Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content does not show up in game

Comments

• Options
    KayleeKobraKidKayleeKobraKid Posts: 61 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've been having a similar issue with my sims and cc as well. At first it was just the hair that wouldn't show up leaving my sims bald (both male and female) then it was a few pair of shoes and jeans. Usually if I exit and relaunch it all comes back, i think it just takes a while for it to reappear again on my sim. I had a male sim become bald and when i waited a few minutes his hair came back.

Its a love/dislike situation, hopefully it doesn't happen to often.
  • Options
    olivia9193olivia9193 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Can someone explain to me why I don't even have a Sims3 preferences folder in the Library>Preferences? The only actual sims3 folder i have is under Applications>The Sims 3. And that just has the games in it. D:

this is unbelievably annoying..... :? :? :evil:
  • Options
    MasterPixieMasterPixie Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    See im running windows 7, none of that old stuff. And my cc i download most of it isnt showing up, things from exchange wont show up at all, and the items i buy from the actual sims store, that i pay money for arent showing up as well. i restart, redl, anything ive tried doesnt work. And these things i see about " go to library>preference..ect.. " i dont have that on windows 7.. So If someone could please explain to me how to get to what i need done, on windows 7 :P that would be FANTASTIC.Spent alot of money on stuff im not receiving ... sets.. single items.. so yeahh...
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited July 2012
    I am having this same problem and its obnoxious cause I love my store content and I bought lots of premium content which is expensive I can't even use it. I'm a PC user
  • Options
    OrefileNOrefileN Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I don't know if it makes any difference or will make any one feel better about their problem but the updated removed my saved games. My saved families are in the folder but for some reason they do not want to load in the game. all I get is the create a new game with the own tab like it's the first time playing the game. I feel so aggreavted and I tried to replace The Sims 3 folder with one of my backed up one that I place on the desktop. I even the uninstall and reinstalled but no luck.

I have about 5 families that I play with so I am pretty sure you guys can also understand my frustrations. I haven't been playing because I am shattered. I just keep opening the game in the hopes that my games will load but I just quit when I realize they did not.

I am a MacBook Pro user
    :(:(:(:(:(:(
  • Options
    OrefileNOrefileN Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I dragged The Sims 3 folder to my desktop for some odd reason the cc is still in the game ( by the way my cc got erased too but what I did was to select them all in the downloads folder and selected open to do a manual installation) so I was having two problems and the game does not want to regenerate the new one. I closed the game after running and I went to Electronic Art fold and it was empty inside.

This just sucks big time. I wanted to try to drag my saves game to the new regenerated one but I guess I can't even do that. remind me not to update the game again.

:?: :?: :?: :?:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sammy_sam1997sammy_sam1997 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2012
    (Sorry this message is soooo long but please read and help me)
    OH my goodness, this has happened to me also and I am very mad with it! One day I turned on my computer then went on the sims (I had only just installed some cc sims of the exchange and they came with some pretty awsome stuff so I was very happy about it) and I saw my family's picture and the mum had this hiddieous bob that already come swith the sims 3 and weird makeup thats comes with the game and no the cc makeup! I was, and still is very sad about this, there are still some haistyles (the ones I didn't like) and two eyebrows and some skin colours :cry:
    So, I went to the launcher and the 'installed content' thingy has the pre made sims there but not all the awsome stuff they came with, just the picture of them!
    I recently tried to download fabrics of the exhange onto my sims game and even THAT doesn't work! They install and every thing and they are in my 'installed content' thing but then on the game they are not there, so I look on the launcher again and they arent in the 'installed content' folder!

Every thing seems to go wrong with me, EVERYTHING! I am soooo sad about this and hope some nice person can tell me what I need to do to fix my game! PLEASE (sorry this message is sooooo long)
  • Options
    KininaKinina Posts: 124 Member
    edited July 2012
    Well, after 5 months of not being able to see any new custom content, deleting my The Sims 3 Prefs folder worked. I haven't tried to download anything new yet but the stuff I downloaded that wouldn't show up now shows up. I'm very pleased.

EDIT:

Update with me. Things aren't as great as I thought. BTW, I'm running Lion 10.7.4. As I mentioned above, I deleted my The Sims 3 Preference folder. For those of you running Lion, it's hidden, so you'll have to find it this way: Go>Go to Folder>~/Library>Preferences and then you should see it.

I dragged the original TS3 Pref folder to the desktop and launched the game generating a new one. Well, all my custom content loaded...that's the awesome part! I was having a problem seeing custom content that the launched said was installed, but wasn't showing up in game. Sims, hairs, all that. However, I soon noticed that other things were missing, like SP and EP that I had downloaded. Like Late Night's new town, Bridgeport, was no longer an option on the main menu. And in the launcher most of the custom content installed said parts were missing the needed SP/EP and therefore would have substitutions. Finally, I dragged the original TS3 Pref folder back into place and booted up my old game. At least it recognized all my SPs and Eps.

It just sucks, real bad, that I currently cannot install any new custom content, via the store or third-party. All my old content shows up though.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    sammy_sam1997sammy_sam1997 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Kinina, sorry, what did you delete? Your prefs folder?
  • Options
    bclancybclancy Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Same problem, I downloaded all this stuff from exchange and only like some shows up on my game. IUts all installed and in my installed content. It just seems like glitched or something Karen please help!
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2012
    What stuff from the Exchange were you hoping would be installed?

If you're talking about custom content, sometimes it doesn't transfer through with the Sim. Sometimes in order to make the Sim look like the picture, you have to track down the CC yourself. If you're talking about Store content from the Exchange, well no, you won't get that unless you had the original object from EA installed.
  • Options
    geewillickerssgeewillickerss Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I had the exact same problem as everyone else. On Mac OSX Lion you need to to press COMMAND+SHIFT+G and writer library, then scroll down to the sims 3 preferences. I'm trying it now, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    ladynana101ladynana101 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    I don't quite understand the problem. Did the files disappear from Downloads folder, from the InstalledContent in the launcher, or just from the game itself?

If they're no longer 'InstalledContent' but they are still in the Downloads folder, you can reinstall.
    If they're no longer in your Downloads folder and not showing up in game, you need to re-download.
    If they're in 'InstalledContent' but not showing up in your game, you need to uninstall and reinstall.

If you're talking about your Mods folder, then I don't know what could be the problem. Unless you changed something (like move your resource.cfg).

hi my promblem is that im downloading and i installed it right, it says its there, but then when i play i cant find it. so i have a mac does that have anything to do with it?
  • Options
    JemirxJemirx Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Something changed with the update. Even though I installed everything the "old way" and it says it's installed when you are in game play chose the menu button, same one used to save games and edit town, at the bottom there will be an open downloads dashboard. Everything will be there with install now buttons. At the top you may have more than one batch to go through to find everything. Select install now for anything that isn't showing up.
  • Options
    drew7396drew7396 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    This just happened to me today, so frustrating. My game is fully updated, running on a two year old iMac. Up until yesterday the game was crashing every 5 minutes so I tried running the game without cc. It seemed to do the trick. But now none of my installed content will show up in game. My cc shows up under both the "Downloads" and "Installed" tabs in the launcher, and it is all properly installed. But everytime I restart the game, none of it appears. It's infuriating. It was working fine until I tried running without cc. I have never had an issue updating my game, or installing cc before. Now all of a sudden my whole game is having problems. What the hell is going on?
  • Options
    2cool102cool10 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    The same thing happened to me its really annoying because i have looked for a way to re-install the Sims and it didn't work, it was after i updated my game but my sister did the same thing and her clothes are fine :!: They were all on there but then suddenly disappeared after the up date :cry:

Is there any one that can help me please its sooooo annoying :evil:
  • Options
    jakeflwrs123jakeflwrs123 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys, i kinda figured out how to get back store content that won't show up on Macs. (for those of us who tired running our game without store content.) try clicking the box that gives you the option to toggle off or on store content at least 4 or 5 times. Reload your game and theres a possibility your content should reload. it worked for me (:
    Good luck guys, I know getting your sims to work properly can be extremely frustrating!
  • Options
    bkwrmrokr23bkwrmrokr23 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I am having the same problem! Every single custom content object (all my mods AND store content) won't show up in the game! But I noticed on the internet that PC is having the same problem and they have posted a program that will sort it out, so hopefully someone will sort something out soon!

PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE HURRY!
  • Options
    meganjaydeowenmeganjaydeowen Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    KarinL wrote:
    It's great if Awesome Mod does solve your issues, but you have to be aware that this is a *core mod* which changes huge chunks of coding in your game.
    Before you try the mod merely to solve a custom content issue, I advise anyone to read up on what the mod is, what it does, how often it has to be updated, etc.

Another thing that's worth a try is removing your The Sims 3 preferences folder, which you can find here:
    *YourName*/Library/Preferences/TheSims3 Preferences

If you're not comfortable deleting the folder, just move it to your desktop. The game should generate a new one without problems, though.

No guarantee that it will actually do anything, but it's worth a try...
  • Options
    meganjaydeowenmeganjaydeowen Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    :lol:I'll take my time to tell you my experience, but with it, a discovery (sort of)I used to download custom content from this site (the original site), I used to download it into the correct file and had gone through re-installing my game twice, and shutting down my computer several times. Whenever I used to download CC, It used to get downloaded and when I would go to the game, only the make-up and the eyes would show up, the rest used to be replaced by proxies which was very frustrating. One day, I had gotten the full CC to show up and I was literally celebrating that moment, then when I had gotten sleepy, I shut off the game, and with it, my computer.The next day, I went back onto the computer and went to Sims 3, the CC was not showing up again, it was replaced with proxies! I searched all day for a solution and yes, I found one. It was posted by 'CCLEO' (I mentioned the user name to thank this user).... The user posted several tips and one of them was how to enabled custom content.You have to go to the Game Launcher, and then to the 'Installed Content' tab. Then, you have to check a box which says 'Run with Custom Content'...Then a message appears, ignore the message, just click the tick button to continue...WAIT, the story doesn't end here...I was overjoyed to find out how to enable the custom content...So I went to my game but...huh!?.....The custom content still wasn't working?I went to the button which has three dots on it, I clicked 'Open Launcher'...the game was minimized and the launcher was opened, I went to see if my box was checked and it was, I went back to the game and the CC appeared out of the blooms....Till this day, I open the launcher while the game is playing, then I go back to the game without closing the launcher and my CC is just there without a drop of sweat...So, if your problem is similar to mine, just follow what I did and still do..
  • Options
    tlorehandtlorehand Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2012
    :lol:I'll take my time to tell you my experience, but with it, a discovery (sort of)I used to download custom content from this site (the original site), I used to download it into the correct file and had gone through re-installing my game twice, and shutting down my computer several times. Whenever I used to download CC, It used to get downloaded and when I would go to the game, only the make-up and the eyes would show up, the rest used to be replaced by proxies which was very frustrating. One day, I had gotten the full CC to show up and I was literally celebrating that moment, then when I had gotten sleepy, I shut off the game, and with it, my computer.The next day, I went back onto the computer and went to Sims 3, the CC was not showing up again, it was replaced with proxies! I searched all day for a solution and yes, I found one. It was posted by 'CCLEO' (I mentioned the user name to thank this user).... The user posted several tips and one of them was how to enabled custom content.You have to go to the Game Launcher, and then to the 'Installed Content' tab. Then, you have to check a box which says 'Run with Custom Content'...Then a message appears, ignore the message, just click the tick button to continue...WAIT, the story doesn't end here...I was overjoyed to find out how to enable the custom content...So I went to my game but...huh!?.....The custom content still wasn't working?I went to the button which has three dots on it, I clicked 'Open Launcher'...the game was minimized and the launcher was opened, I went to see if my box was checked and it was, I went back to the game and the CC appeared out of the blooms....Till this day, I open the launcher while the game is playing, then I go back to the game without closing the launcher and my CC is just there without a drop of sweat...So, if your problem is similar to mine, just follow what I did and still do..

you said there's a check mark that says run 'with' custom content, the only one I'm seeing is the run 'without' custom content. so where is this other one? do I just check the boxes and play the game or what? cause my problem isn't that I'm not seeing some of the custom content in the game it's that I'm not seeing my own creations in the game. Some of the others I'm not seeing as well, but I've gotten to the point that there's no real solution to this problem right now and It wasn't meant for me to have it in my game (I have way to much in the game as it is, so I'm not sweating it). So instead of driving myself mad over that. I decided to make my own stuff and it's not showing. Like one painting I made about 2 weeks ago, it wasn't showing up, but for some reason last night while decorating my new house, there it was. (I'm still not seeing the other 3 I made the same day)

But anyway, maybe it takes a few times for the game to recognize that new stuff has been added and even if you don't see it right away, it will show up out of the blue. Like the one painting, I was excited to see it there.
  • Options
    Spieges124Spieges124 Posts: 11
    edited August 2012
    I am so frustrated with this. I ran my game without cc once (not knowing it would take out store content) and ever since I can't get my store content back. I even deleted all my downloads, uninstalled everything, and re-downloaded and reinstalled it and still nothing! I don't have the "run without cc" box checked, yet my content will not show up in my game! :evil:

SAME HERE. I was trying to find something that was ******* up my game so I took out of my mod/.package files and also ran my game with out CC. But, all of the mods worked back in game and all of my .sim3packs in my launcher were not. The problem turned out to be a mod if that helps anyone.
  • Options
    Clea3Clea3 Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    This is so frustrating I wish I had never installed the last update! Maybe if they would make the base clothes a little more attractive then we wouldn't have this issue. I just don't understand why they would give us an update to make things better when all it did was mess up our games. I'm really close to never playing sims again even though its my favorite game because honestly it is so frustrating. It's either doing the disc authorization failure 100000 times or its doing something like this to drive me crazy. I really hope this gets fixed fast.
  • Options
    Mcwill_SimsMcwill_Sims Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    I was having this same problem. I think I found a fix for it. Check to see where your game is installed. When I had the problem, the game was installed to C:/Program Files(86x)/ which is it's default location. I uninstalled the game and all expansions, then reinstalled all of them to a new, custom folder I made. Just make sure that it's not in any Windows created folders. Redownloaded all the store content and it seems to be working for me.

I hope this works for everybody.
  • Options
    sarvesh2000sarvesh2000 Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Tried the same with mac but to no good. Still the custom content doesn't work. Feels like sim points wasted with all the purchases that I made. :cry: