Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In-Game Pulsating Popup Packs Ad: Community Reacts

Comments

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,149 Member
    edited March 13
    😂 stinkend! Shopping farts! 😂

Edit: in the real world...some people do shopping farts. That's why I don't walk to close to folks in the grocery store :|
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,478 Member
    edited March 13
    MiataPlay wrote: »

Edit: in the real world...some people do shopping farts. That's why I don't walk to close to folks in the grocery store :|

Edit: This is true. It’s the reason I always do my shopping during the Sensory Friendly Shopping hours, first thing in the morning.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,982 Member

Edit: This is true. It’s the reason I always do my shopping during the Sensory Friendly Shopping hours, first thing in the morning.

It is good to keep to social distancing guidelines while shopping you never know when someone runs right in front of you with their shopping fart
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Morning shopping is wise! I prefer that time too(I can fart to my hearts delight! Jk)
    It's always smart to avoid the fart especially when you're pushing a cart!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited March 13
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    You guys are killing me over here 😂

Sorry for the collateral damage. I was hoping EA had coded in death by laughter for shopping farts.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, that feature might just not work because it's buggy.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited March 13
    Are we really having this conversation?

Aye. Indeed we are.

Morning shopping is wise! I prefer that time too(I can fart to my hearts delight! Jk)
    It's always smart to avoid the fart especially when you're pushing a cart!

Thank you for presenting us with yet another perfect (and rather poetic) analogy @MiataPlay. And this is why hyper sensitive people can’t have nice things. 😆

Alas, now that I’ve learned the truth, I believe I will no longer benefit from doing my groceries during Sensory Friendly Hour. ( There's a reason it’s NOT called Fart To Your Heart's Delight Hour, folks!!! ) please have mercy on my poor olfactory sensory neurons. And eyes. I’ve been gifted with the ability to spot the most obscure noxious clouds from miles away and I’m telling you, it’s getting way too colourful for me at this point.

Dear EA, watch and learn. We’ve smelled enough. 🛒💨

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,992 Member
    Are we really it’s getting way too colourful for me at this point.

If it's pink, it cannot be bad o:)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    I had to step in it! :p
  • Options
    Are we really it’s getting way too colourful for me at this point.

If it's pink, it cannot be bad o:)

Pretty sure that is fairy propaganda 🧚‍♀️
    please do not walk into the pink gas
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Maybe they'll update the flashing light on the cart to a pink fairy fart to please their customers and show us how much they appreciate our feedback.
    They might even add rainbow colored unicorn shopping cart farts at some point to make up for the poor excuse of a unicorn horn that came with Horse Ranch.
    Anyone here with an idea of what a penguin or whale fart might look like?
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    When I read about this cart in the patch notes, my cynical conspiracy theory brain immediately thought "Yeah, this is a test alright" ...... like you know how you dip your toes/foot into the pool and you just keep doing a little more until you get used to it.

Well, we all know that Rene (or whatever it's going to be called) will be FTP from the very beginning. But I would imagine there's going to be some type of monetary transaction something-something available in the game.

So my theory is that they've added this to TS4, not so much expecting players to actually buy stuff from it ....but more of way for players to get used to it being in your face while playing so that they're not shocked and outraged when a similar monetary transaction icon button is part of the game's UI for Rene.

Now, having it blink, pulse, dance, etc .... most definitely should have been thought out better. There are people, like my daughter, who has had many seizures from video games that had flashing lights. So for the team to put that in the game the way it was originally, is extremely irresponsible and I'm really glad that people brought it to the attention and described what it was doing before I ever updated. Because I'd have been one ticked off mamma, if I had updated and the flashing light caused a health issue for my little chick!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Maybe they'll update the flashing light on the cart to a pink fairy fart to please their customers and show us how much they appreciate our feedback.
    They might even add rainbow colored unicorn shopping cart farts at some point to make up for the poor excuse of a unicorn horn that came with Horse Ranch.

Good heavens, a whale fart! That would most likely be a really big bubble. :o
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited March 15
    As long as big corporations have the same rights as flesh and soul, they will abuse human rights and fart on their loyal shoppers to gain more capital. It's our job to stop spending as consumers when we are tired of receiving poorly made products that waist our money and harm us. It's up to you to decide if your money is worth sub-par products. As loyal consumers, we are always in control.

Edit: consumers = loyal fan base or customer.
  • Options
    edited March 15
    LiELF wrote: »

Or splashing water effect all over the screen so you cannot see what you are simming with :lol:
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,992 Member

Yes, that. But the penguin fart will be more like lil cute ice cubes. Light blue :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

So fart I haven’t been lucky enough to see the fart of penguin nor whale, but I know what some of them are called depending on type of flatus.

For example, here are several names for the farts produced by Penguins that live on Antarctica:

1. Icebreaker.
    2. AntFartic Mist.
    3. Antarctic Fart.
    4. Emperor’s Tear Gas.

As for whales, again, what kinda whales are we talking about?

Blue whales? Well at least we know the color of their farts.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 whales uhm…OK, so Killer Whales obviously produces Killer Farts.
    We also have Moby Stinks, Narfarts, Baluga Rippers, Humpback Whirlpools and Strap-Toothed Whale Toots, to name but a few.

They ( the farts) can take on several shapes and forms, and some of these gas bubbles look exactly like the whale that produced them.

It’s all rather fascinating really.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Well, I can tell you that I, for one, would not want to be floating around in THAT tide when the monsoon hits, no matter what kind of whale "passed" by.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,220 Member
    I think the cart is disrespectful.We already options to pay.We don't needs ads to our game to convince us to buy more stuff.
  • Options
    Well, I can tell you that I, for one, would not want to be floating around in THAT tide when the monsoon hits, no matter what kind of whale "passed" by.

That’s fair enough.
    I’m in two minds about it. On the one hand there’s no way I’d want to find myself submerged by such a flood, on the other hand…I’d do almost anything for science…
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,648 Member
    there is also the main menu refresh mod by simmatically if you dont want to see ads on main page https://www.patreon.com/posts/refreshed-main-0-98048546?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_content=join_link
    I added it to mine and i really love how it looks
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 459 Member
    No word yet about them maybe going to do something about it in the next update, any official statement to admit their mistake or anything like that?

I'm curious to see if they will try to fix this or plan to double down which might be the death of the franchise.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 444 Member
    I really don't expect them to remove the cart. I think it's only a matter of time before they deploy it universally. They're probably just waiting for the controversy to die down.

I was forced to update because of the recent Origin outage, but I didn't even check to see whether I was part of the "test." I immediately updated my BBB mod at the same time, which gets rid of the cart.

Instead of buying any more packs in the foreseeable future, I'll be trying out new mods to make the game what it always should have been. I saw a mod the other day that frees cows and llamas from their little sheds so they can actually walk all around a lot! Can't wait to try that one. I just need to finish this 100 Baby Challenge first...
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I didn't want to comment until I was able to sit down with the Sims again, but I hate it even worse than I thought I would. I'm always clicking that stupid thing instead of the Gallery. 4-ish years of muscle memory, and then they add this thing to screw everything up.

REMOVE IT, NOW!!!
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    I really don't expect them to remove the cart. I think it's only a matter of time before they deploy it universally. They're probably just waiting for the controversy to die down.

It's a shame, but I think so, too.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 459 Member
    Well, if they keep that cart button and plan to do that with the next game too, they probably could not give the upcoming competitors a greater gift.

Will just inspire more competitors to be made too, they ought to step up their game if they don't want the Sims to be buried by the competition in the next five years.

The Sims 4 already had a horrible launch, a lot has been improved since then but that and current business practices do not really give much hope for the next Sims game to have a better launch.