Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy 24th Birthday to the Sims Franchise!

Β«13

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 633 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims! Thanks for all the fun over the years! πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸ₯‚
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐢Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, πŸ˜‘Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: πŸ€·πŸ»πŸ• Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | πŸ–ΌοΈ Film Noir Wall Decorations | πŸ‘©πŸŽ¨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Happy Birthday! Thanks for 24 years of fun!

CyNeQZ7.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    That is the best, I don't let people get to me anymore on these things I've had things I've disliked and loved about the sims forever, through bad updates (game breaking or otherwise), bad computers not meant for any of the games, and my "favorite"...the game being fine but user error(not checking bad mods, shame shame) and so far there is still only one way I'd really give it up completely.

Happy birthday sims.
    5bhljb3iq7d0.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Happy Birthday to my favorite video game The Sims!! can't believe it's been 24 years since the first time I played with it! my escape, my freedom, my childhood memories... only good memories!! :)<3

Sim-Memories1024x768.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Happy Birthday, Sims!
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I hope this "more" consists of the whole franchise, as it's the birthday of the franchise. (or just TS1???)
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    *Walks around doing chest shimmy*
    Uh how long are we supposed to shake the udders? don't tell me for next 24 years
    I simply cannot shimmy for that long
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I am interested in the "and more" part of the celebrations. Maybe it's an SDX drop. Happy Birthday Sims! :)
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 274 Member
    edited February 4
    Happy Birthday Sims, Ill always remember being a little kid using the heart bed with the vibrating machine on it :D LOL love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 πŸŽ‚
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims!!! B)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited February 4
    Happy Birthday to You! 🎢🎢🎢 πŸŽ‚

bndZqB9.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Wow, this makes me feel really old :D

When I realise both of my kids were born before the Sims. And I remember shopping in good ol' Woolworths for Sims 2 expansion packs when they were little and used to play too.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    Happy birthday Sims! I only joined the fun with Sims 2, but I’ve had so many hours of enjoyment with these games, and I hope to have many more!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Look at all the awesome visuals! Simmers are so talented - I love you all.

I'm with you, @elanorbreton ! Sims came out the year my last kid was born. They've all moved out now, and we're hoping to finally sell this house that's too big for two of us. My kids introduced me to the game via a friend shortly after it came out, and I've been playing ever since. And I'm so glad I got to know the community better in this last... over 9 years of this iteration. I love having Simming friends! My kids all play other games. Though for a bit of looping back in, my youngest, the Sims-aged kid, is my support team for my venture into modding with adopting All Beds Same Energy etc., especially for anything visual.

Now to set an alarm for that merch drop...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    A look back at a some previous anniversary surprises.

The Birthday Hot Tub.

nWSVkph.png
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/news/the-sims-20th-birthday
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/972214/february-4th-2020-patch-notes#latest

21 pieces of content from the community.

L8LhJjL.png

J80yQHl.png

Ljr1J4l.png

Giveaway: 23 copies of a Sims 4 pack.
    yWa2geV.png
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    Happy Birthday, dear Sims. 🍾πŸ₯‚πŸ₯ž

Thanks for being part of my life for the last 24 years, through good and bad times, that is.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Around 21 years ago, my 11 year old daughter came home from school with a Sims 1 disc that one of her friends let her borrow for a while. The two of us sat down in front of her computer and I watched her play with utter fascination. We couldn't stop giggling the whole time....

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Happy birthday, Sims!

vPTxyEG.gif

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Happy Birthday, The Sims! Thanks for so much fun. Here's to hoping for more.

So many of us are more creative because of this series. We also know what a plumbob is and we understand some Simlish. Sul sul!

Bake a birthday cake and blow out the candles!
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Happy Birthday 24th to the Sims, and wishing you many more years to comeπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims Games! :p
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,658 Member
    Celebrating! Thanks for the fun!

BqWSbZK.png
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited February 5
    Happy 24th birthday sims! <3 🍰

H4mtGeP.png
  • Options

HYFFY95.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Wow, this makes me feel really old :D

When I realise both of my kids were born before the Sims. And I remember shopping in good ol' Woolworths for Sims 2 expansion packs when they were little and used to play too.

Mine were born long before however I did purchase the Sims to help me cope through a divorce. LOL

Oh the things you could do with the first one. o:)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion