Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"No game disc found! Please insert The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff game disc before proceeding."

Comments

• Options
    MzpebblesMzpebbles Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    This may sound weird but my game said the same thing. So what I did was open the cd rom, then spin the cd and then close the the cd rom. a pop up that says run disk will show and you just click it or you can go back to the game lauch and press play. It worked for me. :D
  • Options
    SweetKarolineSweetKaroline Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    My sims keeps saying a serious error has occurred trying to load my town and it says I should restart my application.

I don't know what to do please help me!! :(
  • Options
    briandsimsbriandsims Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Ok, does anyone give answers to the problem? I have Townlife and then installed Highend Loft. I'm using a MAC. When I go to open high end loft it automatically opens town life and then won't play anything because I don't have town life disc in. Somebody please explain... I can put the town life disc in and play on that fine. Why won't it do it for Highend loft?
  • Options
    rainbowface0191rainbowface0191 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    i deleted the sims 3 late night from the computer but it still says that if i want to play i need to insert it when i have the original sims game in?!??!?! :( :x
  • Options
    lulusarah44lulusarah44 Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    you needed to put the late night in because it was the newest expainsion pack you had.
  • Options
    isabelleblack166isabelleblack166 Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    queenpeach wrote:
    I just downloaded my Generations. I try to play it but it says "No disk found. Please insert Sims3 Pets". I dont want to play pets! I wanna play the Generations I just got :cry:
    No no no... when you have expansions you are playing on all of them at once.. it says that it wants the Sims 3 Pets disc because that is probably the first expansion that you installed. It will say that youre playing on pets but everything from all the other expansions are still on the game.. dont freak out.
  • Options
    bunbun991017bunbun991017 Posts: 7
    edited November 2012
    queenpeach wrote:
    I just downloaded my Generations. I try to play it but it says "No disk found. Please insert Sims3 Pets". I dont want to play pets! I wanna play the Generations I just got :cry:
    No no no... when you have expansions you are playing on all of them at once.. it says that it wants the Sims 3 Pets disc because that is probably the first expansion that you installed. It will say that youre playing on pets but everything from all the other expansions are still on the game.. dont freak out.

that is right. i have generations, late night, ambitions and town life, and i got town life and ambitions on black friday, and it stills asks for generations.
  • Options
    ajita-janaeajita-janae Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    This thread is of date but just fyi for anybody still having this problem

Insert the disk that it's asking for & click new game.

The town should show up for whatever game you're trying to play & that's how it works.
  • Options
    NinetjeNinetje Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hiker59 wrote:
    @carlyjadehahn
    you need the latest EP disc to play not the last one you installed. So you if you installed Showtime first but then installed Generations, you don't use the Generations disc to play you use the Showtime one. Also did you know it is technically illegal to install that game on multiple users' machines? If you want to play Sims 3 again you will have to uninstall it and re-install the game and all the ep. You can however save the save files and whatever Sims store/exchange files you may have.

Please help! I have the same problem. I have the sims 3 sweet treats by Katy Perry and just bought the luxe accessories. It tells me to put in the sweet treats, but when i put the disc in it ejects it. Not immediately but after a couple of times of heating up and then cooling down you know? It's like it's trying, but after 5 seconds it gives up and after a while it ejects it. The disc looks perfectly fine and i restarted my laptop and still got the same problemç! Anyone help please?? :(
  • Options
    Millsie_SmilesMillsie_Smiles Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I just reinstalled showtime, and it still is asking for seasons which i do not have. Please help D:
  • Options
    Millsie_SmilesMillsie_Smiles Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I just reinstalled showtime, and it still is asking for seasons which i do not have. Please help D:

What i mean is how do i play it without it saying please insert Seasons. I want it to say please insert seasons because it's the only disc i have apart from the base game too.
  • Options
    elembee44elembee44 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I installed the new stuff pack last night "70s, 80s, 90s stuff pack" and now I am at my mums with only the seasons disc in my laptop and I try to play the sims but it keeps telling me to install the 70s, 80s, 90s stuff pack disc... this seems weird that it would make me use the stuff pack disc to play the game instead of the expansion disc... is anyone else having this problem?
  • Options
    09552385970955238597 Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    :!:So,I borrow sims 3 late night from my friend to install it,and i have generations and orginal ofcourse,but I can play only whit sims 3 LN cd I don't now why:( It write: ''No disc found!Please putt Sims 3 Late Night Cd before...'' I don't now some like that and I can play any sims 3 whitout LN cd:( but i have to return cd to my friend,what to do now?PLEASE SOMONE HELP :( ps sorry for my bad english :) :!:
  • Options
    MarieAltynMarieAltyn Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Hi, I have an 11 inch mac book air and it doesn't have a disc roam so I installed sims 3 and sims 3 university from amazon for "mac download" but when I try to play it, it says "No disc found, please insert disc" and I don't know what to do because I don't a cd roam!! and I tried uninstalling it and installing it again and only uninstalling sims 3 university but nothing works, and I don't know what to do!!! please hep!
  • Options
    amstar13amstar13 Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    I am having the same problem, i bought sims 3 Pets a while ago and i recently bought sims 3 Supernatural for my MAC. I installed it and now its asking for the Pets disc. please help
  • Options
    remiceslowremiceslow Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    whenever i try to play my sims 3 generations it says i need to put in the late night one or whatever. ive played my generations a million times before and after downloading an update today it is now saying this. please help -___- :evil:
  • Options
    Roshelleclarke94Roshelleclarke94 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    Im having such a problem with this too, I don't understand it is saying the same.. :( help me!
  • Options
    BarbieGirlyGirlBarbieGirlyGirl Posts: 4 New Member
    edited April 2013
    :( Okay I downloaded The Sims 3 Supernatural today, so it played fine. Now when I open at The Sims 3 Launcher the game keeps closing! what should I do?
  • Options
    jayda223jayda223 Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    ok I finally get it! cause my computer sis the same thing -_-! I just bought genorations today and its asking me for pets! Since you installed sims before genorations its going to ask for pets! But, if you you little sims icon has the genoratons icon u are on the genorations install. So just insert pets but it will still be genorations beacsue u clicked the genorations install button. I hope u understand :) :!:
  • Options
    AvaaloveschuAvaaloveschu Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    It keeps saying i enetered it in and tryedd late night & Basic & Genrations but it wont go.
  • Options
    gergirl15502gergirl15502 Posts: 19 Member
    edited August 2013
    I've lost my Showtime disk, but I still have the original Sims 3 disk, which actually came in the same box as Showtime. I tried to play The Sims 3 without any expansions and it's getting angry and saying I have to play it with Showtime, yet obviously I don't have it. I put the disk in, installed it again and it brought up the sims launcher, yet it's still not recognizing there's a disk there!:(
  • Options
    ells02ells02 Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    the same thing keeps happening to me with sims 3 seasons :thumbdown:
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited September 2013
    I've lost my Showtime disk, but I still have the original Sims 3 disk, which actually came in the same box as Showtime. I tried to play The Sims 3 without any expansions and it's getting angry and saying I have to play it with Showtime, yet obviously I don't have it. I put the disk in, installed it again and it brought up the sims launcher, yet it's still not recognizing there's a disk there!:(

How did you uninstall Showtime? Did you use the uninstaller? And did you use any kind of program to clean your register afterwards?
    Sometimes the uninstaller program that comes with the game leaves behind small traces of the EP you uninstalled and your computer will 'think' that you still have it installed and will keep asking for that disk.

If you're sure you uninstalled Showtime properly and cleaned the register, then the only thing I can recommend is uninstalling the entire game, running a register cleaner and then reinstalling just the base game.

If you have any Sims you'd like to save, you could upload them to the Exchange for safe keeping before you uninstall.

• Options
    ObnoxiousGingerObnoxiousGinger Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    The problem I'm having with High-end loft stuff is I have it downloaded to my computer, but when I try to play it, it says disc authentication failure please insert Late Night sims 3 to continue. The problem is I don't want to play Late Night I'm want to play High-end loft stuff. The sims 3 base game and late night work fine,but the High-end loft stuff doesn't want to play.
  • Options
    sarabear102sarabear102 Posts: 1
    edited January 2014
    I'm confused! I downloaded sims 3 showtime and when I click play it says that I need to insert sims 3 seasons but I don't have sims 3 seasons' disk with me!!!! Some plz help!