Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Most overrated community request?

Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
So, there's a lot of wishes and demands from the community about what they want to see next. What do you think is the most overrated request? Or something you just don't care for but everyone else seems to want with a dying passion.

I've avoided putting in options such as better skin tones/fixed skin tones, because some need fixing and it shouldn't be classed as an overrated request. If you really think it is just chose other and state why.

Also I'm not stating all of the options I put down are overrated, I just put in topics / requests that are quite popular / controversial. Feel free to explain your reasoning in the comments

EDIT: DON'T ATTACK OTHERS FOR THEIR OPINIONS. You can disagree and debate sure but don't be like "wow you're a cactus!"

Most overrated community request? 158 votes

Generations
1%
GalacticGalInuMiroLoverDaWaterRat 3 votes
Cars and Garages
32%
bshag4lvColorist40TheSpotted_Chaneulsimgirl1010SirenLuminosmitchiebanjogreydonnDragonAge_300905Kate2450blueyblueskybenson2006LaruhellThenyoukissmeOnverserSims4MagicalTalestwinklestick EmmpRedShoe7simwolf 52 votes
Baby Update
15%
PlayerSinger2010Anmirlag01denswanalanmichael1AquariusMombevilleSim2SporephantasmkissSailorCetiMouse1996MarkwilsonEnkiSchmidtSheriSim57LiELFmusteniEmusimmer32permanentroseRememberJoyDaepheneEllupelluellu 24 votes
Teen Pack
1%
SikoahGracePamtastic72 2 votes
Hotels
2%
BluelleNiaraTiaraAbbyZRavenSpit 4 votes
Farming Pack
10%
Alwe1507PlumbobCrossingFroilannaliese39ParmaViolet87SummerStreakQueenMercysillyangel0906DoodlyDoofusj1z1SERVERFRASmellincoffeeForgeronBecka28SimmingalAaleynGenkider 17 votes
Disabilities
12%
auroraael14JueJueoveronIsb917elanorbretonWyrrenTorieAPottsSelinaKylesEvaliynMMXthenightcourtBusufuTS1299SimskristaPreCiiousizecsonnerdfashionUniqueKhaos 19 votes
Colour Wheel / Sliders
8%
crocobauraEcho17121duhboy2u2BabykittyjadeEgonVMcalipossStrawberryYogurtHopeyStarrkaiwrysimsSeashoreLivianetney52KimmerNate_Whiplash1 13 votes
More Occults
10%
AlexaiRubyxAngelKatiardgueztaydevMizzila1297MVWdeZTDoloresGrey83bienchenbirdonawireFurAndYarnDianesimsEnnaelUlmaAbbyBaba729carpe_diemPennyDreadPriestess 16 votes
Other
5%
SimburianSk8rblazetexxx78ScobreNikkihLady_BalloraCatzillaSimSpock 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Other
    This looks like one of those polls that might start a serious fight so I'm not choosing at all!
  • Options
    Baby Update
    Okay, so controversial. I would like to see them free, and I do play with families. But if they do free them, I can't see them differing much from toddlers, and if they did create unique interactions for babies like changing them on a change table then sure that'd be cool, but I feel like its a fair chunk of work for a life stage that lasts 3 days.

I would welcome a baby update, but I just don't care for it myself. Though I would utilise it. I'm gonna get clapped for this opinion, and I'm sorry to anyone who disagrees lol
  • Options
    Baby Update
    Simburian wrote: »
    This looks like one of those polls that might start a serious fight so I'm not choosing at all!

Wise choice lol

Yea I should've mentioned in the post keep it civil and don't attack other for their opinions
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    Cars and Garages
    Cars seem some what pointless in a game with loading screens...

I know that TS2 has them and yes the mechanical skill is nice and the realism of seeing sims get into a car was also nice but even with those points I just feel like there is many other things that the Sims 4 would benefit from more.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited February 2021
    Farming Pack
    I just don’t want farms, especially farm animals. Farming is one of those things that works better as it’s own series like Story of Seasons or Stardew Valley.

I get the appeal of running a farm for generations, but it’s not for me.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2021
    Colour Wheel / Sliders
    This thread will surely get deleted later, no? Very controversial. I dont think its fair to consider disabilities "overrated", and you already made an exception for your own personal preference when you pointedly said youd exclude the skintone update, when other simmers have said it was overrated /didnt need to change, or that the paler skintones got ignored. Its hypocritical to exclude that.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Baby Update
    Out of these requests I only want cars and more occults.
  • Options
    Baby Update
    This thread will surely get deleted later, no? Very controversial. I dont think its fair to consider disabilities "overrated", and you already made an exception for your own personal preference when you pointedly said youd exclude the skintone update, when other simmers have said it was overrated /didnt need to change, or that the paler skintones got ignored. Its hypocritical to exclude that.

Disabilities was also something i was considering to not include. In hindsight I probably shouldve just excluded that altogether. But it's a poll and I'm not saying you can't have opinions on the skin tone update. The reason I didnt put it as an option was because I didn't think that people complaining about broken skins should be considered overrated. The only reason I included disabilities was because I've seen a lot of people, including disabled people say that they don't want them etc. Also I can't put loads of options in a poll, so I excluded that.

I don't see why this would be deleted, I'm not trying to offend anyone and you're going to see controversial topics online. If we can't talk about controversy then what's the point of having a forum? Are we just gonna play A - Z games and talk about the good all the time?

Also I haven't said that disabilities are overrated. See here; "Also I'm not stating all of the options I put down are overrated, I just put in topics / requests that are quite popular / controversial. Feel free to explain your reasoning in the comments" also if you really wanted to vote for skin tones, as I said; "skin tones, because some need fixing and it shouldn't be classed as an overrated request. If you really think it is just chose other and state why".

Obviously disabilities is something we don't have in the game as of now, and something I think will be hard to implement. My distinction for skin tones was that it is something that is in game and that the Sims team has "fixed". There are still some issues with it, especially console from what I've seen, and I didn't think that I would include these complaints in this poll, as I don't think people complaining about something that has been "fixed" and has not been for them should be classed as an overrated opinion.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Colour Wheel / Sliders

Disabilities was also something i was considering to not include. In hindsight I probably shouldve just excluded that altogether. But it's a poll and I'm not saying you can't have opinions on the skin tone update. The reason I didnt put it as an option was because I didn't think that people complaining about broken skins should be considered overrated.

I don't see why this would be deleted, I'm not trying to offend anyone and you're going to see controversial topics online. If we can't talk about controversy then what's the point of having a forum? Are we just gonna play A - Z games and talk about the good all the time?

Also I haven't said that disabilities are overrated. See here; "Also I'm not stating all of the options I put down are overrated, I just put in topics / requests that are quite popular / controversial. Feel free to explain your reasoning in the comments" also if you really wanted to vote for skin tones, as I said; "skin tones, because some need fixing and it shouldn't be classed as an overrated request. If you really think it is just chose other and state why".

oh yeah there are loads of good threads that got closed, not saying I agree with it, just saying it doesnt take much for a moderator to step in and say the thread is "derailing" and close it.

Ok and yeah your reply does make sense, I was just kinda like 'hey! There's already an exception'. Thank you for reply.

In that, case moving forward, my vote would be the colour wheel. I actually like the swatches and the color wheel is overwhelming.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I think I'd actually love all of these, so it's really hard to choose an overrated one! I think there are some options that for me the game NEEDS for extending and deepening gameplay, and ones that would just add something extra.
    Needs - generations, teen pack, and colour wheel/sliders (just so I can make furniture bloomin' match :D )
    Would Love - Baby update, cars and garages, and a farming pack (with an Apaloosa Plains type world)
    Would Like - Hotels, werewolves
    Indifferent - disabilities (I can understand why some people would love to see them, and I think it would create an interesting layer to the game. But if they weren't included I wouldnt feel disappointed.)

I think it's all about personal preference and gameplay style. It's an interesting poll - none of them are overrated - I want them all!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Generations
    Now, by picking Generations I'm not saying I don't want more options for all of the non-young adult lifestages. I do.

But I don't need them in one pack of "Bunch of small systems that don't have anything connecting them other than there's something for all life stages" unless it's the last pack and qualifies as "bunch of small systems that we couldn't fit anywhere else that we wanted to release before going on to Sims 5"

I want a pack focused on Teens, high school, and all the Teen aged drama. I want a pack focused on Children and after-school activities and being a kid. I can even see these two packed together as a "School Years" pack or a "growing up" pack similar to Parenthood.

And then I want a separate "Retired and Loving it" pack that sends elders off on three-day rabbit hole cruises to other parts of the Sim World, with a special type of Apartment system for a Retirement community where there are actually editable common areas and NPC Assisted Living Nurses.

And I want a separate "Mid Life Crisis" stuff pack with items that are impractical, tacky and stupidly expensive. (Provided SimGuruConnor is working on it)

And I want all of these as separate Game Packs and Stuff packs because then they can get real focus and maybe even depth, and don't have to be "generally applicable" and cut short because they couldn't fit it all in the budget for an Expansion pack that glosses over each age group lightly and doesn't give enough to satisfy for any one of them.
  • Options
    Baby Update

Disabilities was also something i was considering to not include. In hindsight I probably shouldve just excluded that altogether. But it's a poll and I'm not saying you can't have opinions on the skin tone update. The reason I didnt put it as an option was because I didn't think that people complaining about broken skins should be considered overrated.

oh yeah there are loads of good threads that got closed, not saying I agree with it, just saying it doesnt take much for a moderator to step in and say the thread is "derailing" and close it.

Ok and yeah your reply does make sense, I was just kinda like 'hey! There's already an exception'. Thank you for reply.

In that, case moving forward, my vote would be the colour wheel. I actually like the swatches and the color wheel is overwhelming.

All good, just wanted to clear it up as it was a lack of clarity on my behalf.
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Farming Pack
    I don't see why everything has to be "controversial" these days. I mean it's just stating opinions about the requests themselves, not the people that make those requests.

I voted for farming pack because after playing the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons series of farming games I don't think I can take farming in The Sims seriously, it would probably lack a lot of the farming experience, simply because the engine wasn't made with farming in mind.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited February 2021
    Isn’t Parenthood basically their version of giving us a Generation Pack?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Baby Update

I feel like it may have been, but in a lot of peoples opinions it focussed more on the parenting side and less of the kids/teens/etc side.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I feel like it may have been, but in a lot of peoples opinions it focussed more on the parenting side and less of the kids/teens/etc side.

I mean yes I would love to have Generations back from Sims 3 but realistically speaking what we got was a Parenting pack that resembles a Generation Pack.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    Cars and Garages
    Cars without a doubt, I liked having them in 3 but they actually had a purpose in that game. What's the point of cars when there's nowhere to drive? I don't really the desire for cars in a closed world. It would literally be a 10 second animation of sims getting in a car, and then it'd just go to a loading screen anyways, so I'm fine with skipping the middle man and going straight to the loading screen. Cars are in debug anyways and you can make a fake garage so I prefer to just do that, has the same effect for me without an annoying animation.
    This thread will surely get deleted later, no? Very controversial. I dont think its fair to consider disabilities "overrated".

I think it's much the same as the unpopular opinions thread, people have these sorts of conversations all the time on there, unless people get argumentative and start screaming at each other its all good.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Generations

Can't find the tweet at the moment, but SimGuruNinja explicitly said that Parenthood isn't the equivalent of Generations.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    Other
    I want burglars to return they caused drama and was the villain of the game, they were unpredictable, every game and film needs a bad guy, imagine the little mermaid without Ursula, it would be just ariel singing about her collection for 50 mins, boring 🤣🤣 of course add toggles for people that dont want them back
  • Options
    RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    Cars and Garages
    First of all, I think in a game like this, where you create the world/story, every “want” is valid.

Personally I would not be excited about cars. I do get why people want them, it adds to the immersion. I just don’t think there will be anything particularly exciting you can use them for. Especially since it’s not open world like Sims 3.
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I want burglars to return they caused drama and was the villain of the game, they were unpredictable, every game and film needs a bad guy, imagine the little mermaid without Ursula, it would be just ariel singing about her collection for 50 mins, boring 🤣🤣 of course add toggles for people that dont want them back

@Nikkih I think this is a fantastic idea. Imagine if they made an active criminal career as well so you could play as the burglar - that’s a pack I’d definitely buy!
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2021
    Colour Wheel / Sliders
    Specifically height sliders not colour wheel. We’ve never had them in previous sims games and don’t see what all the fuss is about and why people are requesting it like it’s a massive feature that is missing. Cars is a very close second as we don’t have open worlds and they would not add much to the game but I can see why people want them.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited February 2021
    Baby Update
    To me, in a game where the toddler stage covers from the first birthday to the first day of school but they look 2 the whole time, the child stage covers from kindergarten to puberty and they look 7-8 the whole time, and teens look 15 from puberty to adulthood... the fact that babies stay about 2 months old until their first birthday doesn't bother me at all. Honestly if they took the effort to do what some people want and have them learn to sit up and crawl and all that... I'd be a bit irritated those resources weren't used to improve the longer stages. Preteens and preschoolers and a not-quite-so-elder stage would have a lot more impact on my gameplay.
    I wouldn't mind a small update that just provided different types of furniture for them to be in, or let them be taken with the family to community lots in a stroller.

Edit to add: Not irritated enough to go on a big complaining spree all over the internet or anything, people who aren't me are allowed to have what they want too, but I wouldn't buy it if it was in a pack rather than a free update.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    Colour Wheel / Sliders
    This to me and bunkbeds!! Personally I love customization but I found the color wheel of ts3 too overwhelming. All I ask is a nice variety of colors. And besides Saving a bit of space I never got the bunk bed outrage. It's literally one bed on top of the other. An object to throw in the corner and my sims barely sleep anyway. And when they do I prefer to have them side by side.

However just sharing my opinion. No harm to anyone who wants them 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Colour Wheel / Sliders
    I picked this option because out of everything else I think this is the least important one as I can see everything else changing my gameplay except this
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited February 2021
    Everyone plays this game differently and want different features so I don't feel that any of the listed features that the community want is overrated really.