Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Disappearing Threads"... DO NOT FEAR.

Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
Your thread has not disappeared into the ether.

They have been moved to the The Sims Franchise Discussion/Nominated Threads forum to make it easier for the devs to port the threads over as needed.

This is why our "What happened in your Sims 3 Game Today thread has suddenly disappeared from the Sims 3 section of the forums.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-3-game-today#latest

Just wanted to let you know so that poor @EA_Cade doesn't get bombarded with "Where did my thread go?" messages.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    I wondered why the forum had disappeared from search results. It’s devastating to lose years of advice, friendships and fun.
  • Options
    MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    Your thread has not disappeared into the ether.

They have been moved to the The Sims Franchise Discussion/Nominated Threads forum to make it easier for the devs to port the threads over as needed.

This is why our "What happened in your Sims 3 Game Today thread has suddenly disappeared from the Sims 3 section of the forums.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/808585/what-happened-in-your-sims-3-game-today#latest

Just wanted to let you know so that poor @EA_Cade doesn't get bombarded with "Where did my thread go?" messages.

Thank you for this, I started to freak out.
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,122 Member
    Thank you for sharing this @Nikkei_Simmer :star:<3

@ZeeGee Forgive me for not replying back to you about this. :grimace: I meant to, but life happened as well as wondering what is going to happen on the forums from here on out. <3 So sorry! I'll still send you a proper reply when I am able. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing this @Nikkei_Simmer :star:<3

@ZeeGee Forgive me for not replying back to you about this. :grimace: I meant to, but life happened as well as wondering what is going to happen on the forums from here on out. <3 So sorry! I'll still send you a proper reply when I am able. :kissing_heart:

@emorrill Understand perfectly.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Don't forget the AHQ forums are going to be "home" until they get the new forums running, too. It's just for a while.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    *booting this up to the top of the thread list* so as to not have this disappear
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer !
    I opened the forums to show what a forum is like to some teenagers (in my country, taking part in forums is too old-fashioned and teens have no idea what it's like), and I got lost without the regular posts.
  • Options
    Scrolling up is starting to become a pain so here we are.

A few of the more popular Sims 3 Threads that you STILL might want to post in.

@emorrill's "What Happened in Your Sims 3 Game Today" thread.
    @Pancakesandwich's "Sims 3 Things You Didn't Know" thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917439/sims-3-things-you-didnt-know#latest
    @Pugslover4's "I Still Love Scenery" thread
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802147/i-still-love-scenery#latest

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yep, this sub-section has gotten slow because the threads have been moved, LOL.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer! I'm a bit slow on the update. Are the forums closing down?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    coco wrote: »
    Thanks @Nikkei_Simmer! I'm a bit slow on the update. Are the forums closing down?

@coco, Yeah, we will be losing this site come July and we will be directed to a new site when it opens.

EA_Cade explains why we are changing sites in this thread that he created back in February about what needed to be done before the cut off time of migrating existing thread from this site to the new one. We had a month to nominate threads that we wanted to make the move. Once forum members posted which threads that they wanted to nominate, they were moved out of their respected sections and placed in the Nominated Threads section awaiting for the migration over to the new thread. Now that they have been moved over to the new site, anything that gets posted in them or on the forum will be lost to the abyss once the new site opens up, so it's been advised that if you make any updates on those nominated threads that you might want to keep copies of them on your PC so once the new site opens up, you can add them to the respected threads over there.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012877/an-important-update-on-the-future-of-these-forums/p1
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/nominated-threads

Now some of the forum members have gone over to the AHQ site to start posting stuff over there as well even though none of that will be moved over to the new site.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims/ct-p/the-sims

Hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    Thank you @lisasc360. I'm going to miss this place. I remember migrating here from TS2 BBS back in the day lol. Is there any news about the Store? I just tried to login as I still have some points there, but it keeps redirecting me to the register page.
  • Options
    edited March 30
    coco wrote: »
    Thank you @lisasc360. I'm going to miss this place. I remember migrating here from TS2 BBS back in the day lol. Is there any news about the Store? I just tried to login as I still have some points there, but it keeps redirecting me to the register page.

@coco A lot of us long-timers (I don't know if I can count myself in that since my entrance into the fray was 2017) have essentially exchanged FB (for those have it) so that we can stay in contact. I don't know how many of us will make the migration to the new EA forum, but from what I can tell it's subforums for ALL EA games...insofar as I'm aware. What I'm worried about is seeing trolls from other games such as EA Sports NBA whatever strolling in and making inane comments on our game. If that's the case; BNBR (Be Nice Be Reasonable) is going to have to be ironclad and the mods will need to be quick on the ban-hammer and remove those trolls. But then again, I'm getting old and my patience is wearing thin with people who act like a horse's rear-end.

In actual fact, I have no idea how the new forums are set up, but my gut is that EA is consolidating the forums into one in order to have better control over what happens and network tools at their command.

I just checked the store, I could log in just fine. But unfortunately that information doesn't assist you. Have you tried another browser? I've noticed the store is rather finicky with some browsers.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    @Nikkei_Simmer It feels like the end of an era! Admittedly I've not been too active on here for last few years due to hours at my current job, but it just won't be the same at the new site. I've actually seen you on fb, and if you don't mind I'll send you a request. I managed to login on Edge. I have 5000 points to spend now :open_mouth::sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Of course, I don't mind. :) My Facebook is for my closest friends and considering we've known each other on Sims Forums for quite some time now. I consider you one of them.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    bumpedy bump