Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of being babysit by a game.

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that makes me take loooong breaks from the game - waiting for Paralives to drop, then I can forget about Sims 4 and most likely Sims forever. It makes me sad what happened to the Sims franchise tbh. It's so much I love about it, but I'm just wasting money and time and hope on it at this point, sorry to say. I'm supporting paralives now and it looks very promising so far and exactly the kind of simulation game I want. The direct line of communication to the devs is the icing on the cake and very much the indie approach which I love. Still will take a while before the game comes out, but at least I know that I'll have some simulation game to play once all hope for sims is gone.

In essence, Sims 4 is just hurting itself with limiting any kind of gameplay and not letting players decide how they want to play instead of sanitizing everything. I'll NEVER understand why the devs don't just give us more setting options and toggles for things instead of nerfing or removing. Just give the over sensitive players a sanitized player mode and leave us adults alone. For crying out loud.

Just Wait until people start playing Paralives and complain because they are "Offended" by the depth of the game. The Sims 4 is trying to add depth now like in the trait reworks but people seem to be offended by this addition. Oh and still bitter when the jelousy rework in October 2015 got nerfed after a month because a lot of them got offended even if they can just turn the autonomy off

The bitterness never goes away does it?😣😣😣
    R.I.P jealousy
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    marissimmarissim Posts: 55 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @marissim What happened with Snowy Escape was that several players complained about the shrine, and about the fan pattern on a clothing item.

I looked it up because I was too curious, but thank you! Am I glad I got to miss that.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2021
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »
    It's stuff like this that makes me take loooong breaks from the game - waiting for Paralives to drop, then I can forget about Sims 4 and most likely Sims forever. It makes me sad what happened to the Sims franchise tbh. It's so much I love about it, but I'm just wasting money and time and hope on it at this point, sorry to say. I'm supporting paralives now and it looks very promising so far and exactly the kind of simulation game I want. The direct line of communication to the devs is the icing on the cake and very much the indie approach which I love. Still will take a while before the game comes out, but at least I know that I'll have some simulation game to play once all hope for sims is gone.

In essence, Sims 4 is just hurting itself with limiting any kind of gameplay and not letting players decide how they want to play instead of sanitizing everything. I'll NEVER understand why the devs don't just give us more setting options and toggles for things instead of nerfing or removing. Just give the over sensitive players a sanitized player mode and leave us adults alone. For crying out loud.

Just Wait until people start playing Paralives and complain because they are "Offended" by the depth of the game. The Sims 4 is trying to add depth now like in the trait reworks but people seem to be offended by this addition. Oh and still bitter when the jelousy rework in October 2015 got nerfed after a month because a lot of them got offended even if they can just turn the autonomy off

The difference is that the people that are paying for the game now get to have a deep conversation about what the game is supposed to be with the devs - including having consequences and dark story lines. It's not even close to the same danger of outrage culture as sims 4. The people outraged with all these small things are always a tiny minority and when you see what people want for the game, you quickly realize that the stuff that EA 'concedes' are just for show and have no meaning whatsoever. Money beats false morality if not right away then eventually.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    Hey just so you all know tomorrow we can make our voices heard here on the forum - so show up and speak up

Oh, awesome! I was wondering how we could tell them how we feel about this whole situation, and this seems like the perfect opportunity!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Since Twitter is the breeding ground for drama, the SimGurus shouldn't have made Twitter accounts on there. Social media in general can be toxic. What else will someone find offensive in the game? Male-identifying Sims having more muscle mass than female-identifying Sims? Mean or mischief interactions? Love potions or that love spell in Realm of Magic? Untamed and Mischief spells?

I like that we have the simgurus and the gamechangers, otherwise we would probably have nothing. But I do feel that they are a bit too personal sometimes and they should try and work better together and not let each others opinions influence this game too much and not give in to people that just keep demanding them to nerf stuff, otherwise this will just keep going on.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    7 years to add depth is kind of too late and the depth they seeking to add now is not the depth that I am seeking. Traits are fine but where is the creativity in other areas that was cut and again it is much too late for Sims 4 for me is on the down stroke.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    7 years to add depth is kind of too late and the depth they seeking to add now is not the depth that I am seeking. Traits are fine but where is the creativity in other areas that was cut and again it is much too late for Sims 4 for me is on the down stroke.

I still appreciate them trying. And I don't think the traits are fine. They didn't do anything until now and that makes me a little happier with the game. If they can add enough stuff so I can start removing some mods, I'll be a lot happier. Right now I have to many personality, trait, emotion mods that my game can be a little unpredictable. I'd rather have official support and then mod to optimize or enhance instead of having to add something that's not there.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I still appreciate them trying. And I don't think the traits are fine. They didn't do anything until now and that makes me a little happier with the game. If they can add enough stuff so I can start removing some mods, I'll be a lot happier. Right now I have to many personality, trait, emotion mods that my game can be a little unpredictable. I'd rather have official support and then mod to optimize or enhance instead of having to add something that's not there.

I feel the same about the mods and I do not use them to fix or even enhance my game as modding is temporary and I rather not use them and I usually fix the game myself as it is good to be computer literate. In some ways EA/Maxis has become used to modders fixing their game but yet they will not make those fixes permanent themselves I guess it make them feel bad.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I feel the same about the mods and I do not use them to fix or even enhance my game as modding is temporary and I rather not use them and I usually fix the game myself as it is good to be computer literate. In some ways EA/Maxis has become used to modders fixing their game but yet they will not make those fixes permanent themselves I guess it make them feel bad.
    I feel the same way about modding, and have stopped modding The Sims a long time ago. Mods are temporary, and they do tend to break the game from time to time.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was thinking about this recently, why is everything offensive those days ?, why has everything to be tip toed around ?, shall we just wrap the next generation is bubble wrap because everything could be seen as offensive because someone is a overthinker, why is some people reading too much into a game rather than enjoying it, I even saw a comment of someone thinking the erratic trait is offensive because the icon is a straitjacket
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    CelSims wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I was thinking about this recently, why is everything offensive those days ?, why has everything to be tip toed around ?, shall we just wrap the next generation is bubble wrap because everything could be seen as offensive because someone is a overthinker, why is some people reading too much into a game rather than enjoying it, I even saw a comment of someone thinking the erratic trait is offensive because the icon is a straitjacket

As some one who has struggled with mental health my entire life I'd like to say to that person - thanks for caring, truly. But it really doesn't upset or offend me in any way that the portrait is a straitjacket. My mental health issues did not rob me of my sense of humour. I'd infact be perfectly happy for erratic to have it's old name, 'insane' back. The best cure for many ills is the ability to laugh.

You have a great attitude towards it, you have to have a sense of humour in this life @CelSims
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

I was literally just coming here to post the exact same thing. And like you, @CelSims I too struggle with mental health issues. My anxiety is so bad, I can't drive, work, cook or otherwise do anything to take care of myself on my own and I've been going to therapy since 2017, but have only made minimal progress. And in addition to anxiety, I have depression as well, which thankfully isn't AS severe, but it still affects me in my day to day life.

And I also personally don't see anything offensive about about the icon for erratic. It's just an icon.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I was literally just coming here to post the exact same thing. And like you, @CelSims I too struggle with mental health issues. My anxiety is so bad, I can't drive, work, cook or otherwise do anything to take care of myself on my own and I've been going to therapy since 2017, but have only made minimal progress. And in addition to anxiety, I have depression as well, which thankfully isn't AS severe, but it still affects me in my day to day life.

And I also personally don't see anything offensive about about the icon for erratic. It's just an icon.

I don't leave the house, interaction online is about all I can manage and even then I take days off from forums when I need to :) I absolutely understand where you are coming from.
    Personally I feel that telling us we should add being offended about everything to our list of things to be anxious about, really doesn't help in any way!
  • Options

I'm glad yous both agree with me about this, I have social anxiety and I lost one of my friends to mental health issues, what some people don't understand is if people keep reading too much into a game although their hearts are in the right place, they could end up ruining it @MeowchaFrappe @CelSims
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2021
    Anxiety, depression, ODC and ADD, among other things. Count me in as non-offended by the straitjacket. The only thing that offends me is Journey to Batuu.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options

I'm glad yous both agree with me about this, I have social anxiety and I lost one of my friends to mental health issues, what some people don't understand is if people keep reading too much into a game although their hearts are in the right place, they could end up ruining it @MeowchaFrappe @CelSims

Oh no, I totally agree with you. I don't think people have bad intentions when bringing this stuff up. But you're right, if people keep reading too much into everything, it very well could end up ruining it. I'm a person who tends to overthink too, so I can understand why it happens, but as discussed here time and time again: almost anything could be offensive if you think hard enough on it. So where do you draw the line?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2021
    Oh ya.
    Anxiety & Depression gang here too.

funnily enough though my most favourite and most used traits in the game for self made sims are also: paranoid,erratic,gloomy,loner...

but also evil :lol:
    maybe because many villains are a mood

+ hates children is also kinda mood which is why i was excited they say no to kid making unless there is some very special circumstances cause well i would :lol:

mean trait though
    not so much as it just gives me
    "annoying person alert"

but i still appreciate it being in the game
    cause well surely some sims should be annoying

= be it cause my anxiety and depression or not i just believe my sim world should not be happy cheerful land of the nerf where nothing is problematic as it seems very unrealistic
    and sort of creepy as if my sims are under evil government that does not allow them to have problems and then kills them immediately on spot if they look sad at wrong time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Anxiety, depression, ODC and ADD, among other things. Count me in as non-offended by the straitjacket. The only thing that offends me is Journey to Batuu.

I was offended that your post in the 411 didn't ask about Torch!
    It did, actually! I asked newcomers to spread the word of Torch, and in one section, I asked for dragon culture. I ain't leaving my boy behind.

I also hid a secret message in my post.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

On the one hand, people are trying to destigmatize certain things. I'm talking stuff like racial/gender injustices, knocking down stereotypes, equality, etc. I commend people for standing up for others. It's an important task and I wish more people would do it.

But, on the other hand, it can go too far. Comedians, for example, push boundaries...that's their job. And if 10 years ago it was ok to make fun of certain things, but it's not ok today, you shouldn't take what the comedian said 10 years ago and apply it today. It's most likely that the comedian hasn't said anything like that in recent years. It's gotten so toxic that comedian routines are pretty lame now.

I do think people mean well. I don't think they understand the difference between real life and a satirical video game about life.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I was offended that your post in the 411 didn't ask about Torch!
    It did, actually! I asked newcomers to spread the word of Torch, and in one section, I asked for dragon culture. I ain't leaving my boy behind.

I also hid a secret message in my post.

I missed that part, must go back and add an awesome.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

Oh no, I totally agree with you. I don't think people have bad intentions when bringing this stuff up. But you're right, if people keep reading too much into everything, it very well could end up ruining it. I'm a person who tends to overthink too, so I can understand why it happens, but as discussed here time and time again: almost anything could be offensive if you think hard enough on it. So where do you draw the line?

I don't know, it's difficult. I feel that we should respect that people feel very differently regarding different subjects, but we should also not let people who feel too strongly about something dictate what should be allowed or not.

So when this comes to what should be included in the game I think we should give people options, right now it feels like the sims4 is struggling to be both a sandbox(dollhouse) and a life simulation game with consequences.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Same. THAT is the most offending content in the series. Paying $20 for a barebones pack with nothing but a place to look at. How come that people are offended by gameplay features that add depth but completely fine by this type of packs is really boggling my mind.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    logion wrote: »

I don't know, it's difficult. I feel that we should respect that people feel very differently regarding different subjects, but we should also not let people who feel too strongly about something dictate what should be allowed or not.

So when this comes to what should be included in the game I think we should give people options, right now it feels like the sims4 is struggling to be both a sandbox(dollhouse) and a life simulation game with consequences.

Oh yeah, we should defintely respect them for sure. I agree with that entirely, but I do think some people blow certain things out of proportion (and this is coming from a pro at overthinking. :lol: ) options would defintely be a nice thing, even if it's just a different "mode" of some sort, but I don't know if it's something that would be added or not. So like, what route do you go with? People who actually want a life simulation game (which is what Sims4 is supposed to be) or the dollhouse building crowd?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm just happy to se a thread that didn't turn into fist fights and that we all agree on something for once in a respectful manner🤣🤣
    The complainers are so loud though. I just wish EA would understand the loud ones does not even make up 50% of the players 🙄 and I swear most if them are the same people over and over on twitter 🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top