Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,650 Member
    Other
    Gotta love a Teddy Bear. Although, I do give the giraffe a close second. B)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Will take a lot more than a horse pack to keep me onboard, starting with proper repair of that disaster known not so affectionally as the EAapp.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

Will someone still on their Discord or twitter feeds please ask them when, if ever will see GamePlay, and not just buildmode and clutter. Anyone can make a 3D model in the engine they are using. We get it, they love making stuff and working on buildmode, but for goodness sake they can't keep thinking people will support them these past three years forever without seeing actual gameplay.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2023
    I plan to buy both.
    Cinebar wrote: »

Will someone still on their Discord or twitter feeds please ask them when, if ever will see GamePlay, and not just buildmode and clutter. Anyone can make a 3D model in the engine they are using. We get it, they love making stuff and working on buildmode, but for goodness sake they can't keep thinking people will support them these past three years forever without seeing actual gameplay.

I've been a patron on Patreon since 2020. We see gameplay systems about every other Friday. Getting access to this information and being able to directly respond in the comments with questions and feedback is our privilege from being a paying patron.

We're not allowed to share any details, but since the Patreon titles are public, here's a sampling:

Last Friday - "Paintings Done By Your Future Parafolks"

June 9th - "How Relationships are Defined in Paralives"

May 26th - "Autonomy and Death"

May 12th - "How Needs and Wants Work in Paralives"
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    All well and good but not everyone is a paetron type. Too much of a reputation as paywall city. Real public releases would help a lot.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    All well and good but not everyone is a paetron type. Too much of a reputation as paywall city. Real public releases would help a lot.
    Real public releases happen they are crowd funded you want to know what is being worked on at the moment you pay otherwise you wait weeks to months and see at a later time.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I plan to buy both.

Public releases happen, but they tend to occur on an 8 to 12 month delay from the initial Patreon post.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Provided one knows how to get there and/or bothers with the place.
  • Options
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I've been a patron on Patreon since 2020. We see gameplay systems about every other Friday. Getting access to this information and being able to directly respond in the comments with questions and feedback is our privilege from being a paying patron.

We're not allowed to share any details, but since the Patreon titles are public, here's a sampling:

Last Friday - "Paintings Done By Your Future Parafolks"

June 9th - "How Relationships are Defined in Paralives"

May 26th - "Autonomy and Death"

May 12th - "How Needs and Wants Work in Paralives"

I was a patron but gave up on the support since it's my honest belief there is never going to be actual gameplay. Yes, they have shown many, many things that were quite exciting, however, I might get excited again one day since I have been waiting on gameplay for the past two years and still nothing, Nada.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    They've worked on the game in phases so they're really into live mode right now. IMO you gave up your patreon pledge too soon if you're interested in gameplay. We're getting great stuff!
  • Options
    They've worked on the game in phases so they're really into live mode right now. IMO you gave up your patreon pledge too soon if you're interested in gameplay. We're getting great stuff!

That sounds great, you should know if you are still supporting them. I just wish I had a new game, now, lol Since Maxis is going to cater to Gen Z and Alpha which is like 10- to 25-year-olds for the next game. Andrew Wilson has made that pretty clear in his interviews.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Everything looks so good I really like their choice of art style.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    I plan to buy both.
    I love the look of it, and I love the gameplay we're seeing on Patreon.
  • Options
    Michael_PattrickMichael_Pattrick Posts: 31 Member
    Other
    I love the idea of Paralives, I just obviously can't make a judgment at this point in time as it's still very deep in development.

The fact that we are still calling it "Project Rene" vs. "The Sims 5" is also curious to me, as well as the rumors regarding the "free to play" model. However, still can't make a strong judgment yet at this point. I would be willing to buy both and also willing to buy neither, based on what the final products come out to be.

Open world would be really important to me, but if they can manage a semi-open world (different than The Sims 4's) I would be willing to listen.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Other
    The more news that comes out, the more I am interested in Paralives & Life By You. Every bit of updates from both of them has been quite exciting, and definitely the type of gameplay I'm interested in.

I don't like what I've heard lately about Project Rene, it sounds like they're trying really hard to make it some sort of MMO. I'm not interested in that. I didn't play Sims Online when it first came out, Sims Freeplay & Sims Mobile (or whatever it's called) bored me so much I quit within a week. I do not want to play with others. I like my alone time and I like playing my own stories that I've set up in my head.

The graphics style of both Paralives & Life By You are a little different to me, but I think I could get used to it. Especially if both games offer the features I want. Depending on how things go, it's likely I will buy both, and give up on the Sims franchise. They don't seem interested in an old style "dollhouser" gamer like me.
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Links are no longer working. Must sign into Twitter if I want to read them. I don't know if others without twitter have this problem or not. Just started today. I wonder if removing the S in Https will post it here?
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,895 Member
    The more news that comes out, the more I am interested in Paralives & Life By You. Every bit of updates from both of them has been quite exciting, and definitely the type of gameplay I'm interested in.

I don't like what I've heard lately about Project Rene, it sounds like they're trying really hard to make it some sort of MMO. I'm not interested in that. I didn't play Sims Online when it first came out, Sims Freeplay & Sims Mobile (or whatever it's called) bored me so much I quit within a week. I do not want to play with others. I like my alone time and I like playing my own stories that I've set up in my head.

The graphics style of both Paralives & Life By You are a little different to me, but I think I could get used to it. Especially if both games offer the features I want. Depending on how things go, it's likely I will buy both, and give up on the Sims franchise. They don't seem interested in an old style "dollhouser" gamer like me.

I was JUST thinking the same. The more I read about Rene/TS5, the less I want to actually invest in it. Paralives and LBY are looking better and better, and I wouldn't be surprised if I got both eventually, and skipped TS5 alltogether.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 789 Member
    Other
    I'm willing to give Sims 5 a chance only if it isn't subscription-based. As for the online features,you should have 2 options: Play offline, or make private servers for you and your friends(like Minecraft does).
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member

I am also an old "dollhouser" gamer who likes her alone time and I agree with every word you wrote here.
  • Options
    My answer three years ago was I don't know, I love Maxis, but you know what, I think I do know now. TS5, it's going to be a flat no from me. Hearing about the game being played alongside the phone, the MMO features, it is looking almost exactly like TS4 (leaked pics) as far as buildings, objects etc, world environments etc., running custom content through Curse Forge or whatever, paying modders so EA can get a cut of it, and a lot of other reasons, it's not my cup of tea. I can already see it won't be. And Origin was bad enough but EA App is the worst of all time.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 171 Member
    I very much agree with all of the recent comments on this thread. If Sims 5 looks the way it does, Sims 4 will be the last Maxis game I play. While some of the multiplayer elements may be useful to some players, I wouldn't want to play that way. And I have enough trouble explaining modern technology to my mother as it is. My mother is an active simmer too. She refuses to get a cellphone and I can't imagine the headache the mobile elements will cause.

And definitely, the microtransactions will be a NO. We tolerated the Sims 3 store, mostly by turning it off in the game's options. If we can't do that to whatever EA comes up with next, I will be saying NO!!!!!, except I'll be shouting from LBY and Paralives opening lines, so they probably won't hear me very well.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,056 Member
    edited July 2023
    Other
    ..and wrong thread, sorry :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Have quite given up on EA. Too many colossial blunders, too much neglect of what the community wants/needs, going in a direction that gives me the willies. Keeping an eye on Paralives and pre-ordered (which I never do with EA) LBY.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top