Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Urban Homage and Party Essentials Official Screenshot Thread!

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited April 19
    Finally remembered I was all excited I could pay my bills and then grab the kits but I forgot the kits and had a ton of food instead...so caught up whether you wanted it or not lol. I have a few pics but humor me I'll just spoil the whole post later.
    CrMd52Mh.png
    This is Sasha.
    RaH9qU1h.png
    I like to think she would like the detail on the new stuff a fair amount.
    N0IFSrEh.png
    And her jewelry
    rNXzR5mh.png
    I got her something colorful to work out in, then I thought I bet she has a kid brother that got it for her.
    9OPc7kjh.png
    So I made Monroe.
    pMzPRNsh.png
    He's a lot less colorful but he's glad she "likes" the work out wear.
    vlYBxYJh.png
    I had her move around a bit and her pants to shine a bit, this pic amused me though I could almost hear that "boyyyy, don't you go gettin' into trouble.".
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: Β»
    The best swatches are always hidden, never shown in the promo material. Like, how adorable is this:

58434960186e606b5bdea07e0032473bc1907230.pnj

Paging Gordy.
    Emily, the sea monster from Get Together! She's not exactly a dragon, but she's still precious and special.

ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,462 Member
    Good to see some long pants in the new kit! Just say no to ankle pants. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    A quick break from my current family to check out the new kits!! I am very grateful to have won a code in the giveaway :heart: Urban Homage is an instant favorite, especially the butterfly top, the layered necklace, and the nose piercings!! I'm equally as obsessed with Party Essentials. I have a very similar record player set up irl and I collect disco balls so I was very much anticipating this kit :love: also love the new bar and how it doesn't stand out as much as other bars :blush: super excited to have these in my game!!
    TYLI1td.png
    Pah73NR.png
    nYGIz4Y.png
    PZwSBFN.png
    h0MPBhi.png

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,028 Member
    edited April 19
    I bought both kits. Haven't had a chance to check out the Urban CAS kit yet, but I did play a little with the Party kit. Party Essentials comes with a room that contains all the items (I think), so I decided to use that to set up a small Party Place on an empty lot. I then had my sims invite some friends to join them on an informal outing there.

My families don't host a lot of parties at home, but using the kit in a party venue of some kind would work perfectly for my play style.

Here's the simple setup I built with the prefab room. I didn't make a lot of changes this time. The room was nice for testing, but it will definitely need expanding. I only placed a separate bathroom for now.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113921&authkey=%21AEgvnwQXjDjIJSs&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113918&authkey=%21AOmlmb6X2JZnY_c&width=1920&height=1080
    My sims had a lot of fun, but I will need to enlarge the party room and add a few more amenities, make the restroom more accessible too.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113920&authkey=%21AB5oC-9xEbIN_9g&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113922&authkey=%21AK9oeJooJvLMmks&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113923&authkey=%21AGSra96Am8UZIC0&width=1920&height=1080
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113919&authkey=%21AJUSQhJomi5Soeg&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    I've been having fun adding the party items to wedding venues, nightclubs, karaoke bars etc. This is the room above the Copperdale Thriftea store where mostly my teens hang out (the invisible dance mat is on the patterned rug):

04-19-24_12-14-10-PM.png?rlkey=99gc6mz1q07pwjtk8shczwtot&st=aesvwgo6&dl=0

04-19-24_12-13-48-PM.png?rlkey=f7oslcz79ueawkw5x398wy2ba&st=x8mavmqj&dl=0
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    I've been having fun adding the party items to wedding venues, nightclubs, karaoke bars etc. This is the room above the Copperdale Thriftea store where mostly my teens hang out (the invisible dance mat is on the patterned rug):

04-19-24_12-13-48-PM.png?rlkey=f7oslcz79ueawkw5x398wy2ba&st=x8mavmqj&dl=0

Your party venue looks lovely. Now looking at that snacks and refreshments table, wouldn't it have been lovely if sims could grab a bowl of chips from the snacks pile and maybe a glass of orange juice or lemonade from the juice jar? We have those in the game, they just need to enable these kind of interactions like they did for the book piles.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,392 Member
    I made a party while you work tiny house. I wanted to see how the items looked being used in everyday decor. Sorry it's hard to take good pictures in a 2 story 64x64 tile tiny home.

KcXX1wY.png
    RJKjL7M.png

Those mosaic wall decors would look great as kitchen splash backs. Would also make a great wallpaper. I also love the backlit TV.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,968 Member
    edited April 19
    Unfortunately the disco ball cannot be sized up because of the animations :<
    like the animations though :sweat_smile: oh well it'll be small disco ball then
    but I still wish it was just one size up bigger cause I think I would use it more on venues

pVCCBtJ.png

love that they used werewolves picture for this vinyl

2VW8GGJ.png

have to test if sims can walk through the wall items
    but theres some items that could be useful for scifi

jQmeVpk.png
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    edited April 19
    @crocobaura thanks - and, yeah, I added the lemonade tray to the table so they'd have a reason to go over there, but it would have been good if those decor items had interactions for drinks and chips.

Edit: I guess I could MOO that little lunch bag we got in one of the recent updates to base game and stick it under the table and then it might look like they were getting chips from the table.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,579 Member
    edited April 19
    I don't know what to think about adding the invisible dance floor that was hidden in the Get Together Pack (for the events at the Ruins and Bluffs) as part of a kit now.
    The last few additions are giving major Pack Refresh vibes, If I dare say so.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    @83bienchen I hope you are right!
  • Options
    I don't know what to think about adding the invisible dance floor that was hidden in the Get Together Pack (for the events at the Ruins and Bluffs) as part of a kit now.

Hmmm... I didn't know about that. That's a bit naughty of them then. But I guess at least they added the fog function to it, unless that was already there too?
  • Options
    edited April 19
    There is invisible dance floor in Get Together? is it functional :open_mouth:
    all those build struggles I could have avoided :sweat_smile:
    regardless I'm glad they added one in catalog cause I've been needing it a lot
    and I might have never discovered if there was one in Get Together debug

I do think these items could have easily been update to something though even just base game
    or part of random bigger pack like HSY or something

and the led strip items I wonder if those would have been in scifi kit if that was voted instead of castle
    but its all just speculation and I'm not gonna cry over spilled confetti
  • Options
    edited April 19
    https://youtu.be/BHTIhZXT5nA?si=5RsFG25K5Vmej7NL
    You can see it here starting at 1:20, fog included.
    The object is hidden though, it's not even available in debug - or at least I never found it there.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited April 19
    Challenging myself to use all the croptops in this kit on someone :lol:
    Eva Capricciosa got couple outfits too

m5xCRtf.png
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I made a party while you work tiny house. I wanted to see how the items looked being used in everyday decor. Sorry it's hard to take good pictures in a 2 story 64x64 tile tiny home.

KcXX1wY.png
    RJKjL7M.png

Those mosaic wall decors would look great as kitchen splash backs. Would also make a great wallpaper. I also love the backlit TV.

I think so too. I was going to use the mosaic as splash back but decided to use windows there instead since I had to make the kitchen so small.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,130 Member
    edited April 20
    I've upgraded some of my households with the 80s Urban Kit. They are my Spring Fairy (FYI: Spellcaster) with the obvious new tank top. And my Orora Storm has the cool new white top with the matching tight pants, which was another obvious outfit. I think I'm a little giddy with this cool kit. It's like so awesome! :pB) I've resaved them in the Gallery.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,685 Member
    Thanks for posting pics! I must admit I think the content of the kits look good :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member
    The object is hidden though, it's not even available in debug - or at least I never found it there.

It's not an invisible dancefloor. It's a DJ Booth Particle Generator Upgrade (Handiness LVL 7), which adds fog and lasers! 😎
  • Options
    edited April 21

It's not an invisible dancefloor. It's a DJ Booth Particle Generator Upgrade (Handiness LVL 7), which adds fog and lasers! 😎

I know of that one too, but it's not (just) that, @CAPTAIN_NXR7, even though these updates are in fact used for the events as well.
    You can do the group dances, show off dance moves and dance battle there, which is impossible without a dance floor. You cannot do that on the DJ booth alone, no matter how many times you upgrade the booth.
    There is an invisible dance floor spawning for the 3 Get Together events and they made that buyable with the kit now.
    A clever move indeed considering how many people don't know that it had already been in the game. I remember requesting here on the forums to give us a buyable version of the invisible dance floor after Get Together was released.
    Now I still won't have it in game because of the shopping cart.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I know of that one too, but it's not (just) that, @CAPTAIN_NXR7, even though these updates are in fact used for the events as well.
    You can do the group dances, show off dance moves and dance battle there, which is impossible without a dance floor. You cannot do that on the DJ booth alone, no matter how many times you upgrade the booth.
    There is an invisible dance floor spawning for the 3 Get Together events and they made that buyable with the kit now.
    A clever move indeed considering how many people don't know that it had already been in the game. I remember requesting here on the forums to give us a buyable version of the invisible booth after Get Together was released.

I'm protesting the shopping cart by refusing to use it when I buy DLC. I didn't even open the game to buy the kit.

It might not be that much of a protest of the shopping cart but it's still a protest for me.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,028 Member
    Still just playing around with the Party Essential items.

The invisible dance floor coupled with the minimal "rug" border.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113929&authkey=%21AKq56kTaTMZWZAg&width=1920&height=1080
    Placed a table and chairs in front of the wall panel between floor balloons.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113927&authkey=%21AIpTuqtOMzBZqNE&width=1920&height=1080
    Crisscrossed the ceiling ribbons in the corner above the serving table, also with wall panels.
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113928&authkey=%21AEJpo_LhyQXFeME&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,467 Member

A clever move indeed considering how many people don't know that it had already been in the game. I remember requesting here on the forums to give us a buyable version of the invisible booth after Get Together was released.

Ah, that's peculiar indeed. Sneaky Little Hobbitses! I always believed that the DJ booth sort of functions as a "dancefloor" when there's no dancefloor present. I'm inclined to test it out even if it's only to discover that I was wrong all along. :D
    It would be nice to be able to access this mysterious object via debug...

I'm not in a hurry to buy either of these kits, but they do look like a bit of fun alright. Thanks for sharing screenshots!
    Did anyone combine the confetti canon from Growing Together with the Disco Ball kit items/gameplay? I never used that canon, but it seems like a perfect combination. πŸŽ‰
  • Options
    edited April 21
    Did anyone combine the confetti canon from Growing Together with the Disco Ball kit items/gameplay? I never used that canon, but it seems like a perfect combination. πŸŽ‰
    Yes, you can see it in the pic I posted earlier:
    04-19-24_12-14-10-PM.png?rlkey=99gc6mz1q07pwjtk8shczwtot&st=aesvwgo6&dl=0
    and I placed some of the floor decor confetti from the party pack in front of it as if it's been used and not yet cleaned up.