The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Many Toddlers Scenario Starts Nov 3

I just posted this in my Scenarios thread but decided to post a separate thread so people wouldn't miss it. This is a limited time scenario.

Yesterday we reported on the 3 limited-time scenarios that are coming to The Sims 4. The Sims Team didn’t specify the exact dates of when these Scenarios will begin – up until today thanks to a report from PCGamesN.

This news site reports that The Sims 4 devs shared with them that the Too Many Toddlers Scenario will begin TODAY, and shockingly it will only last for 3 days. We’re not sure why this Scenario is being locked away again after November 6th. Either way, if you wanted to play this Scenario you should expect it to go fully live at around 10AM Pacific Time today!

The Too Many Toddlers scenario launches on November 3 and will be removed as of November 6, the devs have announced in a press release, though if you start the scenario before that end date, you’ll still be able to play it to completion after it’s removed. There are no details yet on how that scenario will play. The devs previously announced that another limited-time scenario called Perfectly Well-Rounded would come shortly after the feature’s launch.

https://simscommunity.info/2021/11/03/the-sims-4-too-many-toddlers-scenario-starts-today/

Comments

• Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    wait what??! the scenarios are only for a limited time??? why??
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,330 Member
    If you start the scenario before that end date, you’ll still be able to play it to completion after it’s removed.

Well I guess my Making Money scenario is going to have to wait. Gotta make some toddlers.😄 👼🏼
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Yeah. Like I’m going to play a scenario I could already have done on my own terms, for some reward they won’t mention. As if.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,453 Member
    I just started a new save for the money scenario and can't start another one right now. So bye toddlers.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    It is weird timing to add a time-limited scenario. Players are still trying out the first two.
    Melisendre wrote: »
    What a bad decision starting a 3 day scenario in the middle of the week. Do they believe we have no real live?
    It doesn't matter for me because I'm not interested in scenarios. But I recognized many player who liked it.
    I don't like time based content in computer games. It is only ok for me when I have enough time to finish it without pressure.

I agree with this whole heartedly. I'm not interested in playing scenarios myself (although I'm enjoying seeing how others are getting on with them) but I'm a little sad for the Simmers who are going to feel pressured to start the new scenario before time runs out. Fear-of-missing-out should not be part of the Sims.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    I am not going to bother with those.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,757 Member
    Three days? This feels more and more like just an attempt to create player activity.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,056 Member
    For those worried about not being able to play in time to get the challenge, there's good news: you can still start and play the challenge even after it leaves. All you have to do is go into CAS and make 1-7 toddlers (pick as many as you want to customize the challenge to your liking!) and play the game. It's basically the same thing, except you don't have a UI tag reminding you of the goal. A goal you can also customize to your liking.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    For a brief moment scenarios sounded interesting to me, and I thought it was time to turn on my PC and jump Into the game, but they lost me at limited time, shakes head and goes back to my new PS5 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  • Options
    It's not available yet. Hopefully soon because come Friday it's all Animal Crossing. 😄
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,516 Member
    In my case anything to do with babes and toddlers equals nightmare scenario.
    Ye can all keep it. I have enough on my plate. 😅
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Three days? This feels more and more like just an attempt to create player activity.

What's the significance of player activity? Why would they need it to increase if many already bought dlc?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,530 Member
    .......I don't get it.

No, I mean I really don't understand what they're doing. Is this an attempt at distraction because there's no content to release and they're trying to keep players going back to the game? Or are they just trying to keep people talking about it by attempting (again) to wedge in some kind of competition? But... for only three days?? And right after releasing the same "new feature" in the game? Is this all just to buy time while they work on heavier update content? Or have they actually shifted half the team to work on the next generation of Sims and this is the kind of stuff getting squeezed out now?

What is happening?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited November 2021

What's the significance of player activity? Why would they need it to increase if many already bought dlc?

I think they want to survey reactions for an upcoming sims-5-online-multiplayer-game, or something like that. edit: They want to favorise the retention of players to play continously and not-on-and-off like a lot of players right now. They test the water... I'm starting to get sick of these practices. The recent news about the game downplay my itch to play.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options

I think the more people play, the more they become aware of missing DLC and are tempted to purchase more packs. Plus these scenarios seem to be geared towards beginning players who might not have attempted any of these challenges and might appreciate the in game guidance.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,757 Member
    edited November 2021

Game developers generally want to create player activity because it can lead potentially to more sales from people that haven't bought dlc.

And they can also showcase large daily player numbers.

• Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    wait what??! the scenarios are only for a limited time??? why??

Only some scenarios are for a limited time. Others will be permanent.

• Options

I think the more people play, the more they become aware of missing DLC and are tempted to purchase more packs. Plus these scenarios seem to be geared towards beginning players who might not have attempted any of these challenges and might appreciate the in game guidance.

Thats a great point. Thanks!

• Options
    Skyrryx wrote: »

I think they want to survey reactions for an upcoming sims-5-online-multiplayer-game, or something like that. edit: They want to favorise the retention of players to play continously and not-on-and-off like a lot of players right now. They test the water... I'm starting to get sick of these practices. The recent news about the game downplay my itch to play.

Yes I think so too 🤔

• Options
    ArarineArarine Posts: 254 Member
    edited November 2021
    That why I said scenarios is trash. Challegn is fun but this is boring. Reward could got with cheat. I wish next base game update is better than this crap
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member

That's funny because that was my first thought too! I thought to myself maybe they needed a large amount of player stats who played/are playing the scenarios to justify the resources it took to create them.

Plus, maybe I'm missing something, but really what is the point of timed events? Are you receiving some special, not-available content that you can only get if you played a scenario?