Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff game disc before proceeding."

When I try to play my Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff game a message saying "No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff game disc before proceeding." however, it is inserted, what do I do?

Comments

• Options
    xxemily95xxemily95 Posts: 28
    edited June 2011
    If it's already installed, you need your base game disc, not the High-End Loft Stuff disc.

If that doesn't work... if you have a two-drive computer, try putting it into the other disc drive!
  • Options
    candycakescandycakes Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2011
    I dont know how accurate your answer is because I dont have any disc in any drive and my High End Loft Stuff pack is playing. I purchased and downloaded the stuff pack and my dvd drive is broken. I still can play sims 3 (thats why I d/l it str8 to my hard drive)
  • Options
    PoeticEyesPoeticEyes Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2011
    I can't even open the game to install. I put it in once and the autorun option opened and I go the same message. It wanted me to put the other disc in... Uh.. there is NO other disc? And then it stopped the wizard and now every time I put the disc in it won't play.... yay. What a waste of money.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I recieved both High End Loft and Town Life, and I've had to reinstall Sims 3, and uninstall both of them from my computer, because they won't run.

It sits on the Launcher, and then closes. It's ridiculous.
  • Options
    ollyaugustollyaugust Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    my high-end left stuff isnt working either its so frustrating because ive just bought it tonight and ive been trying for hours to get it to work and my sims 3 isnt working either :cry:
  • Options
    PureBlueSkys123PureBlueSkys123 Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    Same Here! I tried and thought that I ruined it.I had to uninstall then reinstall the game. I blaimed myself untill I read this! :roll:
  • Options
    NixamistaNixamista Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Oh good Lord, I thought I was the only one with this problem...But how would I uninstall EVERTHING so I can play the normal sims game again?? I can't find where to completely uninstall...
  • Options
    queenpeachqueenpeach Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I just downloaded my Generations. I try to play it but it says "No disk found. Please insert Sims3 Pets". I dont want to play pets! I wanna play the Generations I just got :cry:
  • Options
    lillylolly248lillylolly248 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    :shock:
    I understand how it's annoying! I don't have that one, but I have the base game, late night, and world adventures.
    I also have a few things from the store and a few custom content and lately it won't let me.
    So right now I'm letting the disk stay in the case and later I'll put it back in.
    Maybe you should try that too :] :lol:
  • Options
    lilgabby95lilgabby95 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    its so annoying i have the same problem i have inserted my sims 3 generations disk and it wants me to put in my sims 3 pets disk and when i load up sims 3 generations by autorun it wants me to uninstall it i just cant seem to play it :(
  • Options
    JivegirlJivegirl Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Um, well when I try to play it, it says "No disk found, please insert sims 3 and when i insert sims 3 game it comes up with "NO DISK FOUND, PLEASE INSERT SIMS 3" and i have put in sims 3!!!!!! I AM SO MAD! and it worked before I didn't put the expansion packs in. All I put in was AMBITIONS, GENERATIONS, LATE NIGHT, HIGH END LOFT STUFF AND WORLD ADVENTURES. I wanna play it so bad. :x :x :x :x
  • Options
    lstrdggylstrdggy Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    If Sims 2 is anything to go by, you need to insert the latest game's disc. In the case between Pets and Generations, Pets came out after generations and so although you will be using the Pets disc, you will actually be playing The Sims 3: Pets Generations (they are expansion packs, not different games. They accumulate onto the one game) and require the latest game release disc to play regardless of purchase or install dates.

ie. You use the Pets disc but are playing Pets + Generations.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited December 2011
    Of the ones you listed (AMB, GEN, LN, HELS, WA) you need to use the Generations disk.

You always need the disk of the EP that was *published* last, regardless of the order you installed them in.
  • Options
    HERSHERS Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Me and my sister brought the Sims 3 Pets to share, and now one of us has to have the game in order to play it, because the screen appears with 'Please Insert Sims 3 Pets disc' - I have tried all the discs I have (apart from the original) Ambitions, Generations and High-End Loft Stuff, but only Pets seems to work. Can someone HELP ME PLEASE?
  • Options
    carlyjadehahncarlyjadehahn Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    its telling you to put in the sims 3 pets because that must have been the last one you installed, put that one in and you can still play the other sims game. when you install the sims games the lastest one you install have all the games on it as well as the new one you got do you get it. can you help me too, my sis's friend came over to install the sims 3 showtime and we played it but she left with it and now i can't play any of them because it keeps coming up with please insert sims 3 showtime but i don't have that disc anymore what do i do, cause i don't want to get rid of it, HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Hiker59Hiker59 Posts: 3
    edited March 2012
    @carlyjadehahn
    you need the latest EP disc to play not the last one you installed. So you if you installed Showtime first but then installed Generations, you don't use the Generations disc to play you use the Showtime one. Also did you know it is technically illegal to install that game on multiple users' machines? If you want to play Sims 3 again you will have to uninstall it and re-install the game and all the ep. You can however save the save files and whatever Sims store/exchange files you may have.
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited March 2012
    queenpeach wrote:
    I just downloaded my Generations. I try to play it but it says "No disk found. Please insert Sims3 Pets". I dont want to play pets! I wanna play the Generations I just got :cry:

You can play pets and generations at the same time. That's the point of an expansion pack. It expands on the game. Generations was released earlier than Pets, which means you need the Pets disk to play, however if you have Generations installed it will also have everything from Generations, as well as any other expansion pack (EP) or stuff pack (SP) that you own.
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    its telling you to put in the sims 3 pets because that must have been the last one you installed, put that one in and you can still play the other sims game. when you install the sims games the lastest one you install have all the games on it as well as the new one you got do you get it. can you help me too, my sis's friend came over to install the sims 3 showtime and we played it but she left with it and now i can't play any of them because it keeps coming up with please insert sims 3 showtime but i don't have that disc anymore what do i do, cause i don't want to get rid of it, HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

You need the most recently released game to play. Which means if you installed Showtime you need the Showtime disk to play. You need to either purchase it for yourself or uninstall it. Otherwise it will keep asking for the disk.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    HERS wrote:
    Me and my sister brought the Sims 3 Pets to share, and now one of us has to have the game in order to play it, because the screen appears with 'Please Insert Sims 3 Pets disc' - I have tried all the discs I have (apart from the original) Ambitions, Generations and High-End Loft Stuff, but only Pets seems to work. Can someone HELP ME PLEASE?

Only the most recently released game that you own will play the game. If you own pets, you need the pets disk, if you own showtime you need the showtime disk. If you own generations, but not pets or showtime, you need the generations disk. It's not a glitch, thats how it works. You aren't supposed to share disks. If you both want to pay at the same time you need two disks.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm surprised at the amount of people who are confused about the disk order thing. Everybody assumes you can play the game using any disk, but that's not the case. It does not matter in which order you bought the games, it only matters the order in which they were released. There needs to be a sticky or something announcing this, since everybody asks about it.

Also it is technically illegal to install the games on multiple computers, so you probably shouldn't talk about it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You can start the game and then take out the disk. You don't need it to play, just to start up the game.
  • Options
    JivegirlJivegirl Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    I am so ****** off because I tried to uninstall Sims 3 ambitions and re-install it so see if I could play Sims 3 without the recently installed expansion pack in, but it never work now it is saying to put in Sims 3 Pets the recently installed game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited April 2012
    Jivegirl wrote:
    I am so ****** off because I tried to uninstall Sims 3 ambitions and re-install it so see if I could play Sims 3 without the recently installed expansion pack in, but it never work now it is saying to put in Sims 3 Pets the recently installed game.

Even if you reinstall Amb and Pets is still installed, it will always ask for Pets because Pets came out after Ambition.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    talented_startalented_star Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    hi , i have just got a macbook air and i installed sims 3 and it worked fine so i in stalled all the extension packs ending with Showtime , but now it keeps saying insert showtime disk , when it is inserted ! all i wanna do is play it , the games all up to date so its not that , some one help !!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Does your computer see your disk? Can you see the disk icon on your desktop?

If it is, try uninstalling just Showtime, and running it with whatever is your newest after that (Master Suite Stuff comes before Showtime, Pets comes before MSS).
    At least that ought to tell you whether you have a faulty disk, or a problem with the game, or with your computer.

My iMac stopped seeing my Sims disks a few months ago, and a short while after it stopped seeing *any* disk at all and I had to have it replaced.