Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Hi @BuildnShare --- My game won't load, and it says it failed to launch and is a problem on their end.

I can't get my build in by April 30 if that isn't fixed today. I've tried to get it to start, but I keep getting that message. :(

Thanks,

Coolsim

Oh no! The app can be so buggy sometimes. Just go ahead and submit your entry when you can.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Thanks so very much @BuildnShare :)! I really appreciate it B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2023
    BUILD entry
    CHALLENGE #172 - Spring Designer Showdown 2023
    FORUM ID: SerraNolwen
    ORIGIN ID: SerraNolwen
    LEVEL: Established? Still not sure
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Watermelon Home (Originally on the Bargain Bend lot)
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 127,258
    TOTAL COST: 129,258 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Imgur slideshow
    ENTRY DETAILS: I picked the bottom red egg for this challenge. The first thing that caught my eye was the cute watermelon mat, so I drew inspiration from that to build a pink, red and green house (with some neutrals, of course). The mix of very modern and more rustic items, bright red items and pastel flowers threw me for a loop for a moment, but I decided to try mixing the styles, so I built a more traditional looking home and decorated it as if some older fixtures and valuable furniture had been kept, while newer items were brought in and some parts of the house (mainly the kitchen and basement bathroom) were fully renovated. I tried to help everything fit nicely together still through the color scheme. I hope it worked!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)

cGnshvd.png

DSXLjhx.png

Post edited by SerraNolwen on
  • Options
    seabenseaben Posts: 631 Member
    BUILD entry
    FORUM ID: seaben
    ORIGIN ID: seaben06
    LEVEL: Beginner???
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: the spring farmhouse (Originally on the lot potters splay)
    NEW LOT LINK: i haven't been able to use the gallery since october of 2021 so i can't upload this lot (i could provide tray files if anybody wants to download this lot)
    LOT COST: ??? i'm not sure how to check
    GALLERY COST: roughly 108,000
    TOTAL COST: 108,000 Simoleons
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/PH3Nxh2
    ENTRY DETAILS: I picked the bottom right teal egg for this challenge. i haven't opened the game since december and i've barely played in the last few years so i'm a little rusty. when i picked the teal egg i immediately thought farmhouse the concept i had in mind was a house that's been in the family for years and the family is renovating the house so some of the rooms look more upto date and others look slightly older i also wanted to make this house look lived in but i'm not to experienced with making lived in houses so any advice/criticism is very welcome!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM : Yes, please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)XMA17CD.pnghxE5REp.png
    my sims 3 shell challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/974534/the-sims-3-shell-challenge-corner-challenge-4-due-july-31th/p1 or check out my sims blog https://seabensims.wordpress.com/ my Wishlist is seaben06 on the sims 3 store and my oid is also seaben06
  • Options
    az314az314 Posts: 15 Member
    BUILD entry
    FORUM ID: az314
    ORIGIN ID: azel314
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Little House
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery website is refusing to cooperate, will try again in the morning.
    LOT COST: 3,081
    GALLERY COST:40,000
    TOTAL COST: 43,081
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/gel40v6
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the red egg
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Fixed the link for you. :)
    az314 wrote: »
    BUILD entry
    FORUM ID: az314
    ORIGIN ID: azel314
    LEVEL: Beginner
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Little House
    NEW LOT LINK: Gallery website is refusing to cooperate, will try again in the morning.
    LOT COST: 3,081
    GALLERY COST:40,000
    TOTAL COST: 43,081
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/gel40v6
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the red egg
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:

image.png
  • Options
    BNS #172 Spring Designer Showdown is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Done!
    Pictures are all set!
    Thanks again @BuildnShare B)!

My game let me in for a few minutes last night, but now, it won't let me back in yet and I'm not sure why. I couldn't get the pictures done last night before not being able to get in game again.

Update: I just got back in game, again, so, I will get the pictures in today asap! B)

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dock Den
    NEW LOT LINK:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1255C635E7CF11ED80F8DBF0E623206E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: §2,000
    GALLERY COST: §148,103
    TOTAL COST: §150,103
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/B13oO6a
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Flower Bunny loves eggs so much that he lives in a house with rooms that are all shaped with eggs! It's spring, and he just purchased some bees. He painted his "eggs" to match the yellow and black of the bees' coats. His old furniture was black, so he added some new yellow furniture, as well, and it's the perfect place for his new science baby in her yellow and black nursery.
    Note: I took the yellow egg.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    caExik6.png
    street view
    bvkCZnI.png
    the nursery --- accommodates a baby, infant or toddler
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Friends from College

You get up from your desk to greet your new clients, shaking hands firmly with the trio of young adults. Once everyone has a beverage and introduced themselves, you ask what they need to have built.
    "Well," says the dark-haired George Bennett, "we rented a small house during the last year of college, and we found we get along really well together. Just beginning our professional lives, we thought we would save money and go in on a new home together."
    "We love having common rooms, like the kitchen and a great room," added green-eyed Kelly Drew, "but we all also need our separate bedrooms and work spaces. We will all be working from home."
    "We also all love different colors in our separate spaces and more neutrals in the common areas," commented Andy Spears, who was lounging comfortably in jeans a tee shirt.
    "So what colors and what professions are we talking about?" you ask with a smile. So far everything is a bit vague.
    "The artist loves bright yellow, and the writer is into hues of blue like the ocean." Andy pauses.
    Kelly laughs. "And our fashion designer loves gray."
    Everyone joins in the laughter.
    "Are there any other common rooms that you specifically want? And does everyone need their own bathroom?" you asking, taking notes of their needs.
    "Ahh, no shared bathrooms! That was a mess we were trying to forget at the last house. And a half bath for guests," George says.
    "And we do need a laundry room." Andy thinks a few seconds. "I want a porch to hang out on, anyone else?"
    "Agreed," Kelly seconds. "Not sure if we can afford it, but we do movie nights every weekend, so maybe a separate media room?" The other two nod.
    "And that brings us to the budget. How much can we spend?" you ask cautiously.
    "We are all putting in $75,000, so a total of $225,000." George states matter-of-factly. "We have all done tons of side jobs through college so we could have a good start in life."
    "That is awesome! You three are miles ahead of the usually newly-graduated professional!" You smile at each one in turn. "I can have your new home ready in about a month. How does that sound?"
    The three young people cheer at you, and you all chat and laugh as you walk them out of the office. You vaguely envy their youth with a short sigh as you head back to your design desk.
    The Brief:
    *Any of the names could go for either/any gender.
    *You decide which profession and favorite color goes with which name.
    *Budget: $225,000, including the price of the lot you choose.
    *Three separate spaces including a bathroom, bedroom, and work room each, using the favorite colors in the decorating.
    *Common rooms, including a kitchen, a laundry room, a great room, a half bath, a porch, and a media room/home theatre, using more neutral colors.
    *Landscape the yard.

Room Challenge:
    *create the media room for $25,000 or less.

Sim Challenge:
    *create the trio of friends.
    *choose all traits/likes/dislikes.
    *please show all their clothes selections.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns173 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Wednesday, May 31st, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Update:
    Done! @BuildnShare! :)
    I just got back in game, again, so, I will get the pictures in today asap @BuildnShare! B)
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    az314az314 Posts: 15 Member
    > @az314 said:
    > BUILD entry
    > CHALLENGE #172 - Spring Designer Showdown 2023
    > FORUM ID: az314
    > ORIGIN ID: azel314
    > LEVEL: Beginner
    > SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Little House
    > NEW LOT LINK: Gallery website is refusing to cooperate, will try again in the morning.
    > LOT COST: 3,081
    > GALLERY COST:40,000
    > TOTAL COST: 43,081
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/gel40v6
    > ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the red egg
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    > SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)

IDK how to edit my comment to add the gallery link. I finally got it to load. [Link](https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/43E100DFE7BF11ED848CBBDE0A17B9B0?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Azel314&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false)
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    az314 wrote: »
    > @az314 said:
    > BUILD entry
    > CHALLENGE #172 - Spring Designer Showdown 2023
    > FORUM ID: az314
    > ORIGIN ID: azel314
    > LEVEL: Beginner
    > SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Little House
    > NEW LOT LINK: Gallery website is refusing to cooperate, will try again in the morning.
    > LOT COST: 3,081
    > GALLERY COST:40,000
    > TOTAL COST: 43,081
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/gel40v6
    > ENTRY DETAILS: I chose the red egg
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
    > SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)

IDK how to edit my comment to add the gallery link. I finally got it to load. [Link](https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/43E100DFE7BF11ED848CBBDE0A17B9B0?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Azel314&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false)

You can't because you're a new member. But thanks for the link. It'll be copied and pasted into tour entry form.
    image.png
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #171 - Four Square
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Ll71I0W.png

BuildnShare are looking for judges. If anyone is interested please message us :)

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Welcome to Build-n-Share. #BNS 173 Friends from College
    BDwEqKb.jpg

Friends from College

You get up from your desk to greet your new clients, shaking hands firmly with the trio of young adults. Once everyone has a beverage and introduced themselves, you ask what they need to have built.
    "Well," says the dark-haired George Bennett, "we rented a small house during the last year of college, and we found we get along really well together. Just beginning our professional lives, we thought we would save money and go in on a new home together."
    "We love having common rooms, like the kitchen and a great room," added green-eyed Kelly Drew, "but we all also need our separate bedrooms and work spaces. We will all be working from home."
    "We also all love different colors in our separate spaces and more neutrals in the common areas," commented Andy Spears, who was lounging comfortably in jeans a tee shirt.
    "So what colors and what professions are we talking about?" you ask with a smile. So far everything is a bit vague.
    "The artist loves bright yellow, and the writer is into hues of blue like the ocean." Andy pauses.
    Kelly laughs. "And our fashion designer loves gray."
    Everyone joins in the laughter.
    "Are there any other common rooms that you specifically want? And does everyone need their own bathroom?" you asking, taking notes of their needs.
    "Ahh, no shared bathrooms! That was a mess we were trying to forget at the last house. And a half bath for guests," George says.
    "And we do need a laundry room." Andy thinks a few seconds. "I want a porch to hang out on, anyone else?"
    "Agreed," Kelly seconds. "Not sure if we can afford it, but we do movie nights every weekend, so maybe a separate media room?" The other two nod.
    "And that brings us to the budget. How much can we spend?" you ask cautiously.
    "We are all putting in $75,000, so a total of $225,000." George states matter-of-factly. "We have all done tons of side jobs through college so we could have a good start in life."
    "That is awesome! You three are miles ahead of the usually newly-graduated professional!" You smile at each one in turn. "I can have your new home ready in about a month. How does that sound?"
    The three young people cheer at you, and you all chat and laugh as you walk them out of the office. You vaguely envy their youth with a short sigh as you head back to your design desk.
    The Brief:
    *Any of the names could go for either/any gender.
    *You decide which profession and favorite color goes with which name.
    *Budget: $225,000, including the price of the lot you choose.
    *Three separate spaces including a bathroom, bedroom, and work room each, using the favorite colors in the decorating.
    *Common rooms, including a kitchen, a laundry room, a great room, a half bath, a porch, and a media room/home theatre, using more neutral colors.
    *Landscape the yard.

Room Challenge:
    *create the media room for $25,000 or less.

Sim Challenge:
    *create the trio of friends.
    *choose all traits/likes/dislikes.
    *please show all their clothes selections.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns173 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Wednesday, May 31st, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    What? No questions or discussions about the new challenge? Does this mean we are all hard at work on it or hate it?
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    What? No questions or discussions about the new challenge? Does this mean we are all hard at work on it or hate it?

I’m hard at work! 😊
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @iampes23 Busy working on it. Enjoying the large budget.
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited May 2023
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #173
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - College Friends
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Cookout Lookout
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5C98CCF6EDC611ED81A6ABE2FB754142?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false

GALLERY COST: 190128
    Lot cost:2000
    TOTAL COST:192128
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/HGgtlyZ
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC art from the gallery

This Lovely, base game-only home is ready for our three college grads to move in. There are 3 suites in this home, with ample space for working and living in each of the suites. The common areas are also spacious, allowing for group hangouts, and personal space. The home does feature a quiet room on the first floor, that can be used for reading, playing music, or whatever the quiet room needs to be used for. The yard is also spacious, with plenty of room to chill and enjoy the nice sunny days.

SaChjbC.png

2tOILjb.png
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member

BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #173 Friends from College
    Sims OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - College Friends
    FORUM ID: Becka28
    ORIGIN ID: beckablitz
    SIMS 4 Gallery Household NAME: Friends from college
    Slideshow & Lookbooks: Slideshow

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: poses by Beto, Helgatisha and Dukeness

Shots of Household - full outfits and descriptions in slideshow
    from left to right: Andy, George and Kelly.
    LPbigdVl.png
    zBAI1xEl.png
    TWh9Vuhl.png
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #170 - Forbidden Love

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #163 - Summer Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #164 - The Hawthorne Project XV

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #166 - Fall Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited June 2023
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #173
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM - College Friends
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Robels Point
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F1C29763F4D911ED84A5BBDE0A17B9B0?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false

GALLERY COST: 219,389
    Lot cost:5600
    TOTAL COST:224989
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/YdFdd4d
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC art from the gallery

This three bedroom home is specifically designed for creative professionals. There's a workplace, bedroom and bathroom for an artist, a writer and fashion designer! The design is modern inside with a fun game room. The backyard is very romantic to woo their dates! There's a bbq, pool, gazebo, and garden .

Top View:
    Bottom floor

9Y4eggV.png

2nd floor

dyLCOC1.png

Top floor

GzYQc1J.png
    Photos:
    IHKSsCa.png

C5VZbwN.png
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg