The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Livestream Discussion (Livestream Today)

Comments

• Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,033 Member
    Not all sim gurus are like that. Graham appears to be always prepared and I love his streams. He speaks clearly, knows what he’s talking about, and knows how to show off the assets. He doesn’t show off the items at a distance so we can’t even see them or zoom all over the place.
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    Yeah it seemed kind of messy and they don’t seem enthusiastic about it. And the fact someone kept telling them to turn down the audio. I couldn’t hear any of the game audio which made the wedding worse imo.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited February 2022
    Is it just me, or were they playing on a lower graphic setting? I had the video in 1080p, and everything still looked...low-ish quality.
    • The dresses and suits...dear god...The creases, wrinkles, low-quality textures, and bland colours didn't do it for me (not to mention the 20 dresses for female sims vs. the 12 suits for the males...)
    • Still "cooking" cakes, huh?
    • The cake was glitched when cut to feed to each other. It showed it as cut for a frame or two, then back to a full cake.
    • The "cut cake" interaction failed. Who's surprised at this point?
    • Ah, a beach lot...I know a world just dying for one of those...
    • No attraction system, perhaps we might get like/dislikes related to the weddings, but they didn't show any of it, if so.
    • Take a shot everytime she says "lore".
    • The tea set animation hurt to watch, not to mention the design. Hopefully it was just them using an awful quality in their game.
    • The little flowers in the "necklaces" section. Can't wait for townies to spawn with those...
    • The lack of activities in the setup menu for the wedding. Reminds me of a similar feature in need of more activities...*cough* holidays *cough*
    All in all...meh. I wasn't planning on buying it anyway (not at full price, and not until Russia got it), but this did its job in making it a "pass" for me. Was hoping to hear more about the upcoming patch, but very little was said about it. I was hoping there was a new "church" venue for cult plays and such, but I suppose I got what I expected...very little.

Ah well, back to it.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Hahaha, that tiny wedding party, Flower Pal got too close when throwing the petals, and then the funny and awkward moment when bride walked away from the altar to put down her bouquet! 💐 😄 They should have invited more folks so it looks more lively (and to see how event goes with bigger parties).

It was cute that the Flower Pal and the guests did react to the actual marriage event. 🙂

Still watching livestream in between chores, so I’ll have to see how the slow dancing is, but there does seem to be silly Sim AI or bug moments, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    I hope the gamechangers are getting it early.. to show off some of the things they didn't
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    I was bored during that LS, they also seemed pretty bored.

I feel like they could of showed some of the other events and more wedding gameplay. Like why not show off the officiants and sim of honours?
    Coukd of showed the hairs and veils.

The glitches though. Showed main wedding activities and all of them went wrong.

It's not even how much they showed but how they talked about things. As someone who studies marketing I'm usually very unimpressed with those pre-pack livestreams. They either try to hype up the most irrelevant things making it feel like they have barely anything to show, or they talk sounding all bored not trying to sell the fantasy whatsoever.

No offence to the gurus, but being good at creating stuff does not automatically mean you're also good at convincing people that the stuff you create is worth their money. They need to be more selective when choosing livestream hosts
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,401 Member
    edited February 2022
    It seemed very buggy even with just the base game. I feel like it's not going to go so well with all the packs. :#
    I did love the world and that Dominique and Camille as elders were there. The pack just seems so limited, I'm confused, it felt very small as a game pack.
    The livestream was very weird and rushed, almost like there wasn't much to show. I wished that they'd shown us more gameplay, more options.
    I didn't get a clear view of the pack with this livestream. I'm definitely going to have to watch few game changers videos about the pack until I decide when to purchase it. The only thing I know is that I want the pack because of Tartosa, it looked gorgeous.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    they didn't show much.. of the new pack
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2022
    The energy was just low. I do not understand why the devs did not plan a bigger wedding - no officiant, ring bearer, or sim of honor. No look at the toasting feature or the new group dancing. Makes me feel like this is another buggy pack. Other thoughts -

- No information regarding the other events, for example, what makes a Bach party so different from the usual party or using the club feature from Get Together. Are we getting an experience similar to Sims 3 Generations? Dancers, champagne popping, and guests passing out? Also, why would the engaged sim plan their own Bach party, shouldn't the Sim of Honor invite them out?

- Slow dancing, is it tied to the new dance floor or the stereo? I want my sims to be able to slow dance anywhere.

- We never saw the veils or any other accessories.

- Do we need to travel to this world to fully plan our weddings? I saw the flower stall in the catalog but for cake tasting and the wedding boutique will there be a lot we can install in any world?

Hopefully, early access will happen soon and we will find out more. This stream again was lackluster.

Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member

I feel like they could of showed some of the other events and more wedding gameplay. Like why not show off the officiants and sim of honours?
    Coukd of showed the hairs and veils.

The glitches though. Showed main wedding activities and all of them went wrong.

Yeah, I wanted to see the officiants too
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Not all sim gurus are like that. Graham appears to be always prepared and I love his streams. He speaks clearly, knows what he’s talking about, and knows how to show off the assets. He doesn’t show off the items at a distance so we can’t even see them or zoom all over the place.

Yeah he is really good. I think honestly we are so used to simmers who stream professionally now who do it so well, it is just a stark comparison. Most gurus are not professional streamers so of course won't be as good, I can't fault them, they work on the sims which is what they're good at. Some like Graham are naturally good, but most people in general probably aren't. They need to get someone in to lead them, probably who is a professional streamer, who can do a great job at showing off a pack. I should walk away from a stream feeling exited and wanting it immediately, not neutral and still confused as to what the pack actually contains.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The livestream is nice until the buggy Wedding bit, lol, haha.

I was surprised they didn’t show if there were any veils or such, though. I would have also liked to see what a Bach party and rehearsal dinner party were like, too.

I loved seeing parts of the world and many of the cake options with the cute cake toppers, and a sneak peek at the calendar options, though.
    I hope the gamechangers are getting it early.. to show off some of the things they didn't

Yeah, I’m still getting this pack, but I feel the Game Changers and YouTubers would show more of the pack, for sure! :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member

My thoughts exactly. Didn’t sound excited about anything. Got the wrong simguru or something. Not to mention how there were things that weren’t covered. Yes, it’s an hour, but quite a bit wasn’t covered, which is a first iirc. Also, not sure why they don’t zoom in at some points. I wanted to see the details up close.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,137 Member
    edited February 2022
    The livestream was little confusing but then again its really hard to show off the whole pack in like one hour so tbh im just impressed sims got their wedding finished at all :lol:

I didn't catch much info I didn't already know but it was lovely seeing the couple dance for longer time and it was nice to see sims don't need to have counter for the tea set to function (now i just need to know if they can pick up the mugs while sitting)

I think gamechangers will anyway go over all of it in more depth tho and there was probably lot of stuff you could dig into if you paused the screen for a bit so someone probably did and I'll just wait for the revelations :lol:

world is bigger than i thought actually i was half expecting the big house at back of village center to be annoying deco one but I'm hyped it isn't

I love that sims can make bouquets and carry them wherever whenever and place them down in vase and its not just a wedding thing
    I love that you can keep cake topper and add messages

bottled messages sounds fun and its good and at least aisle seems to have blank option so thats neat
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    I honestly wasn't paying attention to the livestream very much once I saw the world. I guess I'll be honest at that point and say it's the world that's the whole reason why I'm getting the pack, especially once I saw the lot sizes. I've got an idea I'd like to play out, and felt a different world would be nice, and Tartosa's climate and environment seems like a good chance for that.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,453 Member
    This buggy laggy wedding without guests, filmed from the far distance, will become one of the iconic moments of the franchise :D It looked like a parody of Sims 1.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited February 2022
    Honestly, these livestreams are just... well, really awkward to watch. I'm feeling the second-hand embarrassment from watching all those funky glitches and weird routing. I get that they're working from home, and that they're probably not used to livestreaming in the same way that a professional is, but I see no reason why these streams couldn't be more organised. There was no lot ready to go with all the Build/Buy items displayed, and it was the same with CAS as well. It seemed like they weren't sure what to talk about next either. Overall, it was not very informative, and my perception of the pack is still the same - disappointing.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,589 Member
    The wedding dresses look a lot worse than the ones we already had. I would have thought they'd stand out as something special. But it seems all the love for CAS assets goes into kits nowadays.

The invisible aisle ist a good idea, I was hoping they'd also add an invisible version of the dance floor. This is a missed opportunity.

The slowdancing doesn't look as romantic as in previous interactions, there's too much weird bouncing.

I must admit that the stream disappointed my hopes.

Hopefully the family gatherings will not only be available for engaged couples. I also hope they made it possible to invite all family members of both partners even if the inviting Sim does not know them yet.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Did they mention if the slow dancing was base game? I couldn't watch the whole thing, and I couldn't tell if it was or not when I just went back to watch it. If slow dancing isn't base game, then it would be really sad! Everything else looks pretty cool, although some of the pack looks pretty glitchy.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    Looks like a very chic, exclusive resort town. I guess I will turn Sulani back into a mostly residential town now. 😂
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    I honestly wasn't paying attention to the livestream very much once I saw the world. I guess I'll be honest at that point and say it's the world that's the whole reason why I'm getting the pack, especially once I saw the lot sizes. I've got an idea I'd like to play out, and felt a different world would be nice, and Tartosa's climate and environment seems like a good chance for that.

100%! I don't know what this says about me or the game but it's rare that I use any packs core features--still have yet to own a cow, go to the spell caster world, and my template save has the Strangerville "saved" from Mother Plant so I never have to play through it again. I'm buying this for the world, which I plan to populate with beautiful lots built by my favorite builders, and continue to do my own thing.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Things needed for basegame:
    • "Please Take Your Seats".
    • Slow dancing.
    • Ordering cakes online.
    • Perhaps an update to the existing tea sets.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,033 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »

Yeah he is really good. I think honestly we are so used to simmers who stream professionally now who do it so well, it is just a stark comparison. Most gurus are not professional streamers so of course won't be as good, I can't fault them, they work on the sims which is what they're good at. Some like Graham are naturally good, but most people in general probably aren't. They need to get someone in to lead them, probably who is a professional streamer, who can do a great job at showing off a pack. I should walk away from a stream feeling exited and wanting it immediately, not neutral and still confused as to what the pack actually contains.

I noticed that even before I ever watched a simmer’s stream though. Like you said, he’s probably naturally good, but some of the others could probably improve if they prepared more. I don’t think all streamers are great at showing packs off either. Some are just great at promoting their social media.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Things needed for basegame:
    • "Please Take Your Seats".
    • Slow dancing.
    • Ordering cakes online.
    • Perhaps an update to the existing tea sets.
    And R&B radio station