Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Other
    The fact that we are still calling it "Project Rene" vs. "The Sims 5" is also curious to me,

This has struck me too; maybe, just maybe, Project Rene is NOT Sims 5 but it's own "Sims Lite" product like say The Urbz but primarely for mobile platforms?

It seems to fit that bill fairly conclusively.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,421 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Links are no longer working. Must sign into Twitter if I want to read them. I don't know if others without twitter have this problem or not. Just started today. I wonder if removing the S in Https will post it here?

This is new to how Twitter is handling shared links. Not specific to you. You’ll need to sign in
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Looks good love that they are putting elder clothing styles in the base game and Paralives are giving us fade male haircuts Sims take note.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Why are they posting old news from March? Or was it not available to the general public until now. I don't know, but I have seen them post old news before that was already seen on their public blogs etc.

I love the male haircut, it looks great, but I'm not feeling the outfit for the elderly lady, out of style like in 2008 or earlier.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Why are they posting old news from March? Or was it not available to the general public until now. I don't know, but I have seen them post old news before that was already seen on their public blogs etc.

I love the male haircut, it looks great, but I'm not feeling the outfit for the elderly lady, out of style like in 2008 or earlier.
    This is new to the public.
  • Options
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

This is new to the public.

I'm pretty sure I saw some of these outfits, characters a year or so ago. Maybe longer. I would love to see gameplay. I like these characters I hope this game finally gets to gameplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PotsaePotsae Posts: 79 Member
    Other
    Sadly (for me), neither attracts me :(
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2023
    They've worked on the game in phases so they're really into live mode right now. IMO you gave up your patreon pledge too soon if you're interested in gameplay. We're getting great stuff!

That sounds great, you should know if you are still supporting them. I just wish I had a new game, now, lol Since Maxis is going to cater to Gen Z and Alpha which is like 10- to 25-year-olds for the next game. Andrew Wilson has made that pretty clear in his interviews.

This is concerning. Would you mind linking to the article where this is addressed, please? I haven't been able to find anything regarding 10+.
    All I've seen is discussion of a new generation of Sim players (which could be any age, honestly).
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Cynna wrote: »
    They've worked on the game in phases so they're really into live mode right now. IMO you gave up your patreon pledge too soon if you're interested in gameplay. We're getting great stuff!

That sounds great, you should know if you are still supporting them. I just wish I had a new game, now, lol Since Maxis is going to cater to Gen Z and Alpha which is like 10- to 25-year-olds for the next game. Andrew Wilson has made that pretty clear in his interviews.

This is concerning. Would you mind linking to the article where this is addressed, please? I haven't been able to find anything regarding 10+.
    All I've seen is discussion of a new generation of Sim players (which could be any age, honestly).

I'm pretty sure it was the game changer Erin (Is that the right name?) that went over Wilson's interview in one of her videos. (Also went over what Maxis has said lately). Edit: Youtube video from Simmer Erin interview: Real Reason Sims 4 is Free to Play. Here is a snippet of what they have said about audience that most fansites have posted already.

2uoans2qg3wx.png
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    Yes it was SimmerErin! She's not an EA Gamechanger (and never has been) though I know she wants to be, which is a shame.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Yes it was SimmerErin! She's not an EA Gamechanger (and never has been) though I know she wants to be, which is a shame.

Gotta scream for elbows.
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.

Gotta scream for elbows.

What does that idiom mean?
  • Options
    stylesdrukstylesdruk Posts: 27 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    The competitor games are bad quality and outdated. They have bad graphics, and they will be just as bad compared to The Sims 5 forever more. They are not experienced game makers. I'm not interested in ditching Sims for them.

Some parts of The Sims 5 are probably copyrighted and patented, don't expect to see everything in The Sims franchise in the competitor games.
  • Options

Gotta scream for elbows.

It's a meme from the Friends TV show. Much like squealing for white shelves. o:)
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Gotta scream for elbows.

Sorry, quoted the wrong quote. Having trouble getting rid of a draft.

@stylesdruk
    I won't. ;) Because in LBY we see hands-on careers, cars, open world, create a style type system, and so much more. In Paralives they were the first to show off how to build with newer technology, which EA/Maxis then showed the same thing three years later. Some of us wondered if they had borrowed that technology idea of how to build buildings/lots...It seems the competiton games have more in their early access features than we see as far as actual gameplay. Maxis seems to be building collaboration systems, when they aren't showing what Paralives has already done.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2023

I'm pretty sure it was the game changer Erin (Is that the right name?) that went over Wilson's interview in one of her videos. (Also went over what Maxis has said lately). Edit: Youtube video from Simmer Erin interview: Real Reason Sims 4 is Free to Play. Here is a snippet of what they have said about audience that most fansites have posted already.

Thank you for the link. It's was pretty tone deaf of him to even include The Sims franchise in that list. Those types of games might be a good fit for networking, socialization, and competition but not The Sims. At least, not without turning it into something entirely different.

Gotta scream for elbows.

It's a meme from the Friends TV show. Much like squealing for white shelves. o:)

That was the perfect explanation. Thank you.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I am interested in Paralives and possibly Life By You also. I'm kinda scared though, I don't like the actual speaking in Life By You. Obviously, they can't use Simlish, but the fact it's a language that has our own imagination to translate it works well. I am waiting until they actually release to decide.

I do like Maxis, I have since waaaay back when they were making the original Sim City and I also really enjoyed Sim Isle.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017
  • Options
    Food looks good they should do a sound warning on that video. I'm so glad they went with English text on the cereal boxes never been a fan of the gibberish.
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    Perhaps some potential NBA team owner can buy Probst out so that The Sims can continue nonstop. An example of that potential businessman would be still-active NBA player LeBron James. He could get the money to buy Probst out as Chairman of EA. The Board of Directors doesn't have to vote Probst out, because they may be happy with him, but at the same time, they can also be happy with LeBron so The Sims series could continue to ten base games (From The Sims 1 to The Sims 10). Would any of you like for Probst to leave from Chairman of EA?
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    u7uzn6v7a58x.png
    Lots of great details here
  • Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    Other
    Man I remember the second Paralives got announced everyone was screaming about how it's so much better than The Sims 5, despite the fact that Sims 5 hadn't even been alluded to at the time and all there was for Paralives was like 2 screenshots with no confirmation they were from the game (rather than proof of concept).

And even now I think it's stupid to be all "I will definitely buy X rather than Y" because neither game is out yet, there's no release date as far as I can see for either of them (and for sims 5 at least they've made it pretty clear it's not coming out soon). Like if someone gave the name of two movies and just said they were both movies about a woman who gardens, wouldn't it be stupid to decide which one you're going to see in theaters right now without a release date or any information, when you have a bare plot synopsis for one but absolutely nothing about the other one aside from like one proof of concept test screenshot?

I've also always thought this was a weird question on its own, as if people can only play one game? Why does it have to be Paralives OR sims 5, why can't it be both?

My answer is "I don't know until they're both actually out and available to buy and I know more", but frankly I don't think I'll be able to play either of them on my computer at launch anyway, I'll likely have to get a new computer. I mean I can't actually use the EA app on my computer because I don't have the right specs, so no way Sims 5 will work. And do I really want to pay $1000 to get a new computer when this one works superbly just for either video game?

Also while sims 5 is supposed to be "free to start" I really want to wait to see what that MEANS. Like, do they mean that basically the base game will be free and there'll be enough in it to play? What about the modding community, especially since we're supposed to be able to play it on mobile AND computer? If it's not possible to play with mods/cc then I'm not bothering unless CAS is really cool then I could at least use it for character design even without cc.
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top