Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ’œ Quick Creativity CAS Challenge πŸ’œ GLovelysQCC

Comments

• Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Happy 2021!! <3
  • Options
    GLovely1GLovely1 Posts: 797 Member
    edited January 2021
    [img][/img]32zPRu1.jpg

What a year it's been! Thank you all, each and every one, for making this little corner of the Simsverse so friendly, kind, imaginative, supportive and FUN! In reflecting on my reason why this challenge first started, I remember hoping to create a genuine space where simmers would find some new inspiring direction to stretch their creative tastes .. Especially while being stuck at home through a pandemic! (soooo didn't know that would last this long!) While I did hope this small thread would grow, I never imagined it would turn into such a bright, imaginative, collaborative spot .. That's due to all of you giving your sims everything you've got! πŸ’œ

Now I look forward to visiting the forums quite often to give you all ideas to create something totally aweSIM! πŸ’œ Which brings me to our next challenge directions .. Our first for the new year! That in mind I want us to create something full of humor and cheer. Stay tuned .. I'm writing up the info now and will post again very soon!

Hugs, love & happy creating always ~ Lisa (GLovely1)
    Please join my πŸ’œ Quick Creativity Challenge πŸ’œ forum thread
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    edited January 2021
    πŸ’œ 26TH WEEKEND CHALLENGE! πŸ’œ

Creative Direction & Rules:

Now is a busy shopping time .. for gift returning! ;) When speaking of gifts, there are certainly some of the very best presents I'm sure we all can remember receiving. It's those wish come true gifts that make us continue believing in the spirit of giving. However, there's always that one gift that we wish would never have come lol! I want us to apply this feeling to those CAS items that, shall we say, are less than appealing. ;) We clearly love this game but I'm sure we can admit there's at least a few things we have never or would never put on our sims, no matter their whims. This week, for some great laughter & fun I ask you all to imagine being able to return some!

Your challenge:

Please limit your sims to at most two so we can really see the hilarity of your CAS accessories ;) You may choose to make one male OR one female sim but if you do create two for your household please make them different. Meaning one male and one female. For example: A husband and wife who really did not get this year's gift giving right. Or, consider making a dad and daughter who both received less than ideal presents from their well meaning grandfather. Basically, if you choose to make two please make one a male and one a female. Each item in your sims first outfit (everyday) must be CAS things you want to return. These include but are not limited to color/pattern/style in hair, makeup, clothing, socks and shoes. My best advice to you is to think "fashion police" πŸ˜‚ In this case, you want the gallery viewers to issue you a penalty fashion citation .. the worse the better to encourage laughter and elation!

Please include the hashtags #GLovelysQCC AND #GiftReturnsChal when you share your entry to the gallery.
    END DATE ~ MONDAY 1/11 at 6:00 PM PST ~ However, it's very helpful to share your creations early so I can have some households full of good natured hilarity to nominate for a Maxis Fave!

Rules:
    1. Your description should include how your sims got these wonderfully odd fashion backward gifts. Remember, the sillier the story, the better!
    2. Limit your household to two sims at most. One male or one female or a pair of opposites.
    3. Remember your entries should be odd/silly/strange/mismatched so the fashion police would come to your game!
    4. Make sure your sims 1st outfit is the best of the worst CAS has to offer in your opinion.
    5. NoCC and no defaults (defaults replace the original Maxis skin/eyes but are not officially tagged as CC).
    6. For fairness, please only use Maxis poses. Custom posed entries are permitted as "just for fun" entries only. Posed entries do not have an opportunity to earn a Maxis nomination. In addition, posed entries would not qualify for prize round challenges.
    7. Re-uploaded entries, in other words entries copied from other simmers creations, will be disqualified.
    8. Have a blast creating for our forum and gallery friends!

Please continue posting all your awesome extras like additional story line, pictures, screenshots (limit 4) and the link to your creation in the gallery here! Please tag #GLovelysQCC if you post on Twitter or Instagram!

Please stay safe, stay strong, stay creative and bring the best LOL laughter this week! πŸ’œ

Note: This is a challenge that @13Vader and I created together two years ago. We had so much laughter and fun with this one that I felt I had to breathe new life into it with all of you! If you're interested you can check out the old entries in the gallery by searching for the hashtag #GiftReturnsChal πŸ˜‚ It's guaranteed for a great laugh!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Okay, now THIS challenge I can defintely do. :lol:

And I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of that eyeball ring this theme. xD
  • Options
    :D lol! @MeowchaFrappe that eyeball ring is classic .. ally gaudy hahaha! Honestly, I actually have accessorized a few of my sims with it though. Needless to say I'm very happy this challenge has hit your funny bone already and I'm looking forward to what you're planning on returning lol!
    [img][/img]kU5Eaxv.png

• Options
    NeoFelis22NeoFelis22 Posts: 194 Member
    @GLovely1 This will be an interesting challenge, I'm sure! As for that ring, I have yet to use it, but I can (almost) imagine using it for the right sim. πŸ˜‰ It'll be interesting to get into CAS and see what I can't imagine ever using!

Speaking of CAS, I want to recommend a mod to those who's screen resolution is 1280x720 or higher. It's the More Columns Mod. It expands your number of CAS columns to 3, 4, or 5 wide, and I find it quite useful. You'll need to be running the game in the previously mentioned resolution for 3 columns, and higher resolutions for the other two options.

I hope to get into CAS soon!
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited January 2021
    This sounds like a fun challenge, I'm not great for story write but I'll give it a go :#
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Interesting challenge! Let's see..... >:):D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    GLovely1 wrote: Β»
    :D lol! @MeowchaFrappe that eyeball ring is classic .. ally gaudy hahaha! Honestly, I actually have accessorized a few of my sims with it though. Needless to say I'm very happy this challenge has hit your funny bone already and I'm looking forward to what you're planning on returning lol!

If my sims even get it randomly, I always remove it. Lol. I literally can't stand that accessory. But eyeballs freak me out, so I may be a bit biased against it. :lol:
  • Options
    Cosy_CatastopheCosy_Catastophe Posts: 77 Member
    This is hilarious, I’ll have to give it a go!
  • Options
    LSB12LLSB12L Posts: 31 Member
    Wacky clothes and accessories- where do I sign up? Love the challenge theme; the eyeball ring will thrive!
  • Options
    Well, dagnabbit! I finished my sim, but I can't connect to the gallery! πŸ˜’ I'll try again before I head to bed. I hope it's working then. 🀞

P.S. I gave in and used the eyeball ring. πŸ˜‰
  • Options
    I give up. I meant to be in bed half an hour ago, but I've been trying various ways to fix things. I'll just have to hope that it'll have fixed itself in about 7 hours. I hope no one else has this problem!
  • Options
    I'm kicking off the first upload to the gallery with Nicole!

Gallery, A Fashion Disaster?

Nicole is a snob Sims, who was challenged by her friends to rock the street with a mismatch outfits. She thought that the April's Fool comes early. However, nothing can beat her confidence. We doubt that any of the San Myshuno folks can outdo her! She's enjoying the craziness & the fame before returning back the gifts & of course a few extra back to her friends! :p

C0a0UwH.png
    kXX4ZBg.png

A disclaimer, she's not erratic. Just a little bit snobby & of course adventurous, who enjoy eating! :D
    55VOJa7.png
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    My entry: My True Love Gave to Me...

Bio: During the twelve days of Simsmas, a comedian named Shelly got all sorts of ridiculous and unwanted gifts from her true love that she will now return. These gifts include a clown suit, starry sunglasses, weird makeup, an eyeball ring and many more. She might be a goofball, but this just too much - even for her!

rrCjBx4.png

TRlBw9I.png

fggWzpA.png

ozJGQGM.png
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    edited January 2021
    Happy new year, everyone!

I just uploaded a Fashion Faux Pas For Xmas. Rez meant well when he quickly bought his mom some clothes the day before Christmas, there was no denying that. But as soon as his mom opened her gift, he knew he made a big mistake. Despite his love for fashion, he made a fashion faux pas that could only be fixed by returning the items. The usual perfume or socks might’ve been a better option, because this year… he thought too far out of the box. Thankfully one of the shop employees was willing to give them some free fashion tips.

In the spoilers... I might go crazy. Or not. Depends. But it's likely I will...
    nq8IxSN.png
    1. Oh dear Leslie. I'm sorry. Your hair has potential, I'll give you that. The hat though? What were you trying to achieve? Did your ancestors make it? Are you acting to be someone I don't know? And the necklace is rather big for me. Your top confuses me. I don't think it's that bad... I've just never seen anything like it. And those jeans? Kinda low rise and very flared. Very. Flared. As in... well, you get my point. The eyeball ring is interesting too, I like morbid stuff but I'm not a fan. And your shoes? Love 'em, but my goodness would I have liked some non-kitty swatches!
    2. Interesting hair you got, but why is the quality so bad? And the dress with the holes, too long for a short dress and too short for a long dress... are you expecting floods by any chance? And your shoes darlin', they look odd. They have no detail and they are quite blocky.
    3. Yes, the "ombre" version is 10x worse, but I don't like the non-ombre version either. And that top? It looks like it has snake scales on it. And the shorts, I'm sorry guys, I couldn't look at them so I added some leggings. The shorts are short, low waist and ... bland. That's the word. And the sneakers? They make your feet look odd.
    4. That bra... ladies, do you think that could hold your girls? Because they look so uncomfortable to me.

NseePPP.png
    1. I'm not entirely sure what that dress is supposed to do. There's squares and lines all over the place and my brain just doesn't get it. The shoes would look a lot better if they got a little upgrade, I'll give you that much.
    2. The swimwear with pieces of clothing. It might be me but I'd never let my Sim swim in that. Having a scarf around your hips isn't gonna make swimming any safer, ya know?
    3. That top -- I -- Hmmm -- Just no. No no no no no. And the shorts? Why are they so short? They barely cover her bum. And the shoes are interesting too, but definitely not the worst part of this outfit... as are the sunglasses.
    4. I know, I've used this outfit in another QCC, but I don't like it at all. The colors don't work, the shape is meh, it's just a no for me unless I heavily edit it. The boots are interesting too. I've never used them, the swatches never work and the curly point... I just never make sexy elves.
    Oh and I'd almost forget, Leslie wants to be the best parent she can be. I'd say every parent would like that, but in the Sims apparently they don't.

You thought we were done? Nooo, this is a household with two sims.
    Xxg5Xa3.png
    1. Our fashionista is wearing a leather shirt with leather tie and tight leather pants. He's also wearing huge boots. Funky, right? He's also wearing the eyeball ring, as you may or may not have noticed, I'd really like to talk about it, but I won't. I can do this. The coiffure reminds me of a poodle. It's high and interestingly shaped, and it's dark blue, not black. The beard is a good one as well. It just appears, there's no warning. It's just *BOOM* beard.
    2. I'm just not sure which sim would wear this. Send me styling tips. I think I missed something because the pattern... is a bit over the top. The shoes only make me think of bowling shoes to be fair.
    3. Hm. Yes. Maybe for some sims it works. Not for mine. The shoes remind me of mayonnaise on a hotdog: zig-zag-zig-zag... I might be a bit hungry.
    4. Underpants with a red kiss. Yeeee-haw! But why is it only one? And why is it on the back side? And why is it so large compared to his bum? So many questions from just one simple piece of underwear.

hlEKQkG.png
    1. No insults meant here, but those beads confuse me. Those on the top seem a bit large to be real Sim Gold, but what else could it be? I'd like to know where the ones on his legs are attached. Does he wear a belt below the jacket? Or are they attached to something else? Questions questions questions...
    2. The Speedo. Out. I tolerate a lot but I have serious Speedo issues.
    3. I have weird thoughts when I see this top. Did someone get eaten by a shark and is that top some sort of weird way to remember them? Is it a way to keep sharks away from you? Is shark-bite-top haute couture? Is it similar to torn jeans? I just don't get it, but my morbid brain comes up with a lot of stories when I see this top. And after the leather pants in (1), here's some flared leather pants. Flared, I tell you. They. Are. Flared. And. Leather. As if skinny leather isn't bad enough!
    4. I've decided, it's a topvestskirtjeans. Get your dictionaries and write it down. The shoes remind me of the shoes you get if you break a leg and you get a cast you can walk on. And the hat, please, your ears will freeze off, pull it down!
    Rez likes to chill on the beach, I think we all do, but Rez really really really likes it. Like, maybe even an obsession.
  • Options
    I've spent more than 3 hours today trying to fix the gallery problem. I see that some other people have reported this on answers.ea.com so I know that I'm not alone. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall the game, which is something that I don't want to do. It's not even suggested for this issue. I may consider it though, if it's not fixed in another 11 hours or so, when it would've been 24 hours since I know for sure that the problem began. I hope not to have to even consider it. Wish me good luck, please. πŸ’›
  • Options
    CatharinaSophiaCatharinaSophia Posts: 98 Member
    @NeoFelis22 I had some issues too but I deleted my origin cache (steps are on google) and then it all worked (somewhat) fine again. It's still laggy but it worked long enough to upload my household.
  • Options
    @CatharinaSophia I will try that! Thank you!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @CatharinaSophia Unfortunately, that didn't help. Thank you for trying to help. πŸ’›

Edit: Rather than creating a new post, I thought I'd just add here that I've tried a couple of other things tonight, but no luck. Apparently this is a more widespread problem than it appeared, since multiple threads have been merged with this same issue. I'm not up to uninstalling and reinstalling the game tonight, particularly since it's not suggested anywhere I've seen that it might fix this issue. I'll decide what to do next when I've had some sleep.
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on
  • Options
    @NeoFelis22 I found this on the EA AHQ,

Some of the troubleshooting from the EA AHQ. Credit to Kreatora.

Please clean Origin cache
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

or
    Uninstall the Origin Manually. See instructions here.
    https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/
    and install Origin again

It is also possible that your connection configuration with Gallery is damaged in your game folder. In that case, you should do a factory reset of the game folder
    Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
    Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
    Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
    Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
    You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
    Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
    Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder
    If the problem disappeared
    Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
    "saves" and Tray.
    Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
    Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
    Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder
    Step. 9 If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder which is working properly.
  • Options
    pagounispagounis Posts: 369 Member
    Hello everyone and happy new year :)

Slowly but surely fixing the gallery, and being able to get in there. My entry for this week's challenge is Desmond Darling. He ended up in wrong hands and items while wanting a new look for Christmas.

Title: Run, Desmond, Run!
    Origin ID: mikrolactaki3
    Gallery Link: https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6F933EAF502A11EB8557F063F73A62CC

unknown.png
    Joanne | 22 | Greece. Informatics student. I'm mikrolactaki3 on the gallery. Using 2 computers! My Blog: mikrolactaki3.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Thank you, @xamira99 for the suggestions. I had already cleared the Origin cache, but I hadn't tried the second option. Now I have, and it didn't help. A "Hero" on answers.ea.com posted that there's no point in continuing to try to troubleshoot, because it's the servers. I have no reason to doubt them, particularly considering everything that I've tried. The odd thing is that people in Europe and even someone in Australia has had this problem. I'm in the United States, by the way.

@pagounis I saw you were having a similar problem on the thread. I'm glad you're making progress. πŸ™‚
  • Options
    Thank you, @xamira99 for the suggestions. I had already cleared the Origin cache, but I hadn't tried the second option. Now I have, and it didn't help. A "Hero" on answers.ea.com posted that there's no point in continuing to try to troubleshoot, because it's the servers. I have no reason to doubt them, particularly considering everything that I've tried. The odd thing is that people in Europe and even someone in Australia has had this problem. I'm in the United States, by the way.

@pagounis I saw you were having a similar problem on the thread. I'm glad you're making progress. πŸ™‚

I see. Most probably the server then. I don't have any problem so far (Asia region). Hope that it will get fixed ASAP.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @pagounis Re the server: apparently. I hate that there's nothing that I can do and that I don't know when they'll fix it.

I'm glad that you're not having a problem.

Thank you. I hope it's fixed soon too. πŸ™‚
    Post edited by NeoFelis22 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top