Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know on High School Years

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,502 Member
    edited July 2022
    Adults can enter the school after hours.

The rental has a cinema in the basement.

Source
    James Turner

Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    Update
    Carnival Beats isn't a new radio station however it doesn't have the music I heard at the ice cream place on the pier.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,958 Member
    From Deligracy's CAS review, it turns out that there are actually three new personality traits:
    • Socially Awkward
    • Party Animal
    • Overachiever

I wonder why so much hype from SimGurus went to Socially Awkward trait while ignoring Party Animal trait in the livestream. Relatability I guess, but it would still be great to know the other traits.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    From Lilsimsie

Teens can ask your teen to be their boy/girlfriend and bestfriend.

Lilsimsie's sim got invited to the prom by another sim when she already had a prom date.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,905 Member
    I wonder why they don't just give us a chess board that can be placed on any table. Same goes for card game.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Lilsimsies prom date Noah was doing a sweetheart dance with Malcom when she got to the prom.

Romantic photobooth pictures can fail. Lilsimsies prom date pushed her away in the photobooth when she tried to kiss him.

Noah prefers male sims to females so be warned. He will reject romantic interactions with females.

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2022
    Can we place a school in every world we currently have or only in new world?

How many teens can attend, it looks around up 10 to 15?

In the YouTube video from uploader, photos do not appear in Inventory after doing poses in the photobooth. Someone said it must be a glitch. Thanks.
  • Options
    Chimp2678 wrote: »
    Can we place a school in every world we currently have or only in new world?

How many teens can attend, it looks around up 10 to 15?

In the YouTube video from uploader, photos do not appear in Inventory after doing poses in the photobooth. Someone said it must be a glitch. Thanks.

1)No. No schools in other worlds.
    2)Up to 18
    3)That was a bug. Lilsimsie got a photo out of her inventory and put it on the wall.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Phantasi33 wrote: »
    Proms happen every week? Can I make them like they only happen like once or twice in my teen's life? And can I edit when they happen, etc?

The way SimGuru George explained it, is they're taking into account different families you'll play, kids aging up mid-week etc. they want Prom to be accessible to all teens regardless of how early or late they get added to your gameplay. Also, apparently it's been confirmed by LilSimsie that each teen can only experience Prom once. Once they've experienced it, it disappears from the calendar. Also remember Prom is optional so you don't have to go until your sim is ready.

Okay that’s good to know. But it does make me wonder if another unplayed Sim will go to prom without my Sim and then won’t be able to go again later.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited July 2022
    Proms happen every week? Can I make them like they only happen like once or twice in my teen's life? And can I edit when they happen, etc?

The way SimGuru George explained it, is they're taking into account different families you'll play, kids aging up mid-week etc. they want Prom to be accessible to all teens regardless of how early or late they get added to your gameplay. Also, apparently it's been confirmed by LilSimsie that each teen can only experience Prom once. Once they've experienced it, it disappears from the calendar. Also remember Prom is optional so you don't have to go until your sim is ready.

Okay that’s good to know. But it does make me wonder if another unplayed Sim will go to prom without my Sim and then won’t be able to go again later.

See, I heard SimGuruGeorge say in the livestream that you could make the dance any sort of dance, so when I'd heard that lilsimsie said you can only go once, I asked him and he said you can go multiple times (So you can have a Homecomming and a Winter Formal and a Spring Fling, and then finally a Prom) so I'm not sure if something glitched on lilsimsie's playthrough, or if she missed something, or what.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

See, I heard SimGuruGeorge say in the livestream that you could make the dance any sort of dance, so when I'd heard that lilsimsie said you can only go once, I asked him and he said you can go multiple times (So you can have a Homecomming and a Winter Formal and a Spring Fling, and then finally a Prom) so I'm not sure if something glitched on lilsimsie's playthrough, or if she missed something, or what.

How do we make the dance any dance we want?
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,360 Member

The calendar will call it prom, but you can change up the theme of the dance by going and editing the "Formal Dance" layout for the Auditorium. So for Homecoming, I'd make sure it was in school colors and maybe had some sports memoribelia around. For Winter formal, whites/blues and decorations grabbed from Seasons. Spring Fling might be a "Love Day" dance or "Sadie Hawkins" (or at my school, they were one and the same) as examples.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

You sure? I was under the impression by GuruPopcorn that you can attend as many times you like, well as long as the sim is a teen.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,004 Member
    After watching James Turner's video I have some questions.

1. Can we make trendi outfits for the opposite sex? Like if we play as a guy, can we make girl outfits? I want to play a guy so he shaves but I don't want to have to play 2 sims to make the trendi outfits.
    2. When we do a funny or mean message thingie, do we get the comedy or mischief skill?
    3. Can we make outfits for young adults? I like that a lot of the CAS outfits don't show so much skin, I'd love to use them for my young adult sims.
    4. Can we go to high school 4 years? If we can, can we drop out after 3 1/2 years or sooner if we get tired of playing the high school?

The principal of the school was wearing a trendi outfit, so I assume teen through elder can wear the outfits,
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Id like to know if we could use the school with Get Together? Could you hold a club meeting there?
    That would be perfect for band practice or art classes, etc.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

1. Can we make trendi outfits for the opposite sex? Like if we play as a guy, can we make girl outfits? I want to play a guy so he shaves but I don't want to have to play 2 sims to make the trendi outfits.
    2. When we do a funny or mean message thingie, do we get the comedy or mischief skill?
    3. Can we make outfits for young adults? I like that a lot of the CAS outfits don't show so much skin, I'd love to use them for my young adult sims.
    4. Can we go to high school 4 years? If we can, can we drop out after 3 1/2 years or sooner if we get tired of playing the high school?

The principal of the school was wearing a trendi outfit, so I assume teen through elder can wear the outfits,

Thank you.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

The calendar will call it prom, but you can change up the theme of the dance by going and editing the "Formal Dance" layout for the Auditorium. So for Homecoming, I'd make sure it was in school colors and maybe had some sports memoribelia around. For Winter formal, whites/blues and decorations grabbed from Seasons. Spring Fling might be a "Love Day" dance or "Sadie Hawkins" (or at my school, they were one and the same) as examples.

I’m hoping a modder will add the option of removing the events from the calendar to set as we please. I get the reasoning but I’m gonna be playing on long and I don’t need to attend a dance every weekend. And even though I don’t have to go I don’t want it clogging up my calendar either.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Thank you.

I wish we could use that building for a Love Day Dance for Adults.
  • Options
    Gamer40008Gamer40008 Posts: 10 New Member
    Now that the early access is out, can anyone confirm that adults can sneak out of the house? Also can adults do cheering leading and the american football?

I would look myself but my phone is so slow to browse on.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Gamer40008 wrote: »
    Now that the early access is out, can anyone confirm that adults can sneak out of the house? Also can adults do cheering leading and the american football?

I would look myself but my phone is so slow to browse on.

Early access isn't out yet only Super Early Access is out. So far neither one of those questions have been answered. Super Early Access only let's them play with the base game and hsy. Early access let's them play with all the packs installed.

These 2 questions haven't been answered by the Game Changers or Gurus. Another question neither have answered is if adults can do the sweetheart dance. I've asked several gurus that and haven't got a response.

I would suspect number two is yes. I know for a fact adults will be able to play catch with the football and I'm sure if you put a cheerleading mat down they can cheerlead.
  • Options
    Gamer40008Gamer40008 Posts: 10 New Member
    Thanks Catloverplayer

My mom died in march so im hoping high school is a good addition to get back into playing the game and have an escape from reality for a while.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @Gamer40008, sorry to hear about your mom. My dad died in March, too. Hang in there!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,292 Member
    This is a question I have for premades.Can you edit there sexuality or is it lock?