Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Washington D.C. Official Thread *RELEASED*

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Patisgreat5Patisgreat5 Posts: 117 New Member
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    AwnswaringAwnswaring Posts: 47 New Member
    edited March 2011
    I downloaded and was going to take a look around. [I was curious to see if and how you furnished your museums.] But before installing, I checked for CC [as I always do], and the world has some attached to it. :(
  • Options
    Patisgreat5Patisgreat5 Posts: 117 New Member
    edited March 2011
    yes, there is some, I've never really uploaded a large world before. How much of a problem is this?
  • Options
    Lorenna88Lorenna88 Posts: 1,063 New Member
    edited March 2011
    *************** im here!! Im downloading!!!!

I'll check out the custom content and if its faulty or a problem...

Patisgreat5 you should edit the title of the post so it says RELEASED or something so more people look and download :)
  • Options
    Lorenna88Lorenna88 Posts: 1,063 New Member
    edited March 2011
    Awnswaring wrote:
    I downloaded and was going to take a look around. [I was curious to see if and how you furnished your museums.] But before installing, I checked for CC [as I always do], and the world has some attached to it. :(

Which cc can you see? Ive also checked and cant find any??
  • Options
    shrewlaliashrewlalia Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Wow it looks amazing!
  • Options
    KATENATE17KATENATE17 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Freaking amazing!
  • Options
    kaeynridsskaeynridss Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    YES!! Thank you!! I've been looking for something like this for a while now! :)
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited December 2012
    Nice job, I was born and raised in Washington DC. As we would would say we live in DC. I still have family down there, they live in Fairfax Va.
    Brings back a lot of good memories growing up there, I spent a lot of time at the museums, Torist areas, back in those days things were a little different, I remember the park across from the White house, Dupont Circle with the street cars, Rock Creek Park, Oh my we as kids spent a lot of time there. We could walk to it. We loved standing in the Fords and yelled for the cars to go fast and get splached. The Zoo in Rock Creek park, oh such memories. Glen Echo the amusement park was still working. The row houses, all the cheery trees in the spring. Keep up the good work. Brings back a lot of childhood fun memories for me.
    I now live in the mountains of NH. I love it here too. to crowded in the city.
  • Options
    conoJasconoJas Posts: 41
    edited December 2012
    Niceeeee!!!
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited December 2012
    I just downloaded andd rec'd your DC world...thank you for sharing with us. I hope to play the world sometime within the next couple of days. It looks wonderful!

Thanks again for sharing!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2012
    Amazing work!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited December 2012
    I was so excited to have a world of one of my favorite places, I have been there 6 times and cannot get enough of the place!

I really think the world is good, but I feel it needs more work... I was happy to see the National Mall laid out almost exactly... but you forgot the Supreme Court and Library of Congress buildings behind the capitol, two very important buildings and very much part of DC.

I would also have liked to see some suburban settings, as DC is not only a city... I have had to lay several lots down just so my sims can have a place besides an apartment to live in.

Overall the world is great... it just needs a few more finishing touches. :)
  • Options
    holychristian44holychristian44 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2013
    :) greate work
  • Options
    nnedixnnedix Posts: 94 New Member
    edited July 2013
    This looks awesome!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2013
    I love your white house, remember that Lafette park is across from the white house. I thought that there was a hotel across from the other side of the park. It was placed later.
    Don't forget the well known Dupont Circle and please put in Rock Creek park. i have fond rememberance of playing in Rock Creek Park, we use to stand by the ford and wait for the cars to cross and yell, faster, faster, so we could get sprayed from the water. use to a zoo there but am not sure if it still is. Things have changed a lot.
    I was born and raised in DC, until I was a teen and then we moved to Maryland.
    it is easy to find a street map of DC. keep up the good work.
    The street we lived on is now part of the government center.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited July 2013
    when i try to install it i get a message from the installer telling me installation failed and to make sure that i have the latest updates installed to my game.

i've got all expansions and the game tells me that i'm at 1.55.4

Any clues why this world causes this installation failure?
  • Options
    GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2014
    I know I'm wicked late to the party, but I CAN NOT WAIT to play with this world. I hope it runs smoothly for me on the PC I'm using. I've got the perfect character of mine for it. Ahhhhh -- can't wait!

It looks amazing from your pictures though. You've got great talent!
    [Fan since The Sims]

• Options
    GeekeryGeekery Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm getting the same error. :( I am so heartbroken.
    [Fan since The Sims]

• Options
    Seblikesims3Seblikesims3 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2014
    All expansion packs and Stuffs* Washington DC world look brilliant.. how do you know Version? but how I can download your world, look wonder? I don't know!!

but you know which patch use Washington DC world for The Sims 3?!

I still worries about crashing or error!!
  • Options
    animarkusanimarkus Posts: 1 New Member
    Anyway I can download?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    @animarkus, here is the link to the world. It's actually located on this page on the first post of page 3 but I will post it here for you to see... :)
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3886828