Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    "Sims can be Nosy, Generous, Cringe, Child of the Village and the Elder specific Wise–as wisdom comes with age." from the EA post

I'm crying. My sims can be Cringe. I love this game with my whole heart. My voidcritter obsessed nerd is going to run around dabbing on people <3
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I already know this pack is going to be excellent. Multi Family Lots, the Sims are snooping and sharing secrets, new activities for children and toddlers, some kind of fungus infection??? omg not a Sims 4 pack winning me over 😭
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Become a Successful Property Owner with The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack

Oversee multiple residential rentals as you bring neighbors together - literally!

It’s time to open your door to new rental opportunities in the picturesque world of Tomarang! Experience the neighborhood as a Property Owner or tenant – fix utilities, deal with unruly neighbors, create a community and even manage multiple Residential Rentals.

In The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack, players will have the opportunity to build and create a variety of dwellings, including townhomes, duplexes, apartments and more! Players will discover that close living quarters make for some of the most harmonious relationships that will either bring the community together or drive it apart!

Now, answer the door and get ready to discover the drama at your doorstep!

Welcome To Tomarang

Sul Sul, neighbor. Welcome to the bustling city of Tomarang, a scenic world nestled in a lush tropical landscape and vibrant city skyline. In a world alive with possibilities, Tomarang breathes new life into the many stories that can be told in multi-family dwellings.

Inspired by a unique blend of tradition and modernity, Sims can immerse themselves in this Southeast Asian-inspired world and discover various new exciting community activities. To reflect elements of Southeast Asian culture, The Sims team proudly collaborated with Jason Chu, an Asian-American rapper, social justice advocate and cultural expert with family roots in Southeast Asia, to consult on the For Rent Expansion Pack to deliver more choices with how players explore and express their individuality.

When your Sim needs a break from the hustle and bustle of a big city, they can relax in the green haven of the botanical gardens, visit an animal sanctuary or leave Incense or Fruit offerings at the Spirit House, while child Sims can play Hopscotch and Marbles in the park.

As Sims move into these new Residential Rentals, it’s inevitable that they will get tangled up in each other’s lives. From basement suites to duplexes, Sims can discover drama right at their doorstep as they will have ample opportunity to discover each other’s secrets by eavesdropping, snooping or even breaking and entering.

With so much to chat about, Sims can head on over to the city’s iconic Night Market for an evening stroll. After exploring a world aglow with lanterns, buzzing with vendors, tantalizing foods and unique items, Sims can be inspired to eat like locals at home where they can cook dishes including Khao Niao Mamuang, Tofu Pad Thai, Pancit Bihon, Burmese Samosa Soup and Banh Cuon. After their meals, Sims can enjoy a Halo Halo and a Thai Iced Milk Tea.

A New Type of Lot in Town

We know apartments and multi-residential rentals have been highly requested by players, and we wanted to ensure that this feature offered enriched and immersive gameplay that expands on the multitude of storytelling opportunities. The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack introduces a new dimension to housing options, enhancing the overall depth and complexity of Sims’ relationships, personalities and experiences.

For the first time ever in The Sims 4, Simmers can build a fully customizable multi-unit dwelling where multiple Sim families can live on the same lot. This is possible in ANY liveable The Sims 4 world!

In Tomarang, these gorgeous dwellings feature versatile wooden window shades, homes on stilts near scenic beaches as well as historic bridges. For interiors, there are traditional wood carvings and rattan furniture available alongside traditional Southeast Asian-inspired rugs, chairs, tiles and lamps.

New Residential Rentals allow a Sim to get creative with fully customizable multi-family dwellings. Give your Sims a basement suite to rent out, create a cozy duplex for close families or even build spacious apartments for large families.

Community events, like a Potluck and Pool Parties, provide the perfect opportunities for Sims to engage with their neighbors and get a sense of community within their Residential Rental.

Property Management

Sims can soon evolve into savvy Property Owners and live amongst tenants or maintain separate residences while generating income from multiple property investments. While being at home can be relaxing, Property Owners may face a tenant revolt if you allow your ratings to slip too low, amongst other potential surprises including insect infestations, and challenges including mold.

To further immerse players into the world of For Rent, Sims can gain four new Aspirations, five Traits and a new Fear that help create unexpected and exciting stories. Tenants can experience evictions, and as a result, Fears now include a tenant being afraid of being evicted due to misbehavior–but don’t worry, you can always give someone a second chance!

On the flip side, Property Managers have their own layer of responsibility. It's not all fun and games! Property Owners can visit and do inspections, shoring up any broken objects—including the new Water Heater and Electrical Fuse Box utility objects. No Tenant is going to want cold water or flickering lights.

Sims can also have Aspirations to become the nosiest of Seeker of Secrets, a Five-Star Property Owner, the local Fount of Tomarani Knowledge, or a Discerning Dweller–the best neighbor and tenant ever. To make these communities even more interesting, Sims have five new traits. Sims can be Nosy, Generous, Cringe, Child of the Village and the Elder specific Wise–as wisdom comes with age.

If you purchase the For Rent Expansion Pack anytime from November 2 to January 18, you’ll have access to our Street Eats Digital Content, which allows you to bring the night market flavor home with a grill cart, street umbrella and fruit basket.

Preorder The Sims 4 For Rent Expansion Pack now to start playing immediately when it launches on December 7, 2023 on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC via EA app for Windows, Origin™, Steam® and Epic Games Store.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/for-rent-expansion-pack

OK now I am completely sold on this. This is exactly what many players had been asking for for years...I could cry tears of joy! Apartment buildings in every world possible confirmed woohoo! <3
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    The trailer looks nice. If we can really build our own apartments, I will get this pack at release. I have been wanting this since city living. I like the different styles of apartments shown at the end. My first apartment to build might not be for the new world but for windenburg or glimmerbrook.

I also love the marbles and the hopscotch (had to Google the English translation, in Dutch it's called hinkelen. so I learned a new world today) Having a low tech way for kids to play together is so refreshing.

The water cooker is peaking my interest as well. I hope we can make tea with it.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,402 Member
    I also spotted an electric kettle and a jewelry selling stand. Can't wait to visit the night market. :smiley:
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    A new death, new appliances, new kids stuff, and hopefully the ability to put multiple households on one lot... I may buy this at release because even if it has bugs, modders are gonna have a field day with this pack.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    The food!!!!! Multi family lots! A rice cooker! My sim can own multiple properties! So many things about this pack makes my heart happy. A definite preorder.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2023
    First, the world is beautiful. I like that they've included new activities for kids. It looks like there are new appliances too, at least a....I wanna say rice cooker, but I'm nor sure ?. I like that we're getting more wall decals and dirty walls/floors. They've added a Turkish toilet : that thing is a nightmare irl and should be forbidden, but it's gonna be fun.
    We can break in someone else's home too, that's fun. I think the gameplay itself could and should have come with city living though.
  • Options
    Waters heaters and electrical fuse box gameplay objects confirmed in the official blog post too yay! <3
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Were the pictures in frames new poses? Looking good so far!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

2f9faf2234e60f9d5aa55f6a4401c59c831519a2.pnj

More from Tomarang
    e299467cb3315de1009ae08e83dd6e1c5e374ba8.pnj

Lots
    I love the new roof options
    014c9e62c7d5fde52698dd11e6bd9fe3414220b8.pnj

Build Buy is excellent <3
    bbe894cb93582569c229eb15712c2af5c10bac39.pnj
    0e883209f561ae0c875245fdad58c37544b6cc2f.pnj
    05650b9decd160b5a235312ab2bb58506d934c55.pnj
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    O
    M
    G

I'm sooooooo excited right now I can't even stand it! This is going to be the longest wait ever for the release!

Buildable apartments in any world! Let me repeat that in case you missed it ............. BUILDABLE APARTMENTS IN .... ANY .... WORLD!!!

And new kids activities that they can do together!

And did I read that right?
    .... homes on stilts near scenic beaches

I will become obsessed with TS4 (which has never happened)!

Merry Merry Christmas to me!!
  • Options
    deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    I'm extremely hype I can't wait to own several apartments and having loads of tenants
  • Options
    First time I look forward to preordering a pack
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,972 Member
    BUILDABLE APARTMENTS IN .... ANY .... WORLD!!!
    !

All lots at Del Sol Valley cheaper side will turn to apartments in my game!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,215 Member
    Look at the positives

More Asian food
    Can make apartment,townhouses and duplex in any world.

New traits
    Rice cooker
    Tenants,be a landlord.
  • Options
    deadncrispydeadncrispy Posts: 500 Member
    Look at the positives

More Asian food

New traits
    Rice cooker
    Tenants,be a landlord.

I'm gonna try to build apartments everywhere in every world
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't know what to say.... the sims just keep getting better and better. I didn't get a chance to watch the full trailer yet cause I'm busy at the moment but I'm in love with what I saw so far!! I'm from South Asia but south east is close enough!! So many things I can use here!
    But one thing that especially stuck out to me....
    (Picture from negative thread)
    457f3d8cc3f1efb2240dc597e749985089da8d60.pnj
    72d011cefe129254ee7bc7ab1ffb39671ab9db98.pnj[/quote]

No.... no I am not going to find a way to cover sims in fungus and make zombies.... why would I do that? Who would do that?👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    !

This will totally be a game changer for me too! Cannot wait! <3
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Look at the positives

More Asian food

New traits
    Rice cooker
    Tenants,be a landlord.

I'm gonna try to build apartments everywhere in every world

Me too!
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    Okay, I may have doubted this pack before...but now, I'm so excited for it! The ability to make apartments, the rice cooker, hopscotch, and marbles looks really cool! The new fungus death on the other hand, looked like it came straight from The Last of Us, which I'm guessing is the inspiration for it. Anyway, I'm loving this pack and I'm gonna get it for my birthday next month! 😍🎂😍

UPDATE: Change of plans, I just pre-ordered it today! 😁✨😁
    Post edited by MarteziaKing on
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    I have a sudden desire to make tiny apartments out of my tiny home floor plans.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    !

Great idea
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    yV29ks6.png
    Is that one Sim dude...dabbing? I guess that's what they mean by "cringe". 🤣
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    yV29ks6.png
    Is that one Sim dude...dabbing? I guess that's what they mean by "cringe". 🤣

Yeah, he's dabbing. XD It's so silly.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.