Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2024 still playing here

What mostly your goal to your sims if you still playing this?
1. Make money and become rich
2. Make a perfect family
3. Others

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    3. others
    story telling, dressing them and building 🤗

I don't think I will jump to another Life Sim in 2024 or to Sims 5 anytime 'soon'.
    Sims 4 as it is now with all the expansions feels 'round' for me and the way I play.
    I can achieve almost everything now in building/decorating and story telling.
    To start all over again with a plain game is no option for me (atm).
    I would have played Sims 3 much longer if I hadn't won Sims 4 😅
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    edited June 2023
    I still want to get to three or more generations of the same family. Really have fleshed out Sims that I've raised with history and feel like I've finally built and achieved something. I've been constantly restarting trying to find the right tweaks for years and years. Another year or three won't hurt.

I also want to achieve more completed aspirations (don't even think I've done any yet :o ) and at least the double life achievement (likely others too).

Kinda boils down to Option 4: All of the Above
  • Options
    Build_Mode_QueenBuild_Mode_Queen Posts: 24 Member
    there's so many add-ons to sims 4 that theres tons of stories to play. my goal is to explore each and every pack, besides maybe, baatu lol.
  • Options
    Elmo1809Elmo1809 Posts: 16 Member
    3. I am currently doing the Disney princess challenge. Currently on Gen 5 (Anna.) So think I will still be working my way through this in 2024.
    As also doing the legacy challenge. Only just started this one. So think I will still also be doing this is 2024.
    Also working on my own 'challenge' to do with a large family in one household. But think I will be finishing this one in the next couple of weeks.
    I also enjoy do the odd scenario if I fancy something a bit different from the normal.
    I think if Sims5 is multiplayer in a fortnite kind of way. I don't think I will be playing it.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    3. I will continue to watch my Sims' lifes evolve and get rid of nuisances that occur in the process. I have exclusively played with households that have a horses in TS3 after we got them so the lives of my played households are going to change with the Horse Ranch EP.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    I still want to get to three or more generations of the same family. Really have fleshed out Sims that I've raised with history and feel like I've finally built and achieved something. I've been constantly restarting trying to find the right tweaks for years and years. Another year or three won't hurt.
    This. I have terrible restartitis 😄
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited June 2023
    I don't think my goals will be achieved anytime soon :sweat_smile:
    • I aspire to build/edit every lot in the game to my liking, in every world.

thats gonna take a while :sweat_smile: I don't really have complete worlds yet and I've been on this since 2019

• I aspire to play most premades and give them some kind of story beyond just being premades on the background and also play their kids if they have some

I would say all but I do think theres just sims that I end up scheming nothing but death for and honestly its eternity project so it could very well be that i don't get to all of them even if I wanted to

• I have added bunch of ts1-2 sims too that I want to play through eventually since I didn't do much of that in ts1-2

• I also aspire to play through every pack i have once at least because i most certainly haven't done it all

I realize i got side tracked but yeah my goals for every sim are different some of them have families some of them don't some of them do magic some don't some are rich some are not and so forth I mostly just aspire to not give all my sims the exact same story

and as for what comes to ts5 n whatever I'm not all too interested in getting invested and starting everything over again

I have played since ts1 and it just feels to me you have to make home somewhere and stop chasing the new iterations

well that is unless its Sims Medieval 2 and i get sucked in welp but no sign of that yet
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    My goal is to raise a happy, loving multigenerational family while completing all the careers, aspirations, degrees, etc with that family. I currently have four generations.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,570 Member
    We're still in 2023, not quite in 2024 yet. But I still have fun with my sims, I love to build, and some of my sims pursue family, others pursue adventures. Some pursue fame. :lol:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    It’s actually still 2023, not 2024 in real life.😝
    That being said, I still like my Sims 4 games.
    And speaking of the future, I do have actually have a Futuristic 2525 & Beyond Game Save that I’ve built up in my worlds along with my beloved households of my TARDIS Family, Voyager Resolution Family & many others.🥰
    I also have my historical Game Saves that are:
    Medieval/Victorian
    Ancient Times/Dark Ages
    Prehistoric/Biblical/Mythical😍
    And finally my Ragtime to Awesome 80s Game Save.😘
    Basically I don’t get bored with my Sims 4 games. But I do get very tired.😴😛
    Oh & get this, I only play Vanilla & my up to date packs with some Kits.
    I don’t use any Mods, MCCs or CCs.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 271 Member
    Did you mean if we'd still be playing in 2024? Or is this a typo?

Regardless, I have an extremely long story idea for TS4 that will take me a long time to finish. Assuming I do finish it at all, I'll probably go back to TS3, and then likely quit.
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,388 Member
    I would like to have more sims complete their careers. I usually wind up with some sort of other situation and have them sell paintings and publish music and stuff, like gigs from home or whatnot, but I really like the idea of career-oriented sims. I have to stay at home (can't work, don't want to get into it), but I desperately wish that I could have a career-oriented life, so it would make sense for me to live vicariously through my sims in that way.

Also I would like to be able to get some more packs and stuff - I have a bunch of them already but I think I will have to wait until Christmas money time to get any more. Bills do come first unfortunately...and I have a trip to OC CA USA coming up so I have to save some money for that! Excited for the beautiful California weather and the ocean! Also excited about visiting family that I haven't seen since pre-pandemic!
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    What mostly your goal to your sims if you still playing this?
    1. Make money and become rich
    2. Make a perfect family
    3. Others

@SERVERFRA @LJK like it is said in the first post and the title 'if you still play' then in 2024
    which is a quite interesting question because the competitors might be released by then but not sims 5
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I'm not going anywhere, I might need 50 more years to achieve all the TS4 stuff I want to do :) Hopefully I can afford a better gaming computer during that long period, and preferably before I eventually end my life, lol. My game feels nearly complete, still hoping for a few final features though, but mainly I invested so much into this university of mine, I really can not start from scratch, for the 5th time.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited June 2023
    I think I'll be playing in 2024. I'm currently on a break because of a milestones bug and other reasons, but generally enjoy (option 3) creating sims stories for myself & my blog and occasional building. I honestly want to try Life by You, though it looks quite different compared to TS4. I read it should work for rotational play and that really caught my interest. Paralives doesn't really appeal to me whenever that comes out.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,003 Member
    I brought my Rock Star over from both Sims2 & 3, to make him my Founder for the Pinstar Legacy Challenge I managed to complete my second go at it, (same Founder) but I didn't get enough time playing with Erik. I decided once the Challenge was over, I would play him on Long. I originally started with just his parents and had the five Cantrell kids born in-game. I was thrilled to learn GF was coming out about the time Erik was reaching his Teens. Sadly, even though the Road to Fame mod had been updated/revised to include a Professional Singing career, I didn't get very far before it became apparent my old save had gone corrupt. Erik, specifically. (The mod was no longer working and I got help from his Discord crew.) Had to start anew. This next time I created the entire family in CAS, generating the parents from Erik and then the rest of the kids from the parents. This went well, for a time. Again, I found I had to restart. I got Erik's career all the way to Global Superstar, while he was a Teen, however, none of the songs he wrote were ever nominated. After Uni I had him explore the Acting career. He won a Starlight Accolade, but it was an 'empty' win for me; Music is his first love.

It was during another iteration (I've lost count) that Erik got his first award for his music. (I decided to have him explore the Entertainer career after Uni, in that save. He wasn't invited down to the Show to see if he won. I got a pop-up saying he was nominated and that he won. Total letdown. Finally, a save made it long enough for Erik to marry and start having his family. (This again was another restart.) I allowed the game to select the gender and birth order of his children. I was totally shocked when their second child was identical twin girls. They went on to have three more children, for a total of six kids. They were all very close together in age. The first three were Teens, the two younger brothers had just aged to Child with the youngest, a girl, was also set to age to Child. This was back in the Spring of 2020. A Patch hit and the save went kablooey on me.

I have a particular goal for Erik, who was finally being recognized for his music. (Many thanks to the Players who gave me the 'secret' to his success.) I have been attempting to get Erik back to this point ever since. I have suffered through at least 3-4 more restarts since then. Erik has five of his six kids at this point. The aging changes will keep the kids younger, longer, but that's just fine with me. I just would like to achieve the original goal I set for him.

I stopped the aging process on a save wherein he had the first three kids born, just waiting for Infants. Unfortunately, I backed up that save prior to Infants and then lost it. Don't ask. Restarted two more times since then. Operator Malfunction. Finally, started a brand-new save and that one is the one I'm still playing, if only my laptop would cooperate.

And that's why I'm still playing this game. I'm really loving the advances in depth with the Traits and the stuff Growing Together has added. Now, if I can just get Erik where I see him going. Wish me luck.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    3 Just let them live out their happy little lives the way I command them to, er the way they want me to command them to, uh the way I think they want to?
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 766 Member
    3. I’ve gotten into challenges. At first I had a scenario save. Then I started the not so berry challenge, it’s been on pause for a few months, but I’m on generation six. I completed the 100 baby challenge, I had to wait to update my game because of infants. Currently doing the globetrotter challenge.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 578 Member
    3. Other. My goal is just to keep developing the stories of the families I’m playing in my rotation and see where they go. I have at least one household I play in each world so that I can try to make the most of each world and all the careers, skills and gameplay. I don’t yet have all the packs I’d like to get (let alone ones that are still to come), and it already feels like there’s so much content I haven’t fully explored yet. So it will take me a long, long time before I feel I’ve explored everything, and before I run out of ideas for my families’ stories.