Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In-Game Pulsating Popup Packs Ad: Community Reacts

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Maybe penguins eat them like snacks. Or play keep-away with them. How cute would that be?
    @LiELF Adding animated penguins to the Sims 4 would be a way cooler feature than a shopping cart.

@Eleri Yes! We really could use some penguins. They existed in Sims 2!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Great analogy @Simalleyaile!

Now now EA, Don’t be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart!

Now, might I borrow that caption for my signature, @CAPTAIN_NXR7?
    It's just too good and I'm done with thanking EA for infants when they put that cart right in my face.

I fear that the shopping cart discussion is now burried under the serious bugs discussion and they except people to simply forget about it while being grateful for some quick fixes for bugs that should never ever made it into a released pack at all.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    @83bienchen I fear the same thing. The current sale is doubtless a way of testing how many use the button, and seeing if it makes a difference, while hoping we get used to it and stop complaining. I've modded it out, and I'm still going to keep complaining until someone tells me it's gone. There are only three packs I don't have at this stage - spooky, home chef hustle and crystal creations. I might have picked spooky up on this sale normally, but not now.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Now now EA, Don’t be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart!

It's just too good and I'm done with thanking EA for infants when they put that cart right in my face.

I fear that the shopping cart discussion is now burried under the serious bugs discussion and they except people to simply forget about it while being grateful for some quick fixes for bugs that should never ever made it into a released pack at all.

@83bienchen you’re welcome to put any of my “words of wisdom” in your signature! 😅

I fear the same thing.

Although I didn’t expect EA/ Maxis to address the shopping cart controversy in the latest Double E - patch notes since CartyMcFarty is no longer considered a bug, it certainly worries me that there still has been no mention of this immersion breaking feature at all. After ALL that feedback on AHQ and here. No acknowledgement from the “higher ups”. How much more feedback do you need, seriously lads?! Say something!!

I am also afraid that the number of FTP - kids buying all these packs on sale at this very moment might be far greater than the amount of hard-core / loyal simmers that have been complaining about the button for almost two weeks now, which means that the cart will most likely stay and mods will be our only option. Again, this kind of scenario would be unacceptable, considering not all of us are mod lovers or have access to mods.

Unlike the aforementioned penguins and ice cubes, the dancing s-cart has absolutely no place in- game. If it’s so important to the NON-players out there, at least provide us with a toggle like the one for the help centre button. Easy peasy. But no, apparently it’s much easier to be absolute villains about it.

Yarghs, we just sound like broken records at this point. This point. This point.

Not only do I want penguins, I want polar bears too. Huge, big pawed, ROARING polar bears.

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

@83bienchen you’re welcome to put any of my “words of wisdom” in your signature! 😅

I fear the same thing.

Although I didn’t expect EA/ Maxis to address the shopping cart controversy in the latest Double E - patch notes since CartyMcFarty is no longer considered a bug, it certainly worries me that there still has been no mention of this immersion breaking feature at all. After ALL that feedback on AHQ and here. No acknowledgement from the “higher ups”. How much more feedback do you need, seriously lads?! Say something!!

I am also afraid that the number of FTP - kids buying all these packs on sale at this very moment might be far greater than the amount of hard-core / loyal simmers that have been complaining about the button for almost two weeks now, which means that the cart will most likely stay and mods will be our only option. Again, this kind of scenario would be unacceptable, considering not all of us are mod lovers or have access to mods.

Unlike the aforementioned penguins and ice cubes, the dancing s-cart has absolutely no place in- game. If it’s so important to the NON-players out there, at least provide us with a toggle like the one for the help centre button. Easy peasy. But no, apparently it’s much easier to be absolute villains about it.

Yarghs, we just sound like broken records at this point. This point. This point.

Not only do I want penguins, I want polar bears too. Huge, big pawed, ROARING polar bears.

"Real" bears should have been in Outdoor Retreat. The bear costumes are so weird. I wish they'd do an update and surprise us with some actual animals in the forest. And Snowy Escape could get those polar bears and penguins too. Even if they just made an appearance now and then during a blizzard, the way penguins did in the winter in Sims 2, I think it would be a fun touch.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    You're all speaking truth. Thanks for continuing to be a voice for the rest of us.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    So, to sum up... we still want the shopping cart gone and we want real bears and penguins added to the game.

@EA_Cade, we're counting on you to make these things happen. :)
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 9
    Hmm? is it just me or did they remove the special edition upgrade thing that comes with clown costumes tiki bar and whatnot? :< No buying those anymore?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I don't have the shopping cart (thank goodness). I'm still infuriated that it exists at all and will continue to be until it is gone for everyone. But I did recently get an in-game ad pop-up for the latest sale. It was the day that the sale began. I opened the EA app, opened my game and was in build mode when a small window popped up in the lower right corner of my game's screen. It was advertising the sale! It had an 'x' in the corner, which I clicked to close it after regaining my composure. Clicking didn't seem to do anything but it did go away on its own after a few seconds. Has anyone else experienced this? I was NOT happy about it!
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I don't have the shopping cart (thank goodness). I'm still infuriated that it exists at all and will continue to be until it is gone for everyone. But I did recently get an in-game ad pop-up for the latest sale. It was the day that the sale began. I opened the EA app, opened my game and was in build mode when a small window popped up in the lower right corner of my game's screen. It was advertising the sale! It had an 'x' in the corner, which I clicked to close it after regaining my composure. Clicking didn't seem to do anything but it did go away on its own after a few seconds. Has anyone else experienced this? I was NOT happy about it!

An in-game pop-up ad for the current sale in build mode? I really hope this isn’t a thing. I too would like to know if anyone else has experienced it. This sounds even worse than the cart button.
  • Options
    Thanks for your permission, @CAPTAIN_NXR7.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited March 9

An in-game pop-up ad for the current sale in build mode? I really hope this isn’t a thing. I too would like to know if anyone else has experienced it. This sounds even worse than the cart button.

I got that also. It wasn't in game. It was from the EA App.

Edit to add: I was able to click it away.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

OK, I don’t mind that if it’s not in game. That kind of thing seems fair enough to me in the app.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member

OK, I don’t mind that if it’s not in game. That kind of thing seems fair enough to me in the app.

It may have been from the EA app but it was on top of my game which was full screen so just as annoying as if it came from the game.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I updated today and got the button. Then I decided to buy Growing Together, but I used the app rather than the button.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Good @Mariefoxprice83. Never use the horrible thing, every click is no doubt monitored and seen as a win.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    Good @Mariefoxprice83. Never use the horrible thing, every click is no doubt monitored and seen as a win.

That's why I chose not to use it. I was also dubious about buying the pack via a method I wasn't familiar with.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I updated today and got the button. Then I decided to buy Growing Together, but I used the app rather than the button.

In some ways, I think this may be a more effective protest than not buying anything at all. It would probably take a huge drop off in sales to make an impact on EA's perception... but showing that a people simply don't use the in-game cart might demonstrate to the "testers" that it isn't worth having.
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    I finally updated my game and for my annoyance, yes the cart button is there.

I don't find it needed in any ways. If I want to buy a pack, I know where to get them. I'm already annoyed by the starting screen and the pop ups when launching my game (I finally was able to update 'cause some of the bugs I tried to avoid were fixed and could finally download Horse Ranch pack that I bought in the beginning of January. And the first thing I see launching my game is a pop up ad telling me "Do you remember this!" and advertaising Horse Ranch pack that I just downloaded and installed like 5 minutes ago. *Facepalm*). I don't need any more ads, thank you.

In addition to finding it utterly useless I also find it distracting. 1) becsuse it exists there, takes space from UI and is placed so that it is prone to be missclicked (well I guess you wish it)... Nice distraction to your gaming flow... or not.
    2) because there is a yellow blinking light on it. Not distracting or annoying at all. Well, I'm not going to click it, blink away button, blink away.

If you really want to ensure your players get smooth and enjoyable playing experience, this is not it. Please remove the button all together, faster the better. Thank you.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Tic. 🕰️ Toc. 🕰️ Tic. 🕰️ Toc.

*Ahem…

Any news regarding our “friend” Party Hardy Shopping McCarty?

Yes / No?

Any update on real bears and penguins then? 😇
  • Options
    *crickets chirping*

*tumbleweed rolls by*
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    The more I think about it, the worse it honestly just gets.

I mean, they choose to put time and resources into putting this shopping cart in the game while you already pass the chance to buy stuff TWICE before getting to that point, instead of putting that effort into fixing the many broken features of various packs.

It is so revealing about where their priorities are.
  • Options
    JAL wrote: »
    *crickets chirping*

*tumbleweed rolls by*

I'm shocked we haven't heard anything. Shocked. It's just so shocking. :D
  • Options
    Our lovely lavender baths are getting quite cold by now while being stinkend up by unlovely shopping farts.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    You guys are killing me over here 😂
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO