Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite methods to get sims in particular moods?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I use yoga and meditation the most
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I just learned that the clown painting is great for making sims sad.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited June 2023
    I like mirror for flirty since it kind of makes sense you would freshen up before a date

if we are talking about effectiveness though emotional paintings,
    lots of them, in same emotion, hidden behind curtains and such

so sims literally just walk into a room and be like oh wow~ so vibey
    I feel like BURNING THIS PLACE DOWN I HATE EVERYONE AAAAAAA

What? you thought I would make them flirty?
    oh why would I do that :innocent:

clearly I just wanted this sim to be enraged by my horrible interior design tastes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BoomeyBoomey Posts: 43 Member
    I like to use objects, like the crystals, painting, etc.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,007 Member
    I like making specific teas and using the shower.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    Flirty: watching the romantic tv-channel.
    Energized: Taking a brisk shower. 2:nd best: study sport on a computer (If I have to get them energized).

In general I tend to let the moodlets come and go as they please. If a certain moodlet is not needed for a task.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 810 Member
    This video suggest creating "emotion rooms" in a museum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0FdHgIKQ6Q
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,388 Member
    I like using the beguiling trait to get sims into a flirty mood....other than the shower and tea, which I use for other moods too. Also video games really are good for focus, I think a few people said that. I cheat happy in the kiddos because they stay a lot more independent that way and the adults can have their adult time....playing video games and dancing and throwing down beats and putting out fires...
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    Elmo1809Elmo1809 Posts: 16 Member
    I usually use showers for certain moods.
    But lately I'm finding one of the households I am playing has a confident sim and one of her aspirational goals is to play music while feeling inspired. But finding it really hard to get her to be inspired over being confident.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    Hi @Elmo1809 and welcome to the forum :)
    I also like stargazing/cloudgazing, browsing art on the computer, and playing with clay as a way to become inspired.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Emotional paintings off the gallery, work quicker than most options

Yeah. The 'non-cheaty' way is more of what the game is about though.

Flirty is pretty simple. Get at least one Sim into a flirty mood, then take photos or have that Sim who is flirty paint a painting. Going on a date and unlocking the VIP basket is the most solid way to get a flirty aura item.

Inspired is tricky. Have to unlock items that have an aura for "inspiration". Though, like others have already said, there are in-game ways to get it.

Confident also is tricky, though you can find items, again take photos of a confident Sim if you want an easy aura. But doing actions that cause the actual moodlet/emotion is fun. Like winning at chess.

Etc... Etc...

It all depends how you play your game. I always cheat massively using "motherlode", and occasionally free realestate on (usually only for NPC celebrity Sims since it does not make sense to me that they are only starting with 20 simoleons yet are famous). Or (I have paranormal AND City living) if I am moving them into a haunted house with an enormous basement. (Basements = massive simoleons). Now if I could just find a ladder for my game with a manhole cover or trap door instead of it sticking out like a sore thumb (requiring me to moveobjects on and hide the top in the "party bush"). Also, since I was a Sims 3 player for years with all the EPs, I also have all the Sims 3 reward items, including the mood light plumbobs (including one that inspires Sims). Those are a quick way to influence your Sims' moods. Angry seems to be a harder mood to figure out, unless you have a werewolf or hotheaded Sim, then it is way too easy. Sad is easy - either gloomy trait, no social interaction for 24-48 hrs, or a gravestone. Scared is pretty easy too - most Sims seem to be scared of thunderstorms.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,388 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Emotional paintings off the gallery, work quicker than most options

Yeah. The 'non-cheaty' way is more of what the game is about though.

Flirty is pretty simple. Get at least one Sim into a flirty mood, then take photos or have that Sim who is flirty paint a painting. Going on a date and unlocking the VIP basket is the most solid way to get a flirty aura item.

Inspired is tricky. Have to unlock items that have an aura for "inspiration". Though, like others have already said, there are in-game ways to get it.

Confident also is tricky, though you can find items, again take photos of a confident Sim if you want an easy aura. But doing actions that cause the actual moodlet/emotion is fun. Like winning at chess.

Etc... Etc...

It all depends how you play your game. I always cheat massively using "motherlode", and occasionally free realestate on (usually only for NPC celebrity Sims since it does not make sense to me that they are only starting with 20 simoleons yet are famous). Or (I have paranormal AND City living) if I am moving them into a haunted house with an enormous basement. (Basements = massive simoleons). Now if I could just find a ladder for my game with a manhole cover or trap door instead of it sticking out like a sore thumb (requiring me to moveobjects on and hide the top in the "party bush"). Also, since I was a Sims 3 player for years with all the EPs, I also have all the Sims 3 reward items, including the mood light plumbobs (including one that inspires Sims). Those are a quick way to influence your Sims' moods. Angry seems to be a harder mood to figure out, unless you have a werewolf or hotheaded Sim, then it is way too easy. Sad is easy - either gloomy trait, no social interaction for 24-48 hrs, or a gravestone. Scared is pretty easy too - most Sims seem to be scared of thunderstorms.

If you use the code "money [number]" you can get as many simoleons as you want in one go - I try to stick with just enough to get a house put together and all that, but sometimes I go all out, depending on if I want my sims to be independently wealthy and/or trust fund people lol, or if I want them to work more for a living. I kind of wish, as most people do, that I was independently wealthy, so it's fun sometimes to put a sim or a family into a penthouse and be like, yeh here's your billions. But then I also like putting sims in starter houses and starting the more basic way. It's fun to play both ways.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    brizgalbrizgal Posts: 152 Member
    the emotion berries from jungle
    There are also the emotion potions from rewards store
    The different drinks made at the bar or with the tea maker
    Vacuuming is a good one - gets the 3 hours aspiration from pristine and gives you time to start focused paintings to complete emotional painting aspiration or do the gaming while focused aspiration. After all that cleaning you need to reward your simself with a bit of fun!
    The mirror is another tool eg an easy way to improve confidence while increasing charisma or debate skill
    The various channels on the TV
    Telescope is another easy way to get focused and you can earn extra cash by selling the extra prints. Although these prints also give focused emotion buffs.
    There are several reward items eg ballerina that give emotional buffs as well.
    Emotion paintings that you paint and photos you take of emotional events help as well
    The various types of showers are also easy ways to get a required emotion eg energised for body builder aspiration
    Then there is the playful emotion heightened significantly from the child’s play lot trait - very good for child playing on pirate ship/space ship motor aspiration
    Beguiling reward will get other sims flirty

There are still other things that I haven’t listed

The more you play the sims, the more you discover.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    @Katofhyrule12 that's an interesting video. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    The little potions they get from being a celebrity. I use them all the time.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,120 Member
    Bunch of different things - showers, teas, yoga, activities, CelebuSerum, you name it. The only thing I really don't use is anything requiring aspiration points lol.
  • Options
    EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    I tend to use the plumbob lamps you can get in game if you had the Sims 3 and expansion packs on Origin (and I assume now the EA app). Each of those are a different emotional aura so if I'm in a pinch I just put two or three of them in a room and turn on the auras. For more day-to-day I usually use the little things showers or chess/browsing Simpedia for focused, brushing teeth for confident, etc.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 331 Member
    edited June 2023
    I like the chess set or shower for Focused. Then I get the sim to eat both an excellent and a perfect fruits, to cheese a couple of extra points. It makes the difference between writing a novel in one sitting versus two.