Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    I'm looking for baby boomers style hair and clothing cc. While I used to only play and young adult and adult, my expanded cas is only stuff younger people would wear. As for my dad, only dad like hair is too balding and my dad never got bald. But when I search for cc hair and clothing, I dont know what to ask and seems like most cc is to make your sims look cool. I really getting into playing more life stages as the sims are expanding and filly up homes, but when the grandma or great grand parent look and dress the same way, its really taking me out of the storyline narrative. using base game is what I have to do, but nothing is really right. Any leads?

As a Gen-Xer, I can point you in the right direction. (I am in my 50s, born in the 1970s, the actual boomer generation is my mom's and uncle's generation, both born in the 40s after the soldiers came home from the war. Hence the boomer generation...because those soldiers got busy.)

The original Bob Newbie from the Sims Complete Collection had a very boomer hairstyle...not fully bald, but definitely not young looking.
    Those of us from about age 30 to 50 typically wear a lot of suits or business casual clothes for work. And often after work too. Or, when not working, we tend to dress simply and comfortably. Things like polos, khakis, housedresses, sweatpants, and t-shirts. Not so much on the jeans, and definitely not torn jeans. Nothing too short, and no crop tops, except in hot weather. Even in hot weather, bicycle shorts or capris are preferred to short shorts. Ugh, no low rider pants either...ever. For formal occasions, long dresses and jewelry. For parties, think tea parties, dinner parties, and family reunions. Most of us do not pierce anything but our ears either, and we don't usually have more than one or 2 tattoos, usually small ones that can be covered up. Basically, think of outfits your mom would approve of, and there you go.

If you are looking for elder clothing, there are some pre-made outfits that only show up for elders...you can tell these because the model sim has grey hair. I agree...there should be a salt-and-pepper hair color in the game, even if only custom content. Several online clothing catalogs specialize in clothing to wear around the house... some of these are Harriet Carter, Walter Drake, and Miles Kimball. Clothing for heavy-set women (plus sizes) also tends to be more matronly. Henna hair-dying also is an old technique...this is why some older ladies have red hair.

Basically, Google some images of models in your target age range, and you will have some idea what to look for.

I also wish there were more wigs (maybe put this in the hat category) that were available for my Sims.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    LDaemontus wrote: »
    I'd love to know if a mod exists that provides cookable recipes for bagels, toast, jam donuts, you name it, that use the preexisting canning products we got in Cottage Living. I simply want a mod that uses preexisting systems and expands upon it to allow our sims to garnish their meals and spread their jams upon their milk bread.

I know Icemunmun's canning station exists as a mod (so please don't suggest/link it) but it's entirely its own thing that I don't like, that uses a seperate station altogether, that mostly requires completely different mods for recipes that's mostly confined to Patreon paywalls.

I also know that Around the Sims has a toaster mod but again, that's its own standalone appliance that doesn't actually use the canning products.

Happy Hunting!

FYI...many or most of icemunmun's food mods can be found free on Curseforge. Several other creators have mods there too. Another place to check is modthesims.

But if you are looking for animations, generally those are the hardest mods to make: most mods tend to use existing animations.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Horse riding rental, where the owners of the lot with horses get to open business hours where they will pay to ride the horses on trial. While recommended they are top in all areas, the horse skills still increase, while working.

Also horse carriages and police horse in small towns where horses make no sense like Willow's Creek and the City, just for realism and context. If you have have the horse in these worlds it's nice to see them there some how.

Likewise, Horse Carriage rides in all the world parks for a fee. Freelance job as well to make the money riding these carriages.

I could definitely see something like this in Windenburg. I can't picture it in Oasis Springs or a very urban setting like San Myshuno. If you were going to add it to all the parks, you would need to edit the existing lots to add the ride.

Also, it does not seem like most existing worlds can be modified, even by Maxis. Otherwise, surely by now they would've fixed Geekcon so it isn't ruined when it rains. (I ended up adding a basement with an internet cafe to the karaoke bar to save the festival so that the target activities can be completed.) Apparently nobody thought of adding a functional, waterproof, canvas tent. Theoretically it could be placed like a rug, but look like a small roofed structure with a canvas or tarp roof and come with the rug or floor. Also, I googled "Sims 4" "canvas tent" and found zero results.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    I wish there were a mod to make auto-lights ignore ghosts. Why in the world should the lights turn on when a ghost enters the room??
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,748 Member
    I always missed something like a fruit bowl to place on a surface, that you can drag crops from say a sim's inventory to fill. Perhaps a bowl with 5 slots in, most fruits are same size so the clipping would be minimal. Or, it could be an object that change texture depending on how much edibles are added. In the first case a sim could click the fruit to eat like they normally do, in the latter case they click the object and either get a sub menu depending on what fruits are in the bowl, or a random item is moved to the sim's inventory to be eaten from there.

This would be an additional way to use some of our harvests. It would also be a cool feature in a home with kids, ore in a meeting room etc. for snacks.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    feeveefeevee Posts: 257 Member
    Hi!

That’s a little bit crazy, but, what about a shapeshifting spell mod ?

As a spellcaster, you can turn yourself ( or cast to another sim) momentary into another sim, a cat, a dog, a horse (with the controllable pets mod it’s maybe more possible), or into something else working in the game! So you can do mischief or mean on someone else, break his reputation, charm another sim, spy conversations or simply have fun…
    What do you think? It could be a great addition with the spellcasters.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hiya!

Is there a mod that adds the new Home Chef Hustle foods to restaurants?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,854 Member
    Planning for the next pack, no pet rule, there should be an emotional support pet card for exception
  • Options
    T0wnsT0wns Posts: 1 New Member
    I really need a mod that allows children to care for infants and toddlers, much like this one: https://modthesims.info/d/635277/child-can-be-carried-by-adults-and-child-can-care-for-toddlers-mod-in-progress.html
    However, that mod is broken and hasn't been updated in a while, and also doesn't have capabilities to care for infants. I honestly wouldn't care about stretching or anything as long as it worked. Does this exist somewhere I can't find it? If not, how easy would this be to make myself? Got no experience but eager to learn if it means being able to make this mod
  • Options
    Planning for the next pack, no pet rule, there should be an emotional support pet card for exception
    Yes, service animals should be allowed in venues. The service animals would all be wearing the special labeled harness. Most service animals that are not there for emotional support are large dogs, and they have been trained to sit down or lay down when in public and not traveling.

Smaller dogs and cats can not only provide emotional support, but can also detect oncoming seizures. I like the idea of owners of venues being able to offer the option or not to permit support animals. The other question is how these smaller animals would be transported. Would they be carried everywhere by hand? That would not work if the Sim needed to use more than one hand for anything. Would they be carried in a pouch? If sitting, backpacks would not work. Would they be transported in baby strollers and stay there the whole time? Also, what happens if the pet bladder need gets too low?

I haven’t played with all the features of For Rent yet, but for a touch of realism there could be a pet deposit on rentals, a premium added to the damage deposit.

PandoraTO wrote: »
    I wish there were a mod to make auto-lights ignore ghosts. Why in the world should the lights turn on when a ghost enters the room??

Yes, please make a dimmer light mod that turns on the light automatically to dim mode when a ghost enters and can be set to off, low, medium, or bright light. or a programmable color changing light where you select a color from the menu, whether it be white, red, orange, yellow, green, teal, blue, or violet.

• Options
    Lyrie wrote: »
    Hiya!

Is there a mod that adds the new Home Chef Hustle foods to restaurants?

Most official game foods are usually added automatically to custom menu food lists. Modded foods that are added also will show up on this list. You will need to go into your lot settings where you pick the staff uniforms, then select a menu to change, then add and remove entrees and drinks as you wish. I added Plasma Jane and or plasma fruit salad to most of my menus. Batuu food shows up there too.

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,179 Member
    I have found that your mod to make sims sit at weddings actually stops them from doing it now . With your mod installed they stand there and wave their hands about and the thought bubble above their head shows they cannot route to the seat , Without the mod they go and sit in the seats ready to watch the wedding
  • Options
    Does anyone know a mod that stops paparazzi from entering lots like gym, ...
    unfortunately Little miss sam mods no longer work for me. Is there anything else?
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 808 Member
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »

thank you @Caerfinon ! Trying it now!!!! They are overly obnoxious at the gym and you would think the need a membership to get in.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hi. I'm still looking for a mod that lets my Sims play Bocce. I have been for quite a while.
    I do have the one that lets them play Pentanque which uses the horseshoe pit which is fine and I like it, but I was wondering if someone could make a mod for Bocce perhaps by using the bowling alley or maybe the slip and slide with different animations.

Thank you.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,781 Member
    Does anyone know a mod that stops paparazzi from entering lots like gym, ...
    unfortunately Little miss sam mods no longer work for me. Is there anything else?

Try downloading her Mods from Curseforge. They are the latest version. Also, many of her Mods require XML Injector to run properly.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,781 Member
    I'm looking for baby boomers style hair and clothing cc. While I used to only play and young adult and adult, my expanded cas is only stuff younger people would wear. As for my dad, only dad like hair is too balding and my dad never got bald. But when I search for cc hair and clothing, I dont know what to ask and seems like most cc is to make your sims look cool. I really getting into playing more life stages as the sims are expanding and filly up homes, but when the grandma or great grand parent look and dress the same way, its really taking me out of the storyline narrative. using base game is what I have to do, but nothing is really right. Any leads?

As a Gen-Xer, I can point you in the right direction. (I am in my 50s, born in the 1970s, the actual boomer generation is my mom's and uncle's generation, both born in the 40s after the soldiers came home from the war. Hence the boomer generation...because those soldiers got busy.)

The original Bob Newbie from the Sims Complete Collection had a very boomer hairstyle...not fully bald, but definitely not young looking.
    Those of us from about age 30 to 50 typically wear a lot of suits or business casual clothes for work. And often after work too. Or, when not working, we tend to dress simply and comfortably. Things like polos, khakis, housedresses, sweatpants, and t-shirts. Not so much on the jeans, and definitely not torn jeans. Nothing too short, and no crop tops, except in hot weather. Even in hot weather, bicycle shorts or capris are preferred to short shorts. Ugh, no low rider pants either...ever. For formal occasions, long dresses and jewelry. For parties, think tea parties, dinner parties, and family reunions. Most of us do not pierce anything but our ears either, and we don't usually have more than one or 2 tattoos, usually small ones that can be covered up. Basically, think of outfits your mom would approve of, and there you go.

If you are looking for elder clothing, there are some pre-made outfits that only show up for elders...you can tell these because the model sim has grey hair. I agree...there should be a salt-and-pepper hair color in the game, even if only custom content. Several online clothing catalogs specialize in clothing to wear around the house... some of these are Harriet Carter, Walter Drake, and Miles Kimball. Clothing for heavy-set women (plus sizes) also tends to be more matronly. Henna hair-dying also is an old technique...this is why some older ladies have red hair.

Basically, Google some images of models in your target age range, and you will have some idea what to look for.

I also wish there were more wigs (maybe put this in the hat category) that were available for my Sims.

I love Miss Ruby Bird's Granny Packs

Functional canes

I like this vest for Grandpa with a collared shirt

More vests recolor for Grandpa requires Cats and Dogs to work; Grandma

Cute clothes for Grandma and Grandpa

I like xld's hair, they are short and some have a bit of a receding hairline look without being bald.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Hi. I was wondering if there was a mod for letting an adult sim teach a child or teen sims how to shave I just think it would be a neat interaction to see. And maybe child sims could play shave with a toy shave kit too. Maybe with a moodlet, "Learned to Shave"
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    KuziyaKuziya Posts: 15 Member
    Hi I was wondering if someone could make a mod where the mod seeks out a sim and maybe clicks on them. If not at least seeks them out and put the mouse on them. I'm completely blind and it's really hard to find the sim I'm looking for especially infants and toddlers. Hopefully someone could do that but if not thank you for reading this.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Kuziya wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if someone could make a mod where the mod seeks out a sim and maybe clicks on them. If not at least seeks them out and put the mouse on them. I'm completely blind and it's really hard to find the sim I'm looking for especially infants and toddlers. Hopefully someone could do that but if not thank you for reading this.

Hi @Kuziya . You might want to post at EA AHQ Feedback and Idas about this as an accessibility request. Here's a link to that forum at AHQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Feedback-Ideas/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-suggestions-en. Your login there is the same as for the EA App or Origin.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 24
    Hair like this:

6sfdHpV.jpeg
    IIBHNsu.jpeg

Also is there a mod that lets you link and unlink features between forms for aliens like you can for vampires and werewolves? I know MCCC has a function that lets you copy stuff, but swapping back and forth and individually copying and pasting face, body, and each makeup and outfit combination is annoying and tedious so it would be great to be able to just link them like other occults. It's the only thing that makes me hesitate to make aliens.

Also anthros and beings like harpies/avian syrens. I'm sure I could find bird legs but I wanna be able to put pants over them which may be harder to find. Wings shouldn't be too hard to find, though.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Hello, I am looking for a mod or modded objects that allows infants, toddlers Children, teens, and adults to use toy/play items that normally may have an age restriction. I would love to see more playing-together options. I recently came across the Toddlers, Teens and Adults Can Play on Playgrounds mod. I love it and want more mods/modded items like this. I would love it if someone could create a mod of the BamCo's All-inclusive Toddlers Jungle Gym which would allow at least children to play with the toddlers too. Though having a jungle gym that allows all ages to interact with the objects would be awesome.

1n8c0t1lvif0.png
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AliasterOdeoAliasterOdeo Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 11
    I'd love a mod to disable For Rent's random "ghost emergency event". Or better yet, just get rid of ghosts entirely.
    Honestly, all supernatural content should be optional (by category).

I really dislike having ghosts in the game. So far I managed to avoid them with the help of MCCC and preemptively deactivating urns - But this pack just pulls them out of thin air, and it is not fun. There are no urns, no one died, and as far as I know, no way to prevent it except for disabling all events entirely... ☹️
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,437 Member
    edited March 20
    Is there a mod that fixes the posture of elders to be the same as adults?
    Post edited by Monet11 on