Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book Nook and Grunge Revival Kits Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    edited May 2023
    Two themes that are literally made for me. :D

I can't say the items are a 100% win, but I see enough that I like to make it worthwhile for me. Should have made the key a necklace instead of earrings, though... I guess these millennials devs don't know that real latchkey kids wore our housekeys on a chain, not in a piercing. And as usual, they went overboard with the croptops. But a babydoll dress? Count me in. Could have used some ballet slippers and/or combat boots as additional options to go with them, though. But I'm always happy to see more band tees.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited May 2023
    They’ve be recolouring clothes & putting it in different packs for years now.I think it’s because we don’t actually have a color wheel for clothes. I’ve had to properly match up a top from Laundry with a skirt from Jungle Adventure.
    Also has anyone seen all the Asian & Eastern clothing in City Living, Snowy Escape, Batuu & Fashion Street.
    Yup, Sims 4 loves to match up clothing from any packs/kits.🤪😉
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    The books is day one purchase.

I want to say I’m not going to get the grunge one but I said that about a few others and I bought them. I am too weak. At first glance though I really don’t need it. It looks fine but it’s just not my thing and I never touch the werewolf stuff. But if it has a few nice items I probably will get for collection.

But books, yes absolutely let me buy it now.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    Wow! Gotta say I'm not overly impressed with the Grunge kit. Some of the items are eerily similar to what we already have.

They almost look like recolors.

VOfsbFn.png

Lol almost?? They are a like 😆
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Are we actually going to get any of the clothing from that little animation in game besides the ripped jeans and shoes? I'm seeing a lot of recolors and not a lot of actual new clothing designs which a pack like this should be offering.

Guess I will wait and see here I was going to say looks like I'm finally buying a kit then I see half of the content I seen advertised in the animation I wanted such as the long flannel t-shirt combo and the long t-shirt not even pictured as content. :|
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2023
    so conflicted

Do I love band tees n hoodies? yes.
    Do I love croptops and shorts? mmm nope.

and for book kit I just want to say

all those book items should work as bookcases (like the stacked books) and I'm going to be disappointed if they do not

I've wanted modular bookcases for so long but also part of me still is sad its not antique bookcase its just a bookcase (I know its for making it more versatile and all that but I am just sad it can't be the dream)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2023
    Wow! Gotta say I'm not overly impressed with the Grunge kit. Some of the items are eerily similar to what we already have.

They almost look like recolors.

VOfsbFn.png

It's difficult to tell from a screenshot but it does look like they have changed the details of the clothing a bit at least, Maxis tends to do that so that their items are not just recolors.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    A g-g-grunge kit???!!!👀👀👀👀👀
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 222 Member
    ngl, most of both packs look like slight edits and recolors of assets we already have. Going to buy the Bb kit only because I don't build with custom content
    28dul88f8gdo.png
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Both packs are an immediate purchase for me. Grunge was never really my personal style but I do like the 90s aesthetic this adds to the game. I was just saying the other day that I was ready for some new content.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    More grunge?! 😵 They’re looking after me well I must say. From Werebeasts to musty dusty old basements, to this.

That’s predominantly Grunge Revival Gen Z - style though.

Where are me worn army boots and where oh where is the tattered, oversized Freddy Krueger Sweater?! What happened to the even more faded than faded - jeans?!

As someone who was never into ’Grunge’ back in the good aul’ days ….( 🫣) and never ever played in a grunge band for like 15 minutes… ( 🫠) I must say I can smell a bit of a missed opportunity here, but sure look…I would need to see all this from up close before I find myself jumping to hasty conclusions and break something. I’m curious about all the accessories and tattoos.

I believe a goth kit would go great with this - after that, bands. Preferably, bands first.

From where I’m standing, the book nook looks good too, but also quite clean…..I had hoped for something a bit….grungier, since we’re on the subject now. Of-course not everything has to be grungy for my sims … but most of it should be. The grungier, the prettier.

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2023
    Grunge fashion is the clothing, accessories and hairstyles of the grunge music genre and subculture which emerged in mid-1980s Seattle, and had reached wide popularity by the mid 1990s.
    via wiki
    This is a bit more current gen bringing back grunge fashion. Kinda what I see walking into any popular clothing store now and I'm torn because I love to see it but makes me feel old as well. :D

I will eventually grab both kits as I always do but that Grunge Revival clothing kit.... <3 I might have to get that one right away. I liked the grungy CAS items we got with Werewolves GP. This will pair nicely with that.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I’m so getting the Grunge Kit. I actually remember constantly carrying on my back my little backpack purse & some of the clothes reminds me of what I used to wear. Plus it gives me warm loving 🥰 because back in the 90s was when I had my baby girl. She’s now grown up to be a beautiful young woman who is also a simmer. So now she can see the crazy styles were when she was a baby.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    For once I like the idea of new clothes, but the bookshelves are definitely not impressing me.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Chicklet453681 those were my first thoughts as soon as I looked at the pic. I will wait and see with that kit... there do seem to be a few good pieces.

Love the book nook kit, I've been wanting some not-tall bookshelves for so long and modular ones will look great in libraries.
  • Options

Oh dear o dear…this walking and texting again. What an utterly dense person. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    IMG-0043.jpg
    Why is this zombie behavior so normalized in these ads (and in the game)??

Another question of great importance:

What’s the kit’s icon meant to represent? I can’t figure it out. What the heck is it?! Is it a Grunge? 😅
    IMG-0044.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

What’s the kit’s icon meant to represent? I can’t figure it out. What the heck is it?! Is it a Grunge? 😅
    IMG-0044.jpg

Looks like a scrunched up towel, but it's probably a beanie hat. :smile:
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Oh dear o dear…this walking and texting again. What an utterly dense person. 🤦🏻‍♂️
    IMG-0043.jpg

IMG-0044.jpg

I see a woolen hat in it. There is one in the pack and it can be seen in the promo pictures
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    These look nice, but I'm not into buying any kits as I can't play my game because of the milestones disappearing bug.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It’s a beanie I think.
    IMG-0043.jpg

IMG-0044.jpg

• Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Looks like a scrunched up towel, but it's probably a beanie hat. :smile:
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I see a woolen hat in it. There is one in the pack and it can be seen in the promo pictures

A beanie? That's.....interesting...
    The bottom half seems rather odd. Then again, looking at a low-res image is not going to help.
    I think you're right though. Not sure what else it could be. Once I see this in a higher resolution it will all make sense I'm sure.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It’s a beanie I think.

I believe you're right!
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I like the idea of a Grunge Kit. I might get this one eventually.

I would have liked some floral dresses and big boots, which are the main grunge look for me. Some big sunglasses would have been good. Maybe a couple of tousled hairstyles too.

The bookcase kit is giving Dream Home Decorator vibes with the modular bookcases.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞