Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Cartoon CAS Contest: Where are you Flme_5, Matty904, and Okaydokey?

Comments

• Options
    BluewindBluewind Posts: 4,709 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I updated my entry to fix schmendrick's name. and the cover pic on the lot as well. it was *really* annoying...

do i need to upload them as individuals? They don't really have any other outfits from the cartoons other than what you see them wearing now.

I prefer individuals for CC scanning and so I can see all the outfits on the site rather than downloading them. Looking at all the outfits lets me see how much the creator thought their characters through. Even if they only have one outfit, try to create a wardrobe inspired by their dress and personality. Little touches like that will help me with tiebreakers :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Too all contestants:
    I just realized that the contest deadline falls during finals week, so it will take me one to two weeks after the contest is over to post the winner. You all have worked so hard on your entries, I don't want to just post who won and leave it at that. I want to look over everyone's entries and give everyone feedback on their wonderful work. I will make sure to keep everyone updated on how far I am on judging. I can't wait to start! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mistywater45Mistywater45 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to do this to you at like the last possible second, but computer is broken, cause my sister kick it and now it won't charge.

So I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm so sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to do this to you at like the last possible second, but computer is broken, cause my sister kick it and now it won't charge.

So I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm so sorry!

It's okay! No problem. I know first hand how RL can get in the way. :wink:

I tell you what, since you are the only one who reserved that cartoon, I will leave you on the board jnc you are able to finish it. Even if your entry gets in too late to be part of the contest, I will still go by your studio and rec your creations so you still will get a little reward for your effort. How does that sound :mrgreen:
  • Options
    okaydokeyokaydokey Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2011
    Username: okaydokey
    Cartoon Name: Scooby Doo
    Characters from Cartoon

1. scooby doo qsmhdl.jpg
    Traits: piggy, loyal, clueless
    2. Velma kdjsqv.jpg
    Traits adventerous, genious, computerwizz, bookworm, vegitarian
    Faviourites: Music: classical food: fruit pafarati colour: orange
    3. Shaggy mwz5t5.jpg
    Traits: slob, dog person, coward, couchpotato, good sence of humor. (I think)
    Favourites: food: hamburger music: pop colour: green

zlcbah.jpg
    Story: After many long happy years of mystery solving Shaggy, Velma, and of coarse scooby, decided to settle down and finnaly grow up.
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4889857
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay okaydokey, you are done save for everyone's favorites. I will give you a bit to update it until I post your entry :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    okaydokey wrote:
    (I forgot to to shaggys favorites D: )
    Okay, tell you what, you type in what you would have put if you had remembered. I'm not going to be reading the stuff off your upload, just your post :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    little bump to warn procrastinators! ;)
  • Options
    tuketeletuketele Posts: 1,762 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Username: tuketele
    Cartoon Name: Kim Possible
    Characters from Cartoon (Include names, traits, favorites, and link)
    1. Kim Possible
    11azex4.jpg
    21oydlc.jpg
    -- Brave, flirty, Good, Perceptive, Friendly
    38vf8.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4893646

2. Ron Stoppable
    2dawv86.jpg
    -- Absent Minded, Clumsy, Excitable, Good, Easily Impressed
    -- Pop, Mac and Cheese (since they don't have nachos), Red
    w8m6op.jpg
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4893643
    Story: (Why are they there?)
    fnqlx0.jpg
    2eghft5.jpg
    Their day started out like any other day for a teenager. Here we see best friends, Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable hanging outside of the school building during their lunch time.

However, these aren't ordinary teenagers.... by night, they are crime fighters, working hard to bring villains to justice.
    2jepvnb.jpg
    Along with their naked mole rat, Rufus....

They arrive at Dr. Draken's dark lair....
    x5o0sy.jpg

Ron might be a goof, but Kim's always got it under control!
    241tg6v.jpg

They always catch their villain! Go team go!

Anything Else Interesting?
    They each have two everyday outfits which are displayed in the pictures. Rufus is a nake mole rat in the show, but since we can't recolor them in the game, he has to be a black and white rat. :( My entry is 100% cc free. Enjoy :) I used to watch this show when I was in middle school. I grew out of it before the series ended, but I still remember my brother and I watching it all the time in the beginning. It was the longest running Disney channel original series!
  • Options
    tuketeletuketele Posts: 1,762 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I hope it's ok I entered, I just saw this contest and with the deadline coming up so fast I wanted to make sure I got my entry in! :)

I made sure to pick one no one else had picked :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contestants and links to entries have been updated :mrgreen:

@tuketele: That is just fine!

To All Contestants: As long the rules are followed and you do not pick a cartoon that is full (2 max), entries can be submitted up until the 8th at midnight CST. Last minuted edits can be made to entries up until 1am CST on the 9th. That gives you guys an extra hour to fix anything you might have misses.

If an emergency occurs (like computer broke down or family member had to go to ER) and I am contacted before the deadline, I may make an exception for that contestant and extend his or her entry edits deadline up to 2 hours. However, that is as far as I will extend the deadline in order to keep the contest fair. I know RL can get in the way sometimes and I want to give everyone a chance to get their entries in :mrgreen:
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,823 Member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, but I won´t be able to finish my entry on time. So I'm going to withdraw from this contest.

I'll be looking at all entries though. It is fun to try to guess who is who :mrgreen: This contest is fun. Thanks for hosting it!
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited December 2011
    :mrgreen:
    Yay!

username: Puddinroy
    Cartoon: The Smurfs
    Cartoon character: Baby Smurf
    Why are they in Sunset Valley: Well nobody really knows why baby smurf is there. They just know that Baby smurf likes to make people laugh and giggle. Also Baby Smurf is excitable and easily-impressed.
    Traits: excitable, easily-impressed
    Favorites: cookies, kids, and white
    Pictures:
    Screenshot-40.jpg

CAS Picture

Screenshot-42.jpg

Baby Smurf in swing

Anything interesting: Baby smurf is either a boy or girl! Nobody knows

link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4894445

:) I hope this is right
    :) Smile!

• Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't upload my characters individually, and theonly way to do that nw would be to redownload them (I deleted them from my game, because I don't like having non-realistic simsrunning around). I can do that, if you'd like me to, because I did set all their outfits in ways I thought woud match properly to them. Let me know!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't upload my characters individually, and theonly way to do that nw would be to redownload them (I deleted them from my game, because I don't like having non-realistic simsrunning around). I can do that, if you'd like me to, because I did set all their outfits in ways I thought woud match properly to them. Let me know!

It's just easier on me so I don't have to fully download the household, just enough to run it through custard. Whatever is easier on you hun. It wont count against you either way, but I can give you more recs that way ;)
  • Options
    Sarah3120Sarah3120 Posts: 4,318 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Username: Sarah3120

Cartoon Name: Pokemon

Characters from Cartoon:

q2r18xcezdps.jpg"width=650"

Name: Ash Ketchum
    Traits: Adventurous, Ambitious, Animal Lover, Childish
    Favorites: Blue, Dim Sum, Pop
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4895064

p66yjd7dwkz.jpg"width=650"

Name: Misty
    Traits: Angler, Animal Lover, Hot-Headed, Virtuoso
    Favorites: Aqua, Dim Sum, Pop
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4895067

7huwbd411ap7.jpg"width=650"

Name: Brock
    Traits: Animal Lover, Disciplined, Hopeless Romantic, Loves The Outdoors, Nurturing
    Favorites: Grey, Dim Sum, Pop
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4895076

rh1w1tdr7lgk.jpg"width=650"

Name: Pikachu
    Traits: Adventurous, Hyper, Playful
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4895078

(More a minor character, because I needed a Pokemon for the story)
    3ynhwxogam.jpg"width=650"

Name: Rapidash
    Traits: Agile, Fast, Untrained
    Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4895923

Story:

gg1ssibl8ntu.jpg"width=650"

Ash Ketchum wants to be the best Pokemon trainer of the world.
    So Ash and his friends, Misty and Brock, go to Appaloosa Plains, because Ash wants to challenge the new Gym Leader, which has got strong fire Pokemon and especially his Rapidash is feared by many Pokemon trainers.

hzuu9tpqly7h.jpg"width=650"

But before they challenge Savo, the Gym Leader, Brock suggests to take a break from all the hard training first.
    Misty likes that idea, but Ash, as we know him, wants to challenge Savo directly.
    Later, Ash's friends can somehow persuade him to take a break first. After they had a yummy meal, Misty wants to catch a new water Pokemon and not only one water Pokemon, she wants a rare Corsola, which is known to live at Appaloosa Plains. At the end she doesn't catch one, but she's still happy, because she has caught a cute Marill instead.

whyfg22l11.jpg"width=650"

Now Ash is full of energy and unstoppable to challenge the Gym Leader. But when they arrive, Savo isn't there. Ash is angry and freaks out, but Brock tells him it would be better to use the time for training a little more.

1zotble15ebg.jpg"width=650"

So, Ash goes to a green field to train there... and meets Savo! He uses his chance to challenge him.

lnlcym5x7t2w.jpg"width=650"

Ash's Pikachu fights against Savo's Rapidash.

mrbxgsegaxfy.jpg"width=650"

First it doesn't look good for Pikachu, Rapidash's Stomp hurt it real bad.

1hfc6g6hrno.jpg"width=650"

But Pikachu uses all of it's powers to use Thunderbolt.

aiv97dzlp8jj.jpg"width=650"

After Rapidash is still standing, Pikachu uses a mighty Thunder, which K.O.s the Gym Leader's Rapidash.

q18921yyzyyi.jpg"width=650"

Ash did it again!!! He defeated the Gym Leader of Appaloosa Plains! From Savo he receives the Vulcano Badge and with a good feeling, Ash, Misty and Brock go to the next city, looking for new adventures.

Anything Else Interesting?

- Click on the pictures for a better view
    - Characters and outfits are from the 1st season (click here to see a picture)
    ~ Ash's athletic wear is from this picture
  • Options
    okaydokeyokaydokey Posts: 2,164
    edited December 2011
    I edited shaggys favorites :)
  • Options
    goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited December 2011
    Bluewind ~ I saw this today and it made me think of you and your cartoon contest. I don't know why, but I thought someone was doing a rainbow bright entry. Oh well. Maybe you and the entrants will enjoy the pic anyway.

94716398382638993_qDVLkKlX_b.jpg

Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bluewind ~ I saw this today and it made me think of you and your cartoon contest. I don't know why, but I thought someone was doing a rainbow bright entry. Oh well. Maybe you and the entrants will enjoy the pic anyway.

94716398382638993_qDVLkKlX_b.jpg

Good luck everyone.

Awww, so very cute! thank you :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay everyone, everything has been updated.

42 HOURS LEFT!!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Her is a list in alphabetical order of the contestants who have not finished their entries yet and i haven't spoke with:
    Amagirl - Peanuts
    betty_me13 - King of the Hill
    Bexxeth - Family Guy
    Daelia - The Jetsons
    emb1995 – The Powerpuff Girls
    Emily1292 - Pokemon
    imoger - Phineas and Ferb
    imsmaniac – Spongebob Square Pants
    Lissykin - Jem and the Holograms
    Lolllimoewmo – Phineas and Ferb
    NadiNadi99 – The Simpsons
    Puddinroy – Smurfs
    sheri19a - Rugrats
    simfeetunder - Punky Brewster
    Springfairy556 - Rugrats
    tasha000 - Invader Zim
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the reminder Bluewind! Ive been so carried away recently.

I will think about how im going to make him first. :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reminder Bluewind! Ive been so carried away recently.

I will think about how im going to make him first. :lol:

No problem! That's what friends are for :mrgreen:

I am fighting the urge to complement the awesomeness of some of these entries! Everyone did great, but there are some entries that really surprised me! I am going to post comments about every single entry (that's why the judging will take so long) at one time so that everyone can feel the love :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SimsManiac2k9SimsManiac2k9 Posts: 11,322 Member
    edited December 2011
    Bluewind wrote:
    No problem! That's what friends are for :mrgreen:

I am fighting the urge to complement the awesomeness of some of these entries! Everyone did great, but there are some entries that really surprised me! I am going to post comments about every single entry (that's why the judging will take so long) at one time so that everyone can feel the love :mrgreen:

I like all the entries! I don't know how im going to do spongebob.. He just won't have yellow skin i guess! Good luck with Judging!
  • Options
    cherryberrybloocherryberrybloo Posts: 4,293 New Member
    edited December 2011
    I edited my original post, the names of each character are now clickable links to their individual uploads.