Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Dirty Clothes Appearing on lot????

Hi can anyone help me? ivve bought a washing machine and dryer and no clothes are appearing on the lot

Comments

• Options
    kerby414kerby414 Posts: 1,188 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I think you need a clothes hamper as well.
  • Options
    Spike7439Spike7439 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited June 2010
    i have a clothes hamper in every room, and still nothing
  • Options
    HippieRoxHippieRox Posts: 12 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Does your house have a clothes line? My friend has this same problem but she just uses the laundrette in the game. :D
  • Options
    PinkiePie618PinkiePie618 Posts: 798 Member
    edited June 2010
    If you have a hamper in every room dirty clothes will not appear. You'll have to click on the hamper to wash the clothes in it.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    none of the hampers contain clothes. even with just one hamper. i even reinstalled it and dirty clothes still don't appear
  • Options
    DeskPDeskP Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2010
    try to remove the hampers maybe, btw it doesent seem they drop clothges every time they change, think its after theyve worn it for some time
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ive had my sim wear clothes for quite a while and still nothing ive reinstalled ambitions and still no dirty clothes are appearing
  • Options
    LoCatusLoCatus Posts: 1,740 Member
    edited June 2010
    Well darn.. Every time my sim changes his clothes while at home he leaves the previous outfit laying on the floor.

Goes to bed.. pile of clothes.
    gets up changes to every day, pile of clothes.
    goes to use the weight bench in the basement.. Yup ANOTHER pile of dirty clothes.

I had to hire a maid just to clean up after him.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2010
    If you put a laundry hamper in the bathroom and the sim changes clothes in the bathroom the dirty clothes should end up in the laundry hamper in the bathroom.

If your sim changes clothes in the bedroom but the hamper is in the bathroom then you should end up with a pile of dirty clothes in the bedroom.
    In other words if the room that your sim changes clothes in has a hamper, the dirty laundry will go into that, but if they change in a room that does not have a hamper but yet you DO have a laundry hamper someplace in the house then they will leave a pile of reeking stinky laundry behind.

If you don't place a laundry hamper in your home at all, you should never end up with any dirty laundry piles in the house.

I make it a habbit now (and I don't know why since I hate doing laundry in real life) of placing a laundry hamper in both the bedroom and bathroom since that's the only places my sims change their clothes and do laundry once in a while to get the moodlet, I don't know why, I find doing laundry in the sims 3 as boring as I do in real life and the moodlet not worth the bother but I do it anyway.

Can a laundry hamper overflow onto the ground if you don't do laundry soon enough, or does it simply turn into a reeking green blob like dirty dishes left laying around for the laundry hamper?

The laundry system as listed above for me has been working 100% so far. I end up with piles of clothes in rooms that don't have a laundry hamper when there is a hamper someplace in the house but not in the same room as where the sim changes clothes, and don't get any dirtly laundry piles when there is no laundry hamper in the house.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i finally managed to fix it i think it was because i copied my entire household from a different town so i moved into a different house and now the dirty clothes appear thanks for all the help though
  • Options
    FireMissilesFireMissiles Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2010
    I had this same problem, it turned out I got a gnome stuck in the dryer.

When I moved the dryer into the house storage thingy in the buy menu it put the gnome there too and then it all started working fine.

Might be worth a try.

F.
  • Options
    Suavykim21Suavykim21 Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    i'm actually having the same problem right now, i moved my sims into a new house and this particular lot dirty clothes aren't appearing, but when with their old house or if i move them else where laundry appears like they are suppose to. I moved my washer and dryer in the family inventory to check for a magic gnome but there isn't one, does any body else have suggestions?
  • Options
    Jes123190Jes123190 Posts: 219 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Jalida wrote:

Can a laundry hamper overflow onto the ground if you don't do laundry soon enough, or does it simply turn into a reeking green blob like dirty dishes left laying around for the laundry hamper?

The hamper will get full at which point your sim will resume putting dirty clothes on the floor. I had a hamper in my bathroom get full and she started putting her dirty clothes on the floor outside of the shower every day... I thought the maid was supposed to do the laundry... apparently not... I had to make her do it herself...
    Funny thing is, she picked up the clothes from the hamper in the little bag thing and got distracted on the way to the washer and dropped it on the floor. When I moved it to the hamper, it was only treated as one piece of laundry and the hamper was no longer full. I guess thats also a way to get out of doing laundry and not having a full hamper...
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited July 2010
    I wish I'd had that problem. I took all the laundry items out, because I got sick of seeing dirty clothes piles everywhere.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    mo123567mo123567 Posts: 5
    edited July 2010
    (edit) Sorry, my problem is the opposite of the thread title. I'll start a new thread instead...
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    I am having the same problem. Change lots but no laundry appearing in hampers even with washer and dryer on lot. :(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    LexLennon wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. Change lots but no laundry appearing in hampers even with washer and dryer on lot. :(

@lexlennon, if this is a TS4 issue, you may want to ask this over in the TS4 section as this thread was created for TS3 back in 2010.

Here is link for a thread with the same issue in the TS4 section... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933457/what-am-i-doing-wrong-washing-machine#latest
  • Options
    LexLennonLexLennon Posts: 134 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    LexLennon wrote: »

@lexlennon, if this is a TS4 issue, you may want to ask this over in the TS4 section as this thread was created for TS3 back in 2010.

Here is link for a thread with the same issue in the TS4 section... :)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/933457/what-am-i-doing-wrong-washing-machine#latest

My bad! I totally thought ya'll were referring to TS4. Danke!!!!