Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you/did you still buy Crystal Creations? 🛒💢

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 11
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed I learned nothing from getting For Rent early and it having such serious bugs. I did a repeat with Crystal Creations because I thought "it's a simple stuff pack, what could go wrong". I was lucky enough to not have the cart button, but then there's the distortion bug and the moodlet bug... Upsetting :(
    Rofl, I did the same thing, but I’m not sorry this time as they rolled out the emergency patches quite quickly. I really wasn’t expecting such a bad bug as distortion with sims though. Now that that is fixed! I love the idea of the pack, but haven’t gotten in to really play since I down loaded it, looking at the pictures, the jewelry, build/By, and CAS are all nice.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I haven't bought it yet, nor have I updated. I'm just feeling a little wary about risking permanent damage to my save, as I've been playing it for several years. I might end up waiting for the next patch to see what happens, but I'm not sure yet. When I feel a little more confident that the patches won't bring the Apocalypse, I'll forge ahead. I also want to see what happens with cart-gate, and if that unnecessary icon is going to remain in the game or not. If it is, I'll probably mod it out so it's not in the way.

In the meantime, I still have plenty of content to explore and I'm thinking I need to refresh my save soon, (move lots and Sims to a brand new, renovated save file) which is a HUGE endeavor. I have over 200 Sims and have changed so much in my game in most of the worlds that it's quite a time-consuming process. But the game tends to run smoother when I do that, and it gives me a chance to reassess my neighborhood themes and lot choices and find new lots on the gallery, which is fun. (Except that my 9 years of gallery favorites don't show up anymore, only the recent ones. :s )

So, yeah, I'll get the new pack one day, but I've got plenty to keep me busy.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Still waiting on the cart being removed. The remaining bugs don't seem critical but would like them gone. EA just does not pass muster quality wise.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited March 16
    Just got it!
    (And Backyard Stuff)

edit: I did NOT use the shopping cart button to get it!
    Post edited by mightysprite on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I own it. B)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited March 16
    I'm so disappointed I learned nothing from getting For Rent early and it having such serious bugs. I did a repeat with Crystal Creations because I thought "it's a simple stuff pack, what could go wrong". I was lucky enough to not have the cart button, but then there's the distortion bug and the moodlet bug... Upsetting :(

I played but one Real Life afternoon in my save shortly before the moodlet buff bug was reported in order to update my mods and now my one and only main save that I have been playing since like forever is broken beyond repair. Several Sims are seriously glitchy and cannot do random things others can like eating and doing homework at times, they play weird animations sometimes after aging up from the age span they were in when the bug was still present. There are some glitchy Sims in almost every household as I did a lot of testing on that one afternoon.
    My save is ruined. My latest backup is from before For Rent came out. I cannot see myself going back to that and it probably wouldn't even help as the game is still buggy in so many ways.
    I have tried to distract myself from the issue by sticking to the shopping fart thread, but for the first time since forever, I do no longer know why I should play this game. It is no longer providing a welcome relaxing hobby after my stressful job. It is just heartache and betrayal now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    @83bienchen So sorry that this has happened in your game. I have had similar occurrences over the years in games I've played. It felt like a real grief loss to me. In each case I took a little time to do something else. Some games I came back to, some I didn't.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

I played but one Real Life afternoon in my save shortly before the moodlet buff bug was reported in order to update my mods and now my one and only main save that I have been playing since like forever is broken beyond repair. Several Sims are seriously glitchy and cannot do random things others can like eating and doing homework at times, they play weird animations sometimes after aging up from the age span they were in when the bug was still present. There are some glitchy Sims in almost every household as I did a lot of testing on that one afternoon.
    My save is ruined. My latest backup is from before For Rent came out. I cannot see myself going back to that and it probably wouldn't even help as the game is still buggy in so many ways.
    I have tried to distract myself from the issue by sticking to the shopping fart thread, but for the first time since forever, I do no longer know why I should play this game. It is no longer providing a welcome relaxing hobby after my stressful job. It is just heartache and betrayal now.

I am so sorry for you. Loosing a save you played for years is awful. The moodlet bug was a nasty one. It wasn't immediately visible and by the time the information was out, it had time to ruin saves.

Maybe you can see this as a chance for a new start. A new beginning can be refreshing Maybe you could recover some sims or buildings from your old save and place them in a new one. In any case I hope you can find a way to enjoy the game again. There is little point in playing if it only gives you heartache.
  • Options
    So far, I have only downloaded a gemstone/jewelry lot, and did some minor arrangements. And, I also made one of my townies I plan to play, a family. I have not actually played the pack yet, But I plan to since I heard the distortion bug in wearing the jewelry was fixed. I did hear there is distortion now with the hair modifier from get famous. I’m hoping they fix that soon, as I won’t play any actors/actresses till the fix it. Sounds like a pretty big bug.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Very sorry that happened to you, not only the loss of your save but the messed-up game on top of it. Would it be possible to move your stuff into a safe place, uninstall the game, reinstall, and limit the updates to before the wrecking one?
  • Options
    Oh that's awful @83bienchen I don't blame you for being so upset!
    That moodlet bug was a very destructive one and it sounds like even now that it is fixed it doesn't retroactively fix affected sims :(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Oh that's awful @83bienchen I don't blame you for being so upset!
    That moodlet bug was a very destructive one and it sounds like even now that it is fixed it doesn't retroactively fix affected sims :(

Uhm... I'm starting to freak out... maybe. I thought the moodlet bug was just those swinging mood things not showing up as expected, but they are temporary so I thought it would be no big deal. I rarely pay much attention to their moods anyway. So, is my 10 years save at risk, too? What should I notice if that bug messed with my save? It feels extra bad not even knowing what to look for.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

@83bienchen did the moodlet problem hapoen before the last emergency fix they did or after? I’m curious if they really fixed the moodlets. I’m still a bit afraid to play the people in my main save, I have only been making a family and downloading a gem/jewelry store. Was wondering if it is safe to play my sims currently. My rotational save is very old too, and I don’t use mods..
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Bought it and have been playing it almost non-stop! I can't get enough!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

@83bienchen did the moodlet problem hapoen before the last emergency fix they did or after? I’m curious if they really fixed the moodlets. I’m still a bit afraid to play the people in my main save, I have only been making a family and downloading a gem/jewelry store. Was wondering if it is safe to play my sims currently. My rotational save is very old too, and I don’t use mods..

It happened before the fix. The bug is fixed by now.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    edited March 19
    When the pack came out I was away on vacation, so I kinda forgot about it. I just "returned" to the game yesterday (I always have this "play" >> "pause" cycle with Sims). It's not really my cup of tea, for now I'll wait.
    I may buy it at some point, but its not something that I'm really interested in at the moment.
    I'm not bothered by the cart button. It is the least of my worries in life.
    I mean, I also play WoW and over there the "shop" button got added like 15 years ago, so I'm quite used to that stuff by now (the WoW one is way more discrete though).
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    Hi @Simmerville @SheriSim57 here is modder Lumpinou's sum-up from the bug thread
    Conclusions from the discussions of the Modding Community (in this case involving mostly Lot51, adeepindigo, myself and MizoreYukii):
    This is a patch issue and not a mod issue.
    It affects all "temporary commodity" buffs, EA's and mods'.

It is not only a cosmetic problem (moodlets disappearing upon reload), it is also a GAMEPLAY problem.
    Indeed, _loot_on_removal of buffs DO NOT run due to this, if a player saved and exited before buff expiration.
    This means that various processes will never happen properly if a user leaves the game before the moodlet / buff runs out of time.

There are over 500 EA moodlets which are temporary commodities AND use _loot_on_removal.
    Some are very short, BUT a significant amount of those have durations between 120 and 10000 sim minutes. This makes it easy for a player to save and exit before the buffs are gone and therefore have gameplay issues / things not firing.
    Here are examples of things that can break therefore (I'm not going to list 500 buffs, just a few to give a sense of the problem).
    If player saves and exits during these, their stuff won't work:
    - Investments from the business career: their results appear as a loot on removal on temporary commodity buffs that last 2880 sim minutes (two days). This will be broken.
    - Grounded sims will be stuck with grounding-related elements if the player saves and exits during the buff_Grounded_Controllers_xx buffs (1440 sim hours / 1 sim day)
    - buff_Fear_BeingJudged_Tracker lasts for 2160 sim hours (close to 2 days) and then removes the tracker bit of the fear. This will be broken and never removed
    - buff_FoodPoisoning_Recovery normally lets sims know they're recovering by triggering another moodlet. This will be broken.
    - buff_Fear_Ghosts_Effects_GhostProximity will actually not have a chance to load its effect
    - buff_OwnableBusiness_Employee_Quit_Cooldown lasts 10080 sim minutes (many sim days) and removes a trait at the end, which will not be removed with this bug.
    Like said, there are over 500 of them, so it's not just this.

Needless to say, this is also a problem for mod stuff, but this is not really relevant to the scope of EA bug fixing threads.

It would have affected sims played while the bug was going on - from the Crystal Creations patch to the fix patch. (March 3 to March 7?) Those sims could still have broken stuff going on.
    I got lucky and nothing broke with mine. I think.

It will not newly affect any sims being played after the fix, nor affect any additional moodlets/buffs/temporary commodities on sims who were affected already.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Moodlets-disappear-from-sims-upon-loading-a-save/td-p/13533516

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 19
    I voted NO!! and glad I haven't purchased "For Rent" either. And so it will be. Saved me a lot of stess for what I read. So sorry for everyone who experienced all those terrible bugs with the latest packs. It's not like we haven't had enough of those OLD ones already. We sure don't need any more! What we get these days has nothing more to do with the good, old sims franchise. No more packs "shopping" on my end for this bugged game. Unless EA/Maxis get their act together.
    A special thanks to ALL modders out there who do their best to make the game even half way playable for us.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I am so sorry for you. Loosing a save you played for years is awful. The moodlet bug was a nasty one. It wasn't immediately visible and by the time the information was out, it had time to ruin saves.

Maybe you can see this as a chance for a new start. A new beginning can be refreshing Maybe you could recover some sims or buildings from your old save and place them in a new one. In any case I hope you can find a way to enjoy the game again. There is little point in playing if it only gives you heartache.

I had one major bug with the Crystal Castle pack but I fixed it- It was in relations to the passionate jewelry mod as she was the only one who recieved the gift. I could not load into the lot and exhaustive work around I found she lost all her vector information. I fixed it by going to a save before I used the passionate jewelry mod and uploading her to my gallery and replacing her in the family and using mc command center to rekindle all her relationships. Can also just go into cas from the map and replace with the game loaded with whatever cc you think was it removed and it will say " some objects could not be loaded" meaning it's taken off the sim. House loads in two minutes and she's no longer invisible.

Other than that, I really have not experienced any major bugs with it other than the retail store not working from the consumers end. There is one glitch that happens every once in a while it appears if I hand drag crafter jewelry into my inventory, instead of click "put in inventory" Sometimes if the drag is not perfect slips out of the virtual hand and is lost forever.

Aside from that I have endless making jewelry with this new pack and really hope them make more packs like this so we can create our unique hairstyles, and clothes and more.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Thanks @mightysprite . I don't recall whether I played during those days, but if I did I probably only played one single household, and if I get this right, only sims in that household should be affected. I won't find out until 2026 or thereabout... Anyway, if one household is corrupted, I can live with making up a story about them leaving the nation in a hurry.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 19
    I like the idea of crystal collecting. Selling gems/jewellery at a display table is cool. I would have preferred jewellery shops similar to Dine Out. Perhaps a way to bring back burglars rather than homes, they rob shops. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

I really don’t like the emotional buffs though, we have enough of those. 😵‍💫. There’s umpteen ways to cheat to boost a good mood. So ultimately it’s a no from me.

I think this would have been better as part of a larger hobby pack.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    edited March 19
    @83bienchen and @mightysprite Thank you both for the input to my question. I don’t think I played with sims during that time. At least I’m hoping I didn’t I have been trying to wait before playing after getting a new pack and after a patch for awhile now, because of possible game breaking problems. I really appreciate those who test out the game after and let us know when something is broken.

Also I keep hearing about some lot that is broken in the game. Is that the lot 51 that was being talked about? And if so what world and original lot name does that go by so I don’t fool around with it?
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Luckely I decided to replay the addon release cicle a few weeks ago for the collections and locked items, so I can wait with my decision to buy or not to buy this pack. Well it's a new expierence for me, since I didn't play this game the first three years after the release anyway. Originally I want to buy the stuff pack later, but now I would say it's complicated. The amount of bugs in this tiny stuff packs and the shopping cart itself issue doesn't make looking forward to this pack.

I find it really disrespectful and insulting towards us loyal playerbase that they still haven't made a statement regarding the future about the shopping cart and why they have placed that on such prominent spot. They obviously hope they can get away with that and the playerbase will somehow get used to it. Whoever, obviously not a one with knowledge about the sims playerbase, has made that decision, has make a mistake and should better reconsider it and throw this cart into the dumpster. The sooner the better.
  • Options
    Daravi wrote: »
    Luckely I decided to replay the addon release cicle a few weeks ago for the collections and locked items, so I can wait with my decision to buy or not to buy this pack. Well it's a new expierence for me, since I didn't play this game the first three years after the release anyway. Originally I want to buy the stuff pack later, but now I would say it's complicated. The amount of bugs in this tiny stuff packs and the shopping cart itself issue doesn't make looking forward to this pack.

I find it really disrespectful and insulting towards us loyal playerbase that they still haven't made a statement regarding the future about the shopping cart and why they have placed that on such prominent spot. They obviously hope they can get away with that and the playerbase will somehow get used to it. Whoever, obviously not a one with knowledge about the sims playerbase, has made that decision, has make a mistake and should better reconsider it and throw this cart into the dumpster. The sooner the better.

It’s just advertising, and many new players that got the basegame free may not be aware of the additional packs. If they can make money to keep the game going, it doesn’t bother me.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    MomsBusy wrote: »
    I really want to buy this pack. Can anyone who has purchased confirm the bugs are worked out?

I just bought it and the only thing I've noticed is the shopping cart on the upper right of the screen isn't flashing. I really haven't played it much, so that is all I have to offer.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/