Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited March 2023
    Have the devs fixed Dine Out so that it works? I don't know because I've been using Carl's Dine Out Reloaded mod for several months now. It works like a dream, but I am still curious if the actual pack has been fixed.

@DaniRose2143 Here's the current list of open issues for Dine Out
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/6374117#DO8

I use and enjoy restaurants very often from the customer's perspective. I've never tried owning one.

I still need to reset chefs when I enter a restaurant lot. That's a bug

The restaurant needs to have not too many tables for the number of chef stations and waiter stations, otherwise they will get way behind on serving customers. (That's by design)

Sometimes when a large party of sims gets too many conversation actions queued up in a row, they do that thing where the game can't cope and it makes them T-pose for a moment and drop all their actions. That's game-wide, not a Dine Out bug, but the trouble with Dine Out is that the eating actions are dropped along with everything else, and there's no way to get NPCs you're dining with to start eating again. If you don't mind just sitting back down at the table with them and seeing if they are still hungry enough to eat autonomously, this is not really a problem, but some people get upset when their dining companions don't clean their plates :)

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    edited March 2023
    Have the devs fixed Dine Out so that it works? I don't know because I've been using Carl's Dine Out Reloaded mod for several months now. It works like a dream, but I am still curious if the actual pack has been fixed.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/6374117#DO8

I use and enjoy restaurants very often from the customer's perspective. I've never tried owning one.

The restaurant needs to have not too many tables for the number of chef stations and waiter stations, otherwise they will get way behind on serving customers. (That's by design)

Sometimes when a large party of sims gets too many conversation actions queued up in a row, they do that thing where the game can't cope and it makes them T-pose for a moment and drop all their actions. That's game-wide, not a Dine Out bug, but the trouble with Dine Out is that the eating actions are dropped along with everything else, and there's no way to get NPCs you're dining with to start eating again. If you don't mind just sitting back down at the table with them and seeing if they are still hungry enough to eat autonomously, this is not really a problem, but some people get upset when their dining companions don't clean their plates :)

@Coconut27 I highly recommend Carl’s Dine Out mod. I very rarely run into issues. When I do it’s because of something I did because I was micromanaging actions and interrupted things. If I stay out of the way waiters take and deliver orders properly. Cooks show up and do their thing too. The diners eat unless their hunger motive is full. I haven’t tried it as a restaurant owner though.

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

yes my two main issues with dine out when i dont have my mods on is i must ALWAYS reset chefs as soon as i get to the lot or they wont move, and sometimes sims completely reset and i have to have them sit back down and eat.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

@Coconut27 I highly recommend Carl’s Dine Out mod. I very rarely run into issues. When I do it’s because of something I did because I was micromanaging actions and interrupted things. If I stay out of the way waiters take and deliver orders properly. Cooks show up and do their thing too. The diners eat unless their hunger motive is full. I haven’t tried it as a restaurant owner though.

yes, I finally updated my mods yesterday and got it!! I already see such a huge difference. still minor bugs but nothing major and makes the dining out experience way less of a pain for my sims and myself haha. I'm excited to try it out from the restaurant owner perspective.
  • Options
    CatSimerCatSimer Posts: 16 Member
    I didn't hate babies before the update. They were bland - sure, but what would you expect from newborns?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Realism play is so boring. Zzz...
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited March 2023
    I feel that NPC gardeners are for players who want free money but don't want to cheat given that the only plants they take care of are the harvestable plants, and don't want to put in that much effort themselves. Compare that to TS1 where flower beds and potted plants needed to be watered, and in the Sims 2 where flower beds need to be watered and shrubs trimmed. I hope yardwork returns in the Sims 5 to justify their existence.

It reminds me of the players who when Cottage Living, filled their garden with cows, chickens and llamas, then complained that their industrial farming operation takes up too much of their time and demanded EA adds a farmhand service NPC, completely missing the point that it is a homesteading pack and it is a situation they put themselves in. No doubt some of these people turn around and say the game is to easy and not challenging enough.
    Post edited by Thetford on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    I love gardening and keep all my produce and harvestables for cooking, potions, flower arranging, etc.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I hate Windenberg.

Not because it’s badly made or anything, the world is gorgeous, there’s tons of lots, and I love all the families, but I never was really in love with the theme. And now that the worlds are getting smaller and smaller, I wish instead of having a large Windenberg, we could’ve had a large Brindleton Bay or Copperdale. I recognize this is just down to personal taste, but I’ve personally found the aesthetics of a sleepy New England coastal town or a run-down forested Appalachian mining town to be much more appealing and just vibey than Windenberg.

I totally understand why some people would have it as their fav, and I don’t think it’s bad, I just wish that same size could’ve been applied to a different world.
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I wish there was an option to give an infant a bottle while they sit on the floor.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love the gardening/farming in the Sims 4 that came with Cottage Living! It is a challenge to manage animals and gardens, but that is what makes it fun for me. Plus the ability to live off the land, and the ability to can your produce for future use.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited April 2023
    I kind of think skills should decay over time unless maintained through practice.
  • Options
    Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    I miss having cars in TS4...
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2023
    Since when CAS, BB or even a new world marks quality for a new pack? The Sims 4 has become a visual game where yeah, you can make your simself in the game!!! Oh, that's it.

I don't get why some people say a pack is worth it just because of the clothes or a new sofa, really I will never understand this. And one thing that infuriates me is when that people who want the clothing but NOT the gameplay complain because it's too intrusive!!! in a game they barealy play and then the team nerf or even remove those features.
  • Options
    Hoss38Hoss38 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @HowGreatThouArt said:
    > I don't enjoy torturing my Sims and usually give them great lives. :#

Same even though it gets boring sometimes.
  • Options
    I hate the skin tones that make my sims look dead and muddy.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I kind of like the newborn stage. :#
  • Options
    > @becks1112 said:
    > I kind of like the newborn stage. :#

Same, at least it's better than having a toddler or infant!
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I still prefer toddler to infant, though I do appreciate all of the effort and animations they put into infants! I did have one for about 5 sim days before aging up (I play aging off until I do it).
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited April 2023
    My dislike for Aliens is my strongest feeling about the Sims. Eughh just saying their name makes me shudder.

I've despised aliens ever since I played the Sims 2. I despise the abduction pregnancies. I despise the pollination technicians. I despise the mind wiping. And I most definitely did not like having to worry about my male population being scientists or using telescopes. If I play a game and it has aliens I'm using mods to disable them entirely, and any that get past meet the walled pool.

If it wasn't for Johnny Smith I don't think there'd ever be a single case I've remotely liked an alien in the Sims series, his father still gets the ladderless pool for his crimes though.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im so so so tired of pretty suburban worlds and small town aesthetics that we've been getting for new worlds. If I cant get my sims to live in the hood, I want an actual new city world to live in. Im tired of just using San Myshuno for my city sims and San Sequoia is just not a city.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I extremely like the following Kits:
    Oasis Courtyard
    Decor to the Max
    Fashion Street
    Little Campers
    Blooming Room
    Greenhouse Haven
    Pop Pastel
    Midnight Chic
    Country Kitchen
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2023
    Im so so so tired of pretty suburban worlds and small town aesthetics that we've been getting for new worlds. If I cant get my sims to live in the hood, I want an actual new city world to live in. Im tired of just using San Myshuno for my city sims and San Sequoia is just not a city.

Agreed - a new urban world with apartment blocks is sorely needed. San Sequoia just looks like any other American-inspired suburban world to me, so boring.
  • Options
    chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    There should be an option to opt out of non-human characters in packs that have them, so that players who want only human characters can access the pack content without having to worry about game ruined by the non-human characters.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top