The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent - did the patch fix all major bugs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,118 Member
    @Scrapdash Try a save as before you move sims - that often fixes my wonkyness in larger saves.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 1
    Here are the current bugs with For Rent

The big one:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Orange-Exclamation-signs-over-lots-Houses-disappear/m-p/10533991

The others: for links see here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/13277181#M262242

Aspirations

[OPEN] [FR] Can't Complete Buy Shirt at Night Market Goal if Already Bought
    [OPEN] [FR] Maintenance event doesn't tick off

Bills/Money/Royalty

[NEEDS SAVES] [FR] Can't Pay Bills (Tenant)
    [OPEN] [FR] Impossibly High Rent
    [NEEDS SAVES] [FR] Justly evicting and still being fined
    [WORKAROUND] [FR] Low rent max
    [NEEDS SAVES] [FR] Tenants wont pay rent

Categorisation/Filter/Swatch/Description

[OPEN] [FR] 'Do You Be-leaf in Concrete?' Swatch mismatch

Collectibles

[OPEN] [FR] No new marble after 'Playing for keeps'

Console Specific

[OPEN] [FR] Can’t Enter Daily Rent Amount

Food/Drink/Food Stalls

[OPEN] [CL] [FR] Picking up a serving of veggie chili turn serving into 8 serving
    [OPEN] [FR] Pressure cooker food made by sims with the fresh chef trait spoils

Misc Inventories

[OPEN] Items in Fridge, Bookshelf & Toybox Disappear on R-Residential

Moodlets

[OPEN] [FR] Constantly dirty surroundings moodlet from Pressure Cooker and Kettle

Objects: General

[OPEN] Residential Rental: Tenants can't send items on Plopsy/Trendi

Presser Cooker/Heater/Kettle

[OPEN] Kettle and Pressure Cooker randomly Disappearing from Lot/HH inventory
    [OPEN] No option to instant upgrade kettles and pressure cookers with Handy trait

Property Manager

[NEEDS SAVES] Landlord still owns property/Tenants still present after death
    [OPEN] Property ownership not recognized in owned rental tab
    [NEEDS SAVES] Rental units duplicated in Owned Business tab

Rental Event

[WORKAROUND] Electrical Failure: Broken Pressure cooker prevents event from completing
    [OPEN] Explosive Malfunction can't be resolved as nothing can be replaced
    [OPEN] Objects randomly catch on fire after solved cursed book event
    [OPEN] Pet/Charity Drive excessively long
    [OPEN] Rental Protest unsolveable
    [OPEN] Tenant Revolts still happen when Rental Unit Events are disabled

Residential Rental

[OPEN] Doors in App./Dorms stay visible on lowering walls
    Patch notes say this is fixed -> [OPEN] Households funds stay same when transferring money
    [OPEN] Landlord - Unable to Build/Edit owned lot
    [OPEN] Residential Rental Lot Name Keeps Reverting to Default Lot Name
    [OPEN] Sims on Residential Rental Lots Entering Each others homes
    [NEEDS SAVES] Tenant Vacated but still cant re-rent, edit, or change lot type

Wow, that is quite a lot and am afraid they may not get to them all.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 1
    For me, I feel it is the amount of all packs that are part of the series and the lack of tweaking and fixing before adding more on top of bugs that was never touched or looked into.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    @SheriSim57 You also may want to look at this Bug Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Gallery-full-of-potentially-gamebreaking-builds-since-For-Rent/m-p/13662194#M276694

Even if the lot is not a Residential Rental, there is a good chance that the lot was build on a previously bugged and bulldozed Residential Rental. You never know if the builder used a fresh save for the build or not. If you think about it every shared build on the gallery since For Rent could be a potentially corrupted build, no matter the lot type. Although the Sims Team fixed the Stuck on Residential Bug, they never said if already bugged and shared lots on the gallery are being retroactively fixed if being placed in your game. This is very alarming to me.

I've just gone through my bugged save and removed all the recent lots from the gallery.
    My game is fixed!
    Honestly I'm just stunned, as a hopeless builder I've always used the gallery, never thought it would cause a problem. And it didn't, until a few weeks ago. Stuck sims, commands disappearing, townies stood around frozen, endless loading.
    Repairing the game didn't help.
    But as soon as these recent lots were bulldozed my game ran normally again. That can't be coincidence.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    @SheriSim57 You also may want to look at this Bug Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Gallery-full-of-potentially-gamebreaking-builds-since-For-Rent/m-p/13662194#M276694

Even if the lot is not a Residential Rental, there is a good chance that the lot was build on a previously bugged and bulldozed Residential Rental. You never know if the builder used a fresh save for the build or not. If you think about it every shared build on the gallery since For Rent could be a potentially corrupted build, no matter the lot type. Although the Sims Team fixed the Stuck on Residential Bug, they never said if already bugged and shared lots on the gallery are being retroactively fixed if being placed in your game. This is very alarming to me.

I've just gone through my bugged save and removed all the recent lots from the gallery.
    My game is fixed!
    Honestly I'm just stunned, as a hopeless builder I've always used the gallery, never thought it would cause a problem. And it didn't, until a few weeks ago. Stuck sims, commands disappearing, townies stood around frozen, endless loading.
    But as soon as these recent lots were bulldozed my game ran normally again. That can't be coincidence.

Interesting! It might be helpful if you commented about this on the linked bug report thread.
  • Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 186 Member
    edited May 2
    Scrapdash wrote: »
    My game is fixed!

I'm sorry that you've experienced these issues, but at the same time I am happy that you could save your game by deleting those lots. :) I would really appreciate it if you could share your experience in the Bug Report I linked before. Even if you just copy your message you wrote here and paste it in into the bug report. Thank you in advance.

The Gallery is very importand for me and it is so frustrating, that I don't dare to use ANY of the builds shared after the Release of For Rent, because I don't want to risk my beloved save file. Sure, not all lots are corrupted but there is no other way to tell if the build is a corrupted one or not, than by placing it down, play a while and see if your game gets corrupted. :'(

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,722 Member
    My guess is that gallery lots build between The Rent release and the patch that fixed the switching to/from RR lot category shall be avoided. I never got any lot from the gallery, and that might be (one of several) reason why my 9 years old save with tons of households and CC +nearly all packs can still be played on my wacky low-end computer. I assume gallery lots created long before the RR category was introduced should be safe though. No idea whether date of creation is available on the galery?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited May 2
    My guess is that gallery lots build between The Rent release and the patch that fixed the switching to/from RR lot category shall be avoided. I never got any lot from the gallery, and that might be (one of several) reason why my 9 years old save with tons of households and CC +nearly all packs can still be played on my wacky low-end computer. I assume gallery lots created long before the RR category was introduced should be safe though. No idea whether date of creation is available on the galery?

I haven't read through the thread in a while, but my recollection is that there were pre-FR builds that caused issues. Probably a good idea is to have a test save for Gallery/Library builds before adding them to your regular save.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member

I haven't read through the thread in a while, but my recollection is that there were pre-FR builds that caused issues. Probably a good idea is to have a test save for Gallery/Library builds before adding them to your regular save.

Whoa, that's crazy! If it's true that pre-FR builds might be affected too, do you have any theories as to how this could occur? I can't think of anything.

Fortunately, I do have a save that's just for placing, checking and editing gallery builds. I just downloaded a few recently, but I haven't placed any of them in my main save yet, thank goodness.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited May 2
    The Maxis residential rental apartment complex that comes with the FR ep, (with the fountain), is always first on my personal library even though I have many more recent lots. Not sure if its an error but always reminds me of daunting issue with FR. Hope it gets fixed.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,072 Member
    edited May 2
    I had something funny happen last week when placing a lot I'd downloaded from the gallery a long time ago, well before For Rent, a Community Space lot. Those are the lots from Eco that have four forms: default, community garden, maker space, and market. It took a very long time to place, I got a white screen for a while, went away from my computer for a few minutes and came back and it had loaded, but whenever I tried to switch in build mode to the default form of the lot (in order to place items in that form of the lot so it wouldn't look like an incomplete lot anymore) it would only switch for a second and then switch back to community garden.

My guess is that it has nothing to do with whether the downloaded lots had ever been residential rental (this one obviously hadn't), but rather it has to do with the mechanic of having multiple lots existing on one lot. Something about that has changed and become either broken in itself, or so much more resource-intensive that it ends up breaking.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    @PandoraTO @mrs_starkey I popped over to the bug report site and left a comment.
    One things for sure, I'm going to have to learn to build! This experience was offputting.

@mightysprite that's interesting about the multiple lot theory, 2 of my newly placed lots were like that, for example a cafe & store and residence above. You could be onto something there.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,818 Member
    The orange exclamation point issue was occurring when I had played with more than a certain number of residential rental. I really want to add more residential rentals but I am afraid for my game and progress.
    How do I know when we are in the clear, because I can not even begin to scratch the surface of playing For Rent is if I can barely use it's gameplay.
    Landlords have been receiving rent, paying it is a not always available for tenant. Little buggy with repairs needed in game and landlord showing up. I have yet to see the random animal adoption event which is supposed to show up at some point.
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 119 Member
    I experienced a for rent related glitch/bug yesterday. I tried to go into a residential rental lot and when I clicked it I just got a big gray box with an X through it. I went into build mode then back to map view and it seemed to fix it. Not wanting to chance any major issues I evicted all the tenants and wiped the lot. Then returned it to a residential lot.
    I also had to power down my computer twice yesterday bc the game froze while I was using it. Both times it was while placing lots from the gallery so I'm not sure if it is the for rent memory bug or a glitch related to the gallery.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,072 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    How do I know when we are in the clear

When this thread gets marked fixed :/
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Orange-Exclamation-signs-over-lots-Houses-disappear/m-p/10533991