Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Now Available! (Update From The Sims 7/29)

Comments

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    My adult Sims all seem to be cell phone addicts after the update. Everyone walks around with staring at their phones and clicking the buttons. My Sim stopped tending her garden and canceled everything just to use her phone. It may become annoying at some point, but now it was just funny.

Same here. I sent my sim on a hike and 99% of the hike he was playing with his cellphone. That beep noise is already driving me nuts!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2022
    Okay now that I'm in the right thread. I think something got broken. My rampaging werewolf Sim was still able to go on her phone when she was supposed to be uncontrollable and not at all like herself.
    FKEQCaV.png

And she pulling the phone out at random times even when she isn't rampaging.

:joy::joy: That's hilarious but also annoying. Like it wasn't bad enough that they already run with umbrellas. Hopefully all that will get fixed :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    WanevWanev Posts: 8 New Member
    All of my sims use their cell phones right in the middle of a conversation. Pretty rude. It might make sense for self-absorbed sims to do that but you would think most of the others would have better manners.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Kinda want to update, kinda don't with all the issues running amok. Would definitely be in a new save though - gotta protect my normal saves!
  • Options
    EuryphaessaEuryphaessa Posts: 11 New Member
    I'm having lots of bugs with this patch. I usually just put up with it until its fixed but these bugs are making the game unplayable. Firstly all my sims are totally obsessed with their phones, to the point of ignoring everything else. I have a town full of phone zombies! To make matters worse the camera keeps zooming in on some random sim looking at their phone on the other side of the map so I have to repeatedly bring the camera back to my active sim. The sims I am being forced to look at are just random townies, not anything to do with my actual sim. I also have the aging up bug and have been forced to turn aging off for the moment which is annoying as I love to see my other families aging up. I also have a bug where my elder sims can't retire, they start the phone conversation and then just sort of reset themselves mid conversation and nothing happens. Pretty disappointed with this patch so far, I hope they fix these errors very soon so I can play without tearing my hair out !
  • Options
    EuryphaessaEuryphaessa Posts: 11 New Member
    oh forgot to say in the above post that I have no cc or mods, the game is totally default.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @Euryphaessa the aging bug is known & they're working on it; the phone thing: yeah that needs to be toned down a bit. Hopefully they'll have a hotfix out soon.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    So glad I held off updating, won't be touching the game till the ageing bug is fixed. So disappointing.
    Don't like what I'm hearing about the phone either, had a bad feeling the phone overhaul might result in a phone obsession and it seems that's the case. Uuugh!
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I was afraid that using phones would become an obsession. I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but sounds like it did. I feel it is bad enough that sims are obsessive/compulsive with anything electronic or that they "like". It is why I stopped using like/dislike even though I was really excited about it, hoping it would give my sims more personality. I already get frustrated when playing and I have my sims set up to fill their very low needs like energy, hunger, and they stop what I gave them to do and go back to exercising or playing on the computer until close to death! I loved unexpected things happening in Sims 2 & 3, but this is too much! I haven't updated yet or tried my game due to aging bug, and won't until I see things are fixed. I love my Sims and enjoy Sims 4. I have been a loyal fan for many years and own most of the packs for Sims 4. If I play and find that I am unable to play in the way I love with my Sims because they are over obsessed with their phones (was bad enough before this update), I won't be able to enjoy playing. It makes me very sad that it has come to this much of an extreme. Maybe a mod will fix these issues, but with the amount I have spent on this game I should not have to use mods to be able to play it. I know mods are free, and will probably use them in the future, but when I buy a game it should be playable without mods! Sorry about the rant, but I am really upset over these issues. :(
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I think I will just stay on the werewolf-patch.

Mobile phone obsession is one of my least favorite sims-things. It gives me no joy to have sims ignoring other sims and activities over their phones.

I will just remain in the past and play on my old patch. Bummer that I miss the mountain excursion being fixed but is not worth every single sim being glued to their phone.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Think if I will have to only play off-the-grid without electronics but not sure if there is any way to avoid the phone. Is there any way to shut it off?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If they are going to keep forcing phone use down our throats WHY OH WHY CANT WE HAVE A PROPER OPTION TO TURN THE STUPID 🐸🐸🐸🐸 THING OFF PERMANENTLY.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I still wish there was a toggle to turn off the phone. Oh well. :'(
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Do you hate that thing to? I swear it takes me like 10 minutes in real life to figure out where everything is. :#
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    WedWed Posts: 174 Member
    After hearing about this phone bug, I now miss when phones were not required like in TS2, where you could buy both landline and mobile. :/
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited July 2022
    I don't know if this is related to the new patch, but the Sim family that I've been playing recently has two cats and they're both suddenly celebrities. The other one is a B-lister and the other one is rising star. The father of the family is a painter and he's only a notable newcomer, so his cats are bigger celebrities than he is. :D
    I've never had this happen in my game before, but at least it's funny. Maybe I'll make the cats Simstagram stars, so they will be proper celebrities. ;)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2022
    DITCH.THE. 💩💩💩. PHONES!

MAXIS we’re all begging here:

🔥PLEASE 💥PROVIDE💥A💥 PHONE💥 TOGGLE!!!!!!! 🔥

This is infuriating. It really is.

PLEASE. PLEASE! PLEASE!

*sobbing turns into wailing*

BECAUSE I HAPPEN TO WEAR SHORTS RIGHT NOW I’M BEGGING ON MY BARE KNEES!!! 😭
    *Howls along*

also I just know the umbrellas will continue to be glitchy forever so could we please make it so sims only gain them if you actually buy them and have them in inventory you know

and while we are at it same for the freaking earbuds even tho not particularily causing trouble why should our sims own them by default

and yes ive said it million times but ill say it again for the mysterious figure at the back

LET ME DISABLE RANDOMIZED TOWNIES thank.

okay I howl enough ill go hibernate now because i was outdoors for literally 5 minutes today and i got sun rash i wasnt even in the freaking direct sun

wheres my vampire starter package at
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I don't know if this is related to the new patch, but the Sim family that I've been playing recently has two cats and they're both suddenly celebrities. The other one is a B-lister and the other one is rising star. The father of the family is a painter and he's only a notable newcomer, so his cats are bigger celebrities than he is. :D
    I've never had this happen in my game before, but at least it's funny. Maybe I'll make the cats Simstagram stars, so they will be proper celebrities. ;)

yup, Ive noticed alot of overnight celebrities too...including their pets!
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member

I saw this on bug reports:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GF-All-Sims-Famous-after-patching/m-p/11667321#M220892

Can pets normally gain fame and be celebrities? I tried to google this a couple of days ago, but didn't find the answer... kind of thought they probably can't, but now I'm curious. My Mayor Whiskers would like to know... he has Nancy as his assistant and photographer, but I haven't got to play with them yet. I don't want Nancy to be famous though because she's just an assistant :sweat_smile:

Also the werewolves and umbrellas bug report:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/S-W-Broken-Animation-when-Rampaging-Werewolf-Runs-With-Umbrella/m-p/11598484#M218997
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Do you hate that thing to? I swear it takes me like 10 minutes in real life to figure out where everything is. :#

I haven't downloaded the update yet (waiting on mod updates and bug fixes) but I have read the patch notes and I saw the reveal about the phone update during the HSY stream, and I was not happy. I wish we didn't have the update forced upon us (another reason I'm waiting, honestly). Did people ask for the phone to be changed? Does everything have to be ultra modern now?

Then again, I wish we could do away with phones in the game entirely, if we wanted to. Occasionally I play saves where the phones are completely anachronistic. I'm happy we can turn off the phone calls by muting phones but I admit that I personally didn't see the need for the upgrade.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JadeysamaJadeysama Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone have the mental health mod by zero? Im sure it broken but how do I fix it? :( Send help lol
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member

-The additional ”glued to phone walkstyle” however……this stuff actually worries me. It makes my blood boil me when folks do this in real life. There have been countless times I’ve had to hit the breaks of my car due to some brainless primate randomly crossing the road, their eyes glued to their smart phones. They’re only engaged with social media traffic. Lethal fast steel machines on wheels thundering towards them do not seem to faze these absolute numbskulls. They should be glad I’m an alert driver and others are too. 🤬

I’m very surprised that Maxis promotes this behavior in the game without repercussion. I wouldn’t mind if one of the consequences is a new kind of death (what else could it be? Sims is “satire” after all) but by the looks of it all sims just wander around like this, the absolute fools.

DITCH.THE. 💩💩💩. PHONES!

MAXIS we’re all begging here:

🔥PLEASE 💥PROVIDE💥A💥 PHONE💥 TOGGLE!!!!!!! 🔥

Yes, please!

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.