of my favorite activities, as well as some of yours. I really do love to cook. Are you any good in the kitchen? If not, I'm sure we could whip up something together, especially your favorite, Porcini Risotto. I'm thinking this might make a great first day. Cooking and then maybe dancing? I've been searching for someone for awhile and I believe that you would be the perfect woman for me. Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I'd really like to take you out. Perhaps we could get to know each other better. What do you think?

357k9oo.png

Screenshot-1680.jpg

Screenshot-1681.jpg

Screenshot-1683.jpg

Screenshot-1693.jpg

Screenshot-1694.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2013
    Great Sim :) I like his background details, and i really do hope that Adelyn decides to go on that first date with him! I anm sure that she will like the risotta that he cooks for her. Nice sim :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Great Sim :) I like his background details, and i really do hope that Adelyn decides to go on that first date with him! I anm sure that she will like the risotta that he cooks for her. Nice sim :)

Thank you so much, m'dear! He was fun to have a little photography session with and create the background for. I like that he's husky too. A big ole teddy bear!