Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    edited May 2023
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Yeah! Couple's can now have a difficult relationship dynamic in Growing Together. I noticed the difficult dynamic isn't available for uncle's and aunt's either. I hope we can get another update to fix it.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2023
    « Teens that get expelled from high school will no longer be able to reenroll ».

What ?! Nooo!! I play with aging off, you mean to tell me that my sims, who got expelled when I wasn’t even playing them (I didn’t want this and don’t even know what they did wrong), and are systematically expelled at the end of every school day ever since, is gonna be out of school forever ??
    No, please just make the “three strikes thingy” reset. I bought HSY to be able to use it.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Patch update sticks at 11% and won't go any further. Can't play the game because it forces the update.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    Patch update sticks at 11% and won't go any further. Can't play the game because it forces the update.

Mines was stuck at 9% but it continued downloading after I pressed paused, then continue again.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    This is the second update now where I've had to restart my laptop in order to get it to show up. Strange ...
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2023
    Dianesims wrote: »
    « Teens that get expelled from high school will no longer be able to reenroll ».

What ?! Nooo!! I play with aging off, you mean to tell me that my sims, who got expelled when I wasn’t even playing them (I didn’t want this and don’t even know what they did wrong), and are systematically expelled at the end of every school day ever since, is gonna be out of school forever ??
    No, please just make the “three strikes thingy” reset. I bought HSY to be able to use it.

Unbelievable, isn't it? Certainly not the solution I expected when I saw this point on the laundry list. My guess is that they couldn't figure out how to reset the strike system and just decided that not allowing expelled teenagers to re-enroll was the next best thing.

Well, now I'm definitely not updating until a modder fixes this. At the moment the patch doesn't even show up for me, but I can live without it. There isn't anything in the patch notes that I actually need.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    edited May 2023
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »

Mines was stuck at 9% but it continued downloading after I pressed paused, then continue again.

Mine is stuck at 9% too. I only wish I had found this comment before restarting my computer. Hopefully it works now.

Edit: It's working now. For anyone else who might have this issue, if pausing the download and resuming does work, try a computer restart.
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    Unfortunately mine updates automatically.

It’s way too easy to get a strike anyway, I mean sometimes my sims just can’t make it to the classroom on time because it takes forever to cross the school. Or they had fallen asleep.
    A lot of time they get strikes when I’m not even playing them, it’s not fair.

Unbelievable, isn't it? Certainly not the solution I expected when I saw this point on the laundry list. My guess is that they couldn't figure out how to reset the strike system and just decided that not allowing expelled teenagers to re-enroll was the next best thing.

Well, now I'm definitely not updating until a modder fixes this. At the moment the patch doesn't even show up for me, but I can live without it. There isn't anything in the patch notes that I actually need.

• Options
    Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    Unfortunately mine updates automatically.

If you use the EA app you can go into settings and at the top you'll see My Account, Application, Download, etc...Click the word download and the bottom half should say updates and have an option to Update games automatically, just turn that off and the game will no longer update automatically. I did this because of how bad some of the patches break the game.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    This is the second update now where I've had to restart my laptop in order to get it to show up. Strange ...

Same.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,449 Member
    @Dianesims for the taking too long to get from point A to point B try this: pause the game, move the camera to where you want sim to go (ie: classroom & shift-click on the floor then choose "teleport here" (make sure they're standing first). Unpause & your sim should go where you told them to. You may know this already, but a reminder never hurts 🙂. I almost always dothis, saves a lot of time lol.
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    Surprised the patch notes post didn't include pictures of the new scars (interesting they're male specific, makes me very curious) and color swatches since last time they did for the new underwear and item slots on tubs and toilets.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Has the Top Notch Toddler bug been fixed in this update?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Wait what they expel teens you do not even actively play? I also play with aging off my teens remain teens a long time I do not want all of them locked out of high school with no way to fix it besides remaking the teen and deleting the old one.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I suggest turning off automatic updates.
    Also before a patch update copy ur game on a big USB drive & uninstalled mods/ccs.
  • Options
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Has the Top Notch Toddler bug been fixed in this update?

@Brd709 I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes.
  • Options
    Yes that happened to several of my teens ;(
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Wait what they expel teens you do not even actively play? I also play with aging off my teens remain teens a long time I do not want all of them locked out of high school with no way to fix it besides remaking the teen and deleting the old one.

• Options
    There's a thread if you'd like to share your feedback on expelled teens.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1008916/expelled-teens-need-to-be-able-to-reenroll#latest
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2023
    Either fortunately or unfortunately - I do wish that they would fix the older bugs I have but I also want to play - this update, just like the last one, seems to be about the new packs and bugs I don't have. So hopefully it did not break something anew
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2023
    nvm wrong thread
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited May 2023
    I’m just wary of the console changes. I just got used to it after the last changes and now they changed it again, and changed the speed buttons?

I’m sorry but console players weren’t asking Devs to go back and change it some more, they wanted an option to use the old controls and the community was very clear on this. It really seems to me like rather than hurt some developers feelings and accept the redesign failed and change it back they just want to keep pushing with a PC control scheme on a console.

I’ll give it a chance and everything but I don’t like “we heard you and listened to you” because no one was asking to change the game speed button. The problem in the first place was changing things people had gotten used to over years, I’m not sure changing more of them is the right move here.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited May 2023
    I didn't see a patch number in the notes. There is a hotfix for part of MCCC, but the game number isn't matching. Face/palm. Please help.

ETA: Never mind, I found out what game version I now have after the patch. It's all good. Thank you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Is it just me or is there much more steps and it takes way longer to download packs and updates with the new Ea app. I used to have downloading, installing and finishing up with origin, but with the Ea app I have preparing, downloading, applying, verifying then finalizing. It feels as if it is taking way longer than usual. Anyways just wondered, hopping in game now to check all my mods ;)
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I suggest turning off automatic updates.
    Also before a patch update copy ur game on a big USB drive & uninstalled mods/ccs.

If it’s just a bug fix patch it hopefully won’t be too bad, but good idea to keep an eye on things anyway.