Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content does not show up in game

Comments

• Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited March 2012
    Sometimes toggling that on/off button for custom content will get it going again. I realise you have reinstalled and that should have triggered it but who knows?

dedeebabi, is you custom content in sims3packs or packages. If it is in packages, have you installed your Mods/packages folder in the Documents folder (the 'new' way)?
  • Options
    CourtandStefCourtandStef Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2012
    Since the update, my CAS store content will not show up. Uninstall, reinstall it, download it again and again. Today I put in a bunch of non-store stuff, then decided I didn't like it and uninstalled it. Now, it's showing in the launcher as installed! I even deleted the DCBackup files. And I know for sure that it is not in there. This game has gone completely buggy since that last update. Does EA care? Not one bit. Just keep the cash coming in.
  • Options
    GBears17GBears17 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I have had this same thing happen to me. When I launch the game I have to reinstall everything that I have bought from the store. Once all that happens, and I press play all of the custom content has been lost! Believe me I have tried reinstalling from the download dashboard while in game and nothing. I really hope EA fixes this. I spent A Lot on their custom content and now I can't even use it.. :(
  • Options
    CroomZCroomZ Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Same thing is happening to me. I've downloaded Hidden Springs and two other sets. It goes to the launcher then I'll install it, but it doesn't show up in the game. I've try everything to try any fix it, reinstalling and uninstalling, but I still haven't had any results. No problem downloading from the exchange or other sims content websites though. It is really frustrating, like you all have said, I mean I don't want to spend my money on something and then not be able to use it.
  • Options
    dancer1239dancer1239 Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    The same thing happend to me! I checked the "run without custom content" box once to try to fix a bug, now none of my stuff is showing up! (except a few hairstyles that don't always work.) I am really upset because this problem has been around for me for about six months. I thought it would be fixed with all the current updates, but nothing happened. These games cost alot of money and we should be getting the most out of it.
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    edited April 2012
    Yea it's currently doing this for me as well. I can't install any new custom content.

//sigh.. :x
  • Options
    chewablechainchewablechain Posts: 349 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Can add me to the list too. I just downloaded and installed the newest store patch and after restarting my computer found that all of my Sims 3 Store content is completely gone. Yes, that's right after my 9th full uninstall and reinstall that just got completed not but a few days ago- this happens. *angry face* All 621 Sim Pack files aren't showing up no matter what I've tried. I do not have any Mods of any kind this is a clean spread. Oddly enough, if I go into the folders (EA/TheSims 3) the Downloads folder is still there with all the files in place (like most of you have said). The launcher for some reason isn't recognizing them. Tried moving the Downloads folder to the desktop and erasing the usual suspects, but nothing is working... Really gonna be p-o'd if I have to undergo another 5 to 6 hour uninstall/reinstall... *really angry face* hehe
  • Options
    tameliahughestameliahughes Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    It's great if Awesome Mod does solve your issues, but you have to be aware that this is a *core mod* which changes huge chunks of coding in your game.
    Before you try the mod merely to solve a custom content issue, I advise anyone to read up on what the mod is, what it does, how often it has to be updated, etc.

Another thing that's worth a try is removing your The Sims 3 preferences folder, which you can find here:
    *YourName*/Library/Preferences/TheSims3 Preferences

If you're not comfortable deleting the folder, just move it to your desktop. The game should generate a new one without problems, though.

No guarantee that it will actually do anything, but it's worth a try...

OMG YOU HAVE SAVED MY GAME AND MY CC IS SHOWING UP!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    DeterminedGirlDeterminedGirl Posts: 156 New Member
    edited April 2012
    I found the solution on another thread and would you believe it, it worked (Yay!)

You simply delete the The Sims 3 Preferences folder in your computer library.
    Copy & Paste on your desktop then delete the original.

Username> Library>Preferences>The Sims 3 Preferences

NO HACKS OR MODS NEEDED.
  • Options
    Cecesaun1Cecesaun1 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited April 2012
    I just came across this thread because I just recently uninstalled and re installed my game because I was ready to patch/update to the most current. I have noticed that some of my items are not showing up in the game, yet show up in the launcher as being downloaded into my game.

I came across this thread, but I have a Vista laptop (Studio) and I don't have a preference button. (that I can find) Is there a work a round for Vista as I assume this is instructions for MAC?

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Cecesaun1
  • Options
    Bu11etToothTonyBu11etToothTony Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I had the same issues. This worked. http://simsvip.com/?p=902
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I've got the same problem, nothing i try works and i just dont know what to do. I've ended up not playing anymore because of it, is there ANYWAY to sort it out? Where do you find this Username bit to get the preferences? Someone please help!
  • Options
    XoSexySim3XoSexySim3 Posts: 148
    edited April 2012
    This happened to me last night and I spent the early part of the day re-installing whatever was missing. The funny thing is it's all from the store...
  • Options
    Sim3Gal1013Sim3Gal1013 Posts: 90
    edited April 2012
    XoSexySim3 wrote:
    This happened to me last night and I spent the early part of the day re-installing whatever was missing. The funny thing is it's all from the store...

Same here! I don't have any CC that isn't from the store. The weird thing is, some of it is showing up. But Seeing Stars and the cow plant (among others) won't, no matter how many times I redownload and/or reinstall them.
  • Options
    XoSexySim3XoSexySim3 Posts: 148
    edited April 2012
    XoSexySim3 wrote:

Same here! I don't have any CC that isn't from the store. The weird thing is, some of it is showing up. But Seeing Stars and the cow plant (among others) won't, no matter how many times I redownload and/or reinstall them.

Ya some of them were there but most weren't but no once I redownloaded it went back into the game and yesterday I downloaded a teen female outfit and it uninstalled today in the middle of the day do I just redownloaded it. It seems as though now I have to redownload things at least only once. :roll:
  • Options
    fiertonksfiertonks Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    :evil: I am having the same problem. I had to remove the game and content while the pc was updated to win 7 and when I re-downloaded everything on some of the cc shows, not even a 1/4 of the stuff I have at that so it gets me quite angered. Especially since it loaded fine until I updated the patch for it.
  • Options
    SaiyuriiInakaSaiyuriiInaka Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Figwit wrote:
    Sometimes toggling that on/off button for custom content will get it going again. I realise you have reinstalled and that should have triggered it but who knows?

dedeebabi, is you custom content in sims3packs or packages. If it is in packages, have you installed your Mods/packages folder in the Documents folder (the 'new' way)?

Ok.... what exactly is the new way of installing the folder??? bc i jsut started playing this again. and not even a week ago all my stuff was working... but i get this new patch bc my computer acted up and i had to reformat my computer then i install the game again but only certain cc is working in it... i cant use anything from liana sims or anubis and im starting to get very frustrated... not to mention i cant get any of my store bought stuff from the exchange or the sims store back on here either... I'm at a loss!
  • Options
    SaiyuriiInakaSaiyuriiInaka Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    It's great if Awesome Mod does solve your issues, but you have to be aware that this is a *core mod* which changes huge chunks of coding in your game.
    Before you try the mod merely to solve a custom content issue, I advise anyone to read up on what the mod is, what it does, how often it has to be updated, etc.

Another thing that's worth a try is removing your The Sims 3 preferences folder, which you can find here:
    *YourName*/Library/Preferences/TheSims3 Preferences

If you're not comfortable deleting the folder, just move it to your desktop. The game should generate a new one without problems, though.

No guarantee that it will actually do anything, but it's worth a try...

OMG YOU HAVE SAVED MY GAME AND MY CC IS SHOWING UP!!!! :lol:

Ok but what if you are running on a PC? there are no solutions for that and that is what i am looking for...... my friend has a mac and her stuff isnt working either and we are both trying to find solutions as to how to fix this..... But i am Running on OS XP.... and it was working a few days ago. have done 3 uninstall reinstalls and still nothing... im very frustrated bc like i said this was working not even a few days ago even with the 1.33 patch..... so im a little confused.. i have done all of the cache delete files etc.. but you would think that it would have been fixed with the reinstalls... but seeing as hwo this is a problem with a bunch of people... i guess not... so if anyone has a better solution please let me know personally my email is trista2blain@yahoo.com
  • Options
    khughes814khughes814 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    This really works! I tried everything, and this was the solution! http://simsvip.com/?p=902
  • Options
    VickiCJVickiCJ Posts: 11
    edited May 2012
    First, for those of you who have Windows, this is the Mac forum so you might find better answers in another forum :-) Second - the October 2011 game update (patch version 1.26 for PC, 1.27 for Mac) caused custom content to disappear or not be usable any longer and The Sims Resource folks have a fix for PC users...for store content hopefully you PC users have discovered that there is also a fix for this...for us Mac users it's not so easy but after literally hours and hours of trying to figure out what the heck I could do to get my beloved (yes, I said beloved) cc working again I'm hoping I found a solution, albeit not an easy one (of course!). The Sims 3 dvd that I purchased is not only for mac but for windows as well, so I am installing the game on my PC, I will then put all my cc into the downloads folder on the PC, then I'll install the Sims Resource fix, then I'll fix all the files, then I'll transfer them via my external drive back to my Mac and hopefully that will work. For anyone who is having this problem I will repost here later this evening and let you know if it worked.
  • Options
    goldengurl2011goldengurl2011 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2012
    xoChenise wrote:
    This also happens to me. I have some cool things that I really want to show up in my game. The uploader shows that they are downloaded into the game, but once I start playing I only see the regular old stuff.

I get so frustrated because I love the sims 3 and I never get to play. I think its so unfair that these problems don't get handled. I spend money on the sims and even have fun with my game and add cc to it. It's annoying and I told myself I was going to give them a little while longer to get it together but if that doesn't happen then I might have to retire the sims and move on.
    Ok, I have been wondering whether or not to get the update 1.34 does this mean I shouldnt?
  • Options
    pirateepiratee Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have the exact same problem and I'm getting so aggravated. Riverview doesn't even show up in my game anymore. I've tried absolutely everything and nothing works. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Nothing from The Sims 3 store shows up in my game and no outside custom content shows up either.
  • Options
    CallieRose15CallieRose15 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I found the solution on another thread and would you believe it, it worked (Yay!)

You simply delete the The Sims 3 Preferences folder in your computer library.
    Copy & Paste on your desktop then delete the original.

Username> Library>Preferences>The Sims 3 Preferences

NO HACKS OR MODS NEEDED.

I had the some problem as everyone and this just worked for me :) I'm running the latest update. Well it at least made the new downloaded worlds show up thats as far as I've gotten so far.
  • Options
    HistorySimmer22HistorySimmer22 Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I just checked to see if I could do that, and I have no Sims 3 Preferences in my Library folder. There's just a package file...
  • Options
    ISISATHENAISISATHENA Posts: 17
    edited June 2012
    OMG this actually works thank you all so much. I have had an ongoing battle with my custom content and have had to uninstall and reinstall my game, delete towns and everything to try to fix it. Moving the preference folder worked and even one item that has refused to be downloaded (though I have downloaded it a half dozen times) works. Thank you I am so excited right now you have no idea.