Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on High School Years

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Today I noticed Savannah and Molly doing a “protesting” animation in the school. I was wondering what are they protesting about, but it turned out that they were recruiting to Computer and Chess clubs respectively. It was quite cute, my sim joined. I'm wondering if Cheer and Football clubs can be seen recruiting too, or are they already popular and don't need that. 😅
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    How do you sit cross legged on the bed? I managed to get a sim to only sit on their knees.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited July 2022
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Did you know that they no longer are advertising that you can use the laptop in bed? This pack is mainly a big list of "Can'ts" and "Nope. Not today little Simmer" and "We didn't have time."

It might be there but invisible in the pie menu cause of a bug.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    Graduating early allows teens to enroll in and attend university.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    How do you sit cross legged on the bed? I managed to get a sim to only sit on their knees.

If they are wearing skirts or dresses they sit on their knees I believe
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

If they are wearing skirts or dresses they sit on their knees I believe

Interesting, I didn't think of that, though it would make sense I suppose. I'll have to check again. Thanks.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    You can place a thrift store rack on a retail lot and it will function. So technically, you can create a thrift store without a boba tea shop (though it won't have fashion shows and poetry readings I suppose).
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    My teen Sim was contacted by the school & asked if she wanted to graduate early. I selected 'yes' (as I'm having tons of bugs with HS) & also I wanted to see what happened. She received a new trait & is now allowed to go to Uni as a teen! Super cool! Not sure if I want her to go to Uni...I actually never considered it....but that's an awesome feature to the pack.
  • Options
    belleceebellecee Posts: 47 Member
    My sim got expelled from High School. I was able to re-enroll him by selecting "High School student" under jobs but after the next school day was done I got a notification telling me he was expelled again :'(
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Someone might have mentioned it but the adults can ask to be woohoo partners now I feel like I should know what that means but I don't my sim was rejected and is humiliated I wonder what happens when they are down for it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Played for a few hours tonight.

My sim developed a crush on Wolfgang who wasn’t interested at all. Cassandra Goth became my sims best friend then developed a crush on my sim. Cassandra and Wolfgang had a fight in the classroom after class. My sim then developed a crush on Kevin Purl and asked him to prom. He said yes.

I noticed that despite having the requirements to reach Grade B for ages, my sim is still Grade C. Bug maybe?

Career day was okay but it would be cool if it did actually influence sims career choice in later life. Like maybe if a career could be a like/dislike preference.

Social bunny is fun, but I notice sometimes my sim has randomly posted about herself.

There are new sentiments from prom invitations. When my sim developed a crush she could reveal the crush and when clicking on herself she could think about crush, try to get over crush and write in diary about crush.

The potion for rerolling wants is new, I’ve always played by whims. As a whims player, I love the wants and the fact you can’t just cancel them off. However my sim got a want to clear a whiteboard after class but the option to do this has never appeared, only pranking the whiteboard.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Played for a few hours tonight.

My sim developed a crush on Wolfgang who wasn’t interested at all. Cassandra Goth became my sims best friend then developed a crush on my sim. Cassandra and Wolfgang had a fight in the classroom after class. My sim then developed a crush on Kevin Purl and asked him to prom. He said yes.

I noticed that despite having the requirements to reach Grade B for ages, my sim is still Grade C. Bug maybe?

Career day was okay but it would be cool if it did actually influence sims career choice in later life. Like maybe if a career could be a like/dislike preference.

Social bunny is fun, but I notice sometimes my sim has randomly posted about herself.

There are new sentiments from prom invitations. When my sim developed a crush she could reveal the crush and when clicking on herself she could think about crush, try to get over crush and write in diary about crush.

The potion for rerolling wants is new, I’ve always played by whims. As a whims player, I love the wants and the fact you can’t just cancel them off. However my sim got a want to clear a whiteboard after class but the option to do this has never appeared, only pranking the whiteboard.

James Turner had the stuck at C bug in his let's play. He had to send the student to school alone to get rid of it. Another 🪲 bug 🐛.
  • Options
    SorwaitteSorwaitte Posts: 11 New Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > I've got the cure for that one! Don't give them back hair to start with. LOL Eww back hair.

How can you have a werewolf and not make them as hairy as possible?
  • Options
    Someone might have mentioned it but the adults can ask to be woohoo partners now I feel like I should know what that means but I don't my sim was rejected and is humiliated I wonder what happens when they are down for it.

To be woohoo partners you have to ask about their woohoo interest inder romance.. Once you do under friendly look for ask to be woohoo partners. You will get rejected if the friendly relationship bar isn't maxed out.
  • Options
    Hmm alright thanks I'll have to try again. On that I wonder why more arent talking about the npc autonomy that people wanted. Does it do anything outside of your played home. I think thats why sims just let themselves in when they want to be bestfriends or go out with whomever they are there to see.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Gamer40008Gamer40008 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi guys ive been reading all the comments just wondering if u think this EP is worth getting
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Gamer40008 wrote: »
    Hi guys ive been reading all the comments just wondering if u think this EP is worth getting

I say no at the current moment. It's fun but is buggy and not worth the hype it was given.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Children can ride on the Ferris wheel and the Haunted House at the Pier. But not the Tunnel of Love, and they can't use the Photo booth.
  • Options
    Sometimes photobooth pictures come out blurry and with a gnome on them.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    There's a easter egg with some sims 2 music that plays around the cuddle cart ride. It's the one with the girl playing the piano on the tv if you know the one. Really sets the mood.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    There's also a sentiment called 'creeped out' usually from a sim rejecting another from best friend status. Had a sim come up to mind wanting to be BF's but they had a pretty bad relationship. Thought it was weird, derp.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Proms happen every week? Can I make them like they only happen like once or twice in my teen's life? And can I edit when they happen, etc?

The way SimGuru George explained it, is they're taking into account different families you'll play, kids aging up mid-week etc. they want Prom to be accessible to all teens regardless of how early or late they get added to your gameplay. Also, apparently it's been confirmed by LilSimsie that each teen can only experience Prom once. Once they've experienced it, it disappears from the calendar. Also remember Prom is optional so you don't have to go until your sim is ready.

George said his sim went to the prom 5 times in the game.

I read his statement as that he personally went to 5 proms so saw no reason why it should be limited in sims games. U hope it's not a one shot deal per teen as a lot of people go to it twice and it's called Junior/Senior prom because upperclassmen can go. Underclassmen could go at my school, if they were invited as the date, by an upperclassmen though so some people went to their schools proms all 4 years.

I thought it was neat the there was a "promise to skip prom together" option too! I would like to skip it at least once, and go at least once.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Gamer40008 wrote: »

Even with bugs, it is worth buying.
    The build items alone, make it worth it. They seem to bring the previous pack items into it, matching items up just got much easier. I have been using odd items from previous sets that I have never used before.
  • Options
    You can have more than one crush even if you're dating one.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    > @Gamer40008 said:
    > Hi guys ive been reading all the comments just wondering if u think this EP is worth getting

I am in love with most of the build/buy stuff. I've been happily building since the release. I adore art deco and there is so much pink and green that all my super girly sims are rejoicing. The world is beautiful, it's everything I was expecting with Moonwood Mills. I'm a bit salty over all the bugs but the items were worth it. I'm going to rebuild many of my older lots with the items in this EP.