Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book Nook and Grunge Revival Kits Available Now!

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    edited May 2023
    Official Blog

Get Comfy and Creative at Home with The Sims 4
    The Sims 4 Grunge Revival and Book Nook Kits

Sul Sul Simmers!

It’s time to relax and indulge in your most creative and rebellious whims. From unpolished, effortlessly cool looks to captivating oases of literary delight, delve into the comfort of boundless creative exploration.

With The Sims™ 4 Grunge Revival and Book Nook Kits, relish in a dynamic duo of creative possibilities that empower you to celebrate your Sim’s unique style and curate peaceful hideaways. Merge the rebellious spirit of the grunge movement with the tranquility of reading sanctuaries, and let your Sims embrace their authentic selves.

Unpolished on Purpose

Explore nonconforming grunge-inspired styles and make them your own with The Sims 4 Grunge Revival Kit.

Dive headfirst into a realm of unfiltered self-expression that celebrates the unpolished, the imperfect, and the free-spirited.

Challenge expectations with a wardrobe that's all about experimenting with effortless, confident fits. With worn textures, layered options, and bold accessories, create comfortable yet stylish alternative looks and bring upcycled new energy to everyday looks. Whether it’s rocking an old band tee or a baggy hoodie and faded jeans from the thrift store, these slouchy silhouettes are now yours to make new with styles for every frame.

Create Cozy Escapes at Home

In a world filled with constant hustle and bustle, finding a quiet corner to indulge in the joy of reading has become a true luxury. Relax in a plush, cozy space and get lost in a good story with The Sims 4 Book Nook Kit.

Create the perfect spot to curl up surrounded by shelves filled with literary treasures after a long day or enjoy on a sunny afternoon. This kit features plush window seating, stackable bookshelves and cushy sofas with soft, relaxing accents that’ll help your Sim escape into captivating stories and enjoy the magic of the written world in their new favorite spot in the home.

The Sims 4 Grunge Revival and Book Nook Kits will be available on June 1, 2023 on PC via EA app™, Mac® via Origin, Epic Games Store and Steam®, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One systems.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/news/get-comfy-and-creative-at-home-with-the-sims-4
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I am loving both kits, but does anyone see what looks like new windows in the Grunge Revival kit picture? Wonder if that is from a new world.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I'm so glad one of them is a CAS kit, was afraid it will be only build this quarter. Gonna wait to see all the CAS items though.

Those will be great to build built in bookshelves and such. So nice to finally have them.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Sul sul,

Screenshot thread this-a-way.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    2 days before release? That's really short notice. I have little interest in the grunge cas kit. I rarely use that clothing style and werewolves cas will do for those few occasions. Modular bookshelves on the other hand are intriguing. I will wait for a review on the contents but I will probably get that one. I like the modular furniture from dream home Decorator so I think it will be useful.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    My werewolves will be happy with the new clothes.

As for me, I am madly in love with the Book Nook! This kit was made for me!!! Take my money!!
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I actually regally like both of these, but I’ll need to see what all comes in them first.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Where are the male clothes?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Looking good, both will go on my wishlist.

However, I realized that when I said I wanted grunge, I used the wrong word all the time. The grunge here looks artsy, like something a middle class teen would fabricate. What I was dreaming of is outfits suited for an extreme poverty challenge. Basically my sims should be able to look as if they just came out of a run in with the cops or like the women in those fake mobile game ads.
    The one pair of trousers that looks as if made from shipping bags (from EL) is a good start.
    Examples:

- Regular clothes, but torn.
    - Band aids and bandages.
    - More regular clothes, but with food stains and holes/patches, indicating an owner who hasn't had the opportunity to wash them in months. We now have several torn clothes options, but very few dirty ones.
    - A permanent dirt overlay in the accessoire slot that can get applied to any existing outfit.
    - An outfit covered in cowplant salvia, maybe.
    - Worn out and faded sweaters with the logo of universities, that the owner has worn for decades and preserved well beyond their intended life time. Even our thrift store stuff looks like something that worn maybe twice and then handed to the next owner.
    - Hair with unidentifieable stuff in it
    - Hair that was cut in weird ways because of the unidentifieable stuff in it (or to cut yourself loose from that nasty mooing piece of flora)
    - A necklace made from cowplant leaves... because sometimes our sims win
    - A wearable star of the kind we totally did not steal from a certain car brand as teens
    - A badly damaged police badge as necklace (found in the dumpster, but the wearer pretends they "won" it in "combat")
    - An expensive branded (either Moshino or the Sims 4 Fitness brand with the arrow, don't know it's name, but it's pretty noticeable) shirt someone has ruined on purpose with permanent marker (maybe by writing slogans all over it) - the owner will sue, of course, but that won't salvage their shirt.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I'm a little underwhelmed by the items in both kits. I'll have to wait & see how they look in other people's games.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited May 2023
    Looking good, both will go on my wishlist.

However, I realized that when I said I wanted grunge, I used the wrong word all the time. The grunge here looks artsy, like something a middle class teen would fabricate. What I was dreaming of is outfits suited for an extreme poverty challenge. Basically my sims should be able to look as if they just came out of a run in with the cops or like the women in those fake mobile game ads.
    The one pair of trousers that looks as if made from shipping bags (from EL) is a good start.

Grunge, relating to clothing, calls to my mind a specific fashion trend from the mid-90's, which the kit covers pretty well. (needs more flannel)

I think the word you want is grungey, which while superficially similar, implies dirty, torn, and worn out - like some of the torn items from Werewolves.

As for the booknook kit... Gimme. Now. Those 2 high shelves need to be in my builds yesterday (I had shelves like that under my windows in my bedroom, and I've wanted to do that so often while building.)
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I like both of these kits, far more than the 2 previous ones. I think these may be day one purchases, depending on if I decide I want to download the newest patch. Not happy about expelled teens not being able to reenroll. I may put off updating until a modder can change that, if it happens. Oh well. I still love both new kits.
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I like both of these and will probably get them day one, but I definitely can't escape the hunch that the grunge clothes were unused assets from Werewolves and the book nook kit is a GrT leftover, which happens often with kits (that feeling that they are unused assets from a recent big release).
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Grunge kit is sort of what I've been wanting for a while now. Might have to scoop that one up
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I think these look pretty interesting, probably won’t rush to get them. But the book one is intriguing. The grunge one caught me off guard since they literally just did a poll for goth clothes. So I hope they don’t try to conflate the two. Or change their minds. But I’m down for having more alternative styles in game. This is a bit idk neater than I’d imagine a grunge kit, but the essence is there, plus it’s sims.

I was more intrigued by the ‘window seating’ line in the blog post. I was hoping it meant a new bay window you can actually sit in as a seat. Perfect for a book nook. Maybe even one with book shelves underneath, or above it, in a cubby. But then I saw the comment with the items and didn’t see anything like that. But it’s still cute. Who knows, myb one of those bookcases has a window seat variant.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    LSM36 wrote: »
    I think these look pretty interesting, probably won’t rush to get them. But the book one is intriguing. The grunge one caught me off guard since they literally just did a poll for goth clothes. So I hope they don’t try to conflate the two. Or change their minds. But I’m down for having more alternative styles in game. This is a bit idk neater than I’d imagine a grunge kit, but the essence is there, plus it’s sims.

Grunge refers to a type or rock music popular in the 90s and the clothing style associated with it. It's not meant to be goth nor grungy. I love the scribbled on jeans, they bring back nice memories of high school.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Book Nook? Yes please!

As an avid reader and collector of vintage books, I vehemently approve of this message. :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain