Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adventure Board Broken

wtrtwnguywtrtwnguy Posts: 68
edited February 27 in Nominated Threads
Ever since installing the last LN patch, it is hard to get any missions from the adventure boards, especially in France. My sim checks out the board and then nothing happens. Sometimes, if I instruct him to check again and again, a mission will eventually pop up. Waiting a day also helps sometimes. I was able to do some smaller missions in France and "Chateau Crawl", but after completing that mission, no new missions are available at all. It sucks since I really enjoy the tomb missions. Pleas EA, fix this. In the meantime, is there a workaround for this? Thanks!
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    jenjenou812jenjenou812 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I am having the same issue. It is frustrating because you wait and wait for missions...and then nothing shows. So then you go home (nothing else to do) and have to wait a couple of 'days' to return to the place you were before. This doesn't always work either. I have arrived in France, for example, and there are no missions. So I will go home, wait a couple of days, return to France and still NOTHING! Please, EA, fix this. It's dissappointing not being to play because of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 glitches like this.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited December 2010
    You'll get missions if you keep trying a few times. If you've tried multiple times, just wait until the next day (without going home first) and then you might get at least one mission. (They're usually pretty simple ones but I've gotten some of the involved ones by being patient.)
  • Options
    PEACHESP26PEACHESP26 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Can someone help me in completeing the Chateau Crawl
    mission. I cannot find the documents needed.
  • Options
    Melba1496Melba1496 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I am having the same problem as the first two writers. It's stupid to wait around forever for an adventure. I do not yet have late nite, just the patches. Please Please Please fix this. Thanks.
  • Options
    HH33236HH33236 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I am having the same problem with both Champs Les Sims and Shang Simla. I hope that they would have a patch soon or I would not be able to complete one of my family in Sunset Valley...
  • Options
    SerenityRoseSerenityRose Posts: 8
    edited December 2010
    I am having this problem.I do hope it is fixed soon.
  • Options
    LilyShadowWriterLilyShadowWriter Posts: 151 Member
    edited December 2010
    Ughhh, I'm having the exact same problem. I haven't even installed Late Night yet because I heard that that EP was connected with the adventure board breaking and I'm currently on an adventures kick (it's so fun!). But maybe it's not just related to that EP because my sim is currently in France and he's only done like three missions there and the adventure board won't give him any more missions ;_;

I check and check and check and check and nada, just like you guys. I did get it to work once by spam checking it and once by waiting a day, but now neither of those methods seems to work D=

So far, I haven't had the problem in the other two countries, but I'm afraid now, heh. For the moment, going to France is practically pointless since I don't get any of the quests =/

Hoping for a fix soon just like you guys *fingers crossed*
    Different Winters- A Differences in the Family Tree Challenge Story
    http://differentwinters.wordpress.com

• Options
    maripioumaripiou Posts: 785 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I have the same problem. So there is no solution?
    * Un comble pour une française de ne pas pouvoir faire des quêtes en France !!! ^^ *
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited December 2010
    I have the same problem only in France.

After a little over a dozen tries, I'll eventually get a new adventure to do.
    It is annoying having to do that all of the time.
    Hopefully, they'll fix that soon.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Dhouse2Dhouse2 Posts: 96 Member
    edited January 2011

I am seeing this problem in France too. Nothing for try after try ... and then I'll get "frog's legs" or "need a date" (cute quests, but my Sim is on the "Great Explorer" LTW and these are a waste for me) -- it took me half a day to get the nectar/library papers challenge.

Could this be related to having undone challenges elsewhere? I am still completing the level 10 martial arts/space rock challenge for China and have to return there but I went to France first.
  • Options
    CindleCindle Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Same problem here. Anyone heard of a fix for this? Really frustrating bug.
  • Options
    Bookworm856Bookworm856 Posts: 47 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I can't even express how relieved I am that I'm not the only person with this problem. The adventure board in France doesn't give me anything after I installed the latest patch. Hopefully the people at EA have heard our plea and are trying to fix the situation.
  • Options
    JasminMoonJasminMoon Posts: 71 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I have the same problem, in China at the moment
  • Options
    AlisuuAlisuu Posts: 5
    edited January 2011
    I've been having this problem too. This far reliable way to get them seems to have been to queue many "Check for adventures". As soon as she has a next one queued up already when she gets checking she gets one right up. If I wait and get nothing before queuing the next one it's usually empty too.

So, make a queue of the "check" actions before your sims reaches the board. Works for me, might help you.
  • Options
    Bunchu8Bunchu8 Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2011
    It just sames that LN and WA dosen't ile one and other... I've read about lots of glitches between these two games!
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited January 2011
    Same problem France is the worst for me trying to get to visa level 3 almost impossible!
  • Options
    CaptainTHPS4CaptainTHPS4 Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2011
    Yep I got this glitch too with my adventurers in China. So annoying! I don't understand how Late Night could have broken the adventure board. Thankfully I still managed to get the Pangu's Axe adventure.
    My YouTube Channel!
    youtube.com/IronSeagull
  • Options
    HosfacHosfac Posts: 292 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I've had this problem in China, and this creates serious problems with trying to have a Great Explorer.

As far as EA hearing our pleas go: I won't begrudge anyone a little hope, but I'll suggest that you not hold your breath. Excavation outside of tombs has been broken since the first WA patch. And there are many, many other problems that have been around since day one that still exist today.

They're just too busy making new expansion packs to fix anything that's wrong with them.
  • Options
    LogicalLogical Posts: 19 Member
    edited January 2011
    Ditto, I am having the same problem.
  • Options
    SIMcredibleDesignsSIMcredibleDesigns Posts: 6 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Hi!
    We had the same problem here so, we decided to search out there a solution.
    Its fix is... absolutely easy (credits to Dacia from Yahoo Answers). She said:
    Okay I was just having this same problem. My special merchant died, so maybe that messes with it, but here is what I did to fix it:

Under your Sim's opportunities tab there is a section for home opportunities, and adventures. Click on the home opportunities icon (looks like a house) then try the adventure board. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I clicked between home and adventures a few times and clicked around the job/skill sections under the home icon and the board magically started working again.

The fact is that we tried her tips with none hope but... it worked :D
  • Options
    xokissez45oxxokissez45ox Posts: 80
    edited January 2011
    excavation outside of tombs is one thing, people can live without that, but the ENTIRE POINT of world adventures, is to COMPLETE ADVENTURES. if the actual adventure board is broken, i would really hope EA would at least answer one of the many, many forum posts about this. if anything to at least apologize for the fact that they're not going to fix it. course, it'd be really nice if they would ACTUALLY fix it.

how much was this expansion pack again? 30$? 40$? if the entire point of the pack is null, i pretty much just threw my money out the window.
  • Options
    NancyS786NancyS786 Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2011
    I don't have late night so it's not it. The adventure board worked great in China and Egypt but hardly works at all in France.

This is the third trip to France it's been like this.

I tried that solution of clicking on home opportunities and tried all the stuff but that didn't work either.

It seems to me the board worked better when there were no level 3 visa sims along on the trip. Say on the very first trip to France.

I have a L3, 2 L2s and one who just started her Visa - she has been the only one to get adventures from the board, and still sometimes it says there is nothing, try tomorrow.

But at least it's better than my other sims - for whom the adventure board says nothing at all.

Doesn't EA ever work on their bugs? Didn't ANYBODY come up with a cheat for this since EA never works on their bugs?

Nancy
  • Options
    NancyS786NancyS786 Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2011
    I hope this link works:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=380248&c=1

I searched Mod the Sims under downloads for the Sims 3 - searched just the word "Adventure"

I found this fix - Unlimited Adventures

It basically is supposed to let all family members do the same adventure. I wonder if this is why the board seemed broken - my family at one point had been able to do all kinds of adventures, it's now just on later trips they can't.

So I installed this and the only thing is sometimes the all the get very same adventure, but that's nothing compared to not getting an adventure at all.

Nancy
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2011
    NancyS786 wrote:
    I hope this link works:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=380248&c=1

I searched Mod the Sims under downloads for the Sims 3 - searched just the word "Adventure"

I found this fix - Unlimited Adventures

It basically is supposed to let all family members do the same adventure. I wonder if this is why the board seemed broken - my family at one point had been able to do all kinds of adventures, it's now just on later trips they can't.

So I installed this and the only thing is sometimes the all the get very same adventure, but that's nothing compared to not getting an adventure at all.

Nancy

You don't have to have LN for it to have the LN problems. If your game is up to date, then it has the LN update, which is the source of the problem.
  • Options
    CAELUM74CAELUM74 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Well, I guess I'm glad it's not just me.....

So far, I've had the problem in both China and France. I'm going for the Great Explorer LTW and it's really hard to get that if the boards don't work. I haven't tried the multiple clicking, I'll have to try that. I did have her sister with her in China the last trip and her sister was able to get an adventure then the board worked with my Explorer sim. That might be a solution, having your Explorer travel with someone else.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top