Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sims do you play?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    More than 100/ in one save
    Right now: 377 in total, including 198 "normal" sims, 143 occults and 36 pets, all in one save. Gender-wise, I have 158 males, 196 females, 6 non-binary sims and 17 asari. :)
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,940 Member
    edited August 2023
    Less than 50/ in different saves
    My largest rotational save has about 12 households. I find that with more than that, relationship decline becomes a big problem, since it can drop pretty far if a household goes unplayed for a few sim-weeks. So, I prefer to have separate saves with different things going on, different kinds of play.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Less than 50/ in different saves
    I'm on my 79th Save and I have a roster of my own sims plus the edits to the in-game sims that comprise most of my "Played Households" - i try to create a world of familiar faces.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I do have other saves, but I mostly play the one. I think they're right about at the 100 mark right now, with 22 households in rotation.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Less than 100/ in different saves
    About 5 households per save, household sizes vary from 1 to 5, have at least 10 saves available, probably a bit more. Play rotationally.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    edited August 2023
    I like to think I have just a little more than 400 sims, but I'm afraid the correct number might scratch 500. I used the limit setting previously, but with each new pack there comes so many new faces to town, and up to now I often kept at least 2 households from each new installation. Always played just one save, so it's rather packed with history and plans.

Adding: Oups, just checked, and the exact number is 636... it probably includes some dogs and cats, but I rarely added those, so they can't be many. No horses - yet. It makes about 110+ households, they are listed on my online residents registry.
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Less than 10/ in different saves
    I have 2 saves. One has 1 family and I use it for challenges, the other is rotational play and I have 6 families. (started with 3 but as the kids grew up and moved out I kept following 3 of them so it's doubled now)
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,670 Member
    I really have no clue how many sims I play as. I usually do aways with all the townies and make my own characters. I play with most of them but some I have greyed out unless I need to adjust their household. Really in everyone house I usually identify and play as only one, unless a huge task needs to be done. I wish there was a way to turn other household members into npc characters within the household to really just get into one sim.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2023
    Less than 10/ in different saves
    < Guilty of multiple saves that I probably need to weed through.

I tried playing rotational once. Still have that save file. It's something I'll eventually get around to but I have this unreasonable idea that I need to complete my base save before that happens... just like all the other ideas I have.

Something I've loved doing since TS3 is playing premades. I was never inspired to play rotational until I came across Beatdoc16 on tumblr playing TS4 premades rotational.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    NinoosimNinoosim Posts: 387 Member
    something else (let us know in the comments below)
    I planned to do like you, one big save with evey single one of my households in it. Problem is the save eventually blows up one way or another. Be it because of lag, an update that breaks stuff, someone giving up on updating their mod, culling etc. So I keep restarting and having each household in a different save. Annoying. I had so many grand plans, continuation from my big sims 3 town and all my OCs. Sims 4 was supposed to run on a toaster! It was what I've wanted since the beginning of the sims, a big world where I can create lives and have them interact smoothly. Best I could do was around 5 households before I had to start over. Now I don't even try, I just play one offs, quick one or two week old saves with one household then move on to something else. Makes me sad because I know some people managed to keep their saves since release, I just can't stand lag and I refuse to play on low graphic settings.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @Ninoosim oh I'm so with you in your disappointment. When I got the first information about Sims 4 I cried because I was so so disappointed (I play since Sims1). And just yesterday youtube suggested me a Life by you video and I almost cried because it's everything I wished for Sims 4 (and more).Let's hope we see better days soon. If it's in one of the competitors games or if EA finally gets kicked out of their prime position and actually creates a game that is a worth iteration of the Sims.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨