Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Start Planning Your Snowy Escape in The Sims™ 4!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @Metior_Ice In S3, with Seasons, we got an Ice Lounge building to place in our worlds when we bought the limited edition. It was cold inside and all the furniture and some of the build objects were made of ice. I'd love for it to make a return, after all, you know we are getting a bar of some king, but it will probably be an Japanese style bar.

It would be cool to have some more winter themed stuff. I noticed that there is a distinct lack of winter clothing that would be cool to add.

The game has a thermostat, and it would be interesting to see if the frozen furniture melts if it is turned to hot. It could be a mischief interaction for evil sims.

Oh, that reminds me, there's a point where my house reaches a value that leads to having sims trespass on my property. I've had evil sims do everything from starting fires to turning on the stereos to wake my sims up when they are asleep. Like I said before, I don't use conventional bedrooms with merfolk because they sleep in the water. It was still annoying. I know TS3 had police and burglars fleshed out more, but I've definitely encountered enough trespassing, encounters with kleptomaniac sims, and evil mischief to see them melting everything in the house by turning the thermostat or starting fires.

Intruders causing mischief? I love it. I've never seen that. :D

I may try and build some kind of ice bar, maybe in whites and light blues and turning the cold up so high that sims wear cold gear inside.
    I know we can tell them how to dress when coming to your restaurant, maybe I'll add a bar to it.

A restaurant made out of Ice. That would be pretty awesome! I've got so many different things I want to do, but I put my rotational play style on hold for a legacy-style challenge. I'm only on generation 3, and I've been trying to finish things faster so I can get back to my main sims and rotational play style.

Edit: Yeah, intruders inside a home has actually been a thing for my game. Once I get over like 100,000 simolean lot value, I have townies or sims I made with the criminal career show up and start hanging out or causing mischief.

I've started a restaurant with the cool blue color scheme but I'm waiting for the pack to add a few pack related items and to see if they were smart enough to add a Japanese menu pick to the Dine Out restaurants. Also for the wait staff to be dressed in kimonons.

Maybe there will be some things for Spa Day too.

If it isn't done already, I'll add a few Spa Day items like the steam room and the exercise equipment to the bathhouse to make it a more rounded out retreat
  • Options
    LadyInBlackLadyInBlack Posts: 117 Member
    When I first saw the ads for Snowy Escape, I thought that this one would definitely was not for me. I don't like cold, I don't like snow and who really needs another vacation pack, especially after the Star Wars debacle. All of that was before I noticed the customizable platforms! Still, was that enough to purchase another pack? Then I remembered the sim I haven't played in awhile. She started life as a Spellcaster and an elder or crone. She completed all her goals and then turned herself into a beautiful young Spellcaster! (I turned time off and used a few cheats). I think taking her to Japan and starting an epic story kinda reminiscent of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would work nicely. I do hope they teach Martial Arts! Yep, I've ordered it and we're gonna be having some fun!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When I first saw the ads for Snowy Escape, I thought that this one would definitely was not for me. I don't like cold, I don't like snow and who really needs another vacation pack, especially after the Star Wars debacle. All of that was before I noticed the customizable platforms! Still, was that enough to purchase another pack? Then I remembered the sim I haven't played in awhile. She started life as a Spellcaster and an elder or crone. She completed all her goals and then turned herself into a beautiful young Spellcaster! (I turned time off and used a few cheats). I think taking her to Japan and starting an epic story kinda reminiscent of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon would work nicely. I do hope they teach Martial Arts! Yep, I've ordered it and we're gonna be having some fun!

I don't know if martial arts has been added but we do have the kick/punch machine that came with Strangerville (I think). That will work for me until we get actual martial arts.
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,795 Member

Im excited by all the pack has and as I have been re-creating the Sims 2 Holiday lots I will be so happy to be able to use all of the pack to make my lots more like Japan :) I have the Traveler family ready for the family fun!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,916 Member
    The Olympic Games were due to be held in Tokyo this summer so we would have heard all about their customs on TV by now if Covid hadn't intervened. I'm looking forward to the pack and the postponed Olympic Games there (hopefully) next Summer on 23 July 2021.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2020

I'm glad you're now excited for the pack. :) Just to be clear, customizable platforms will be in the patch. There's no need to buy the pack just for that. Build mode features will always be patched into the game.
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,299 Member
    Loving the new pack, something the sims 4 have been missing. I already pre-order it.
    new.png
  • Options
    ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    After watching game changers content, super excited to preorder this pack!!!
  • Options
    Just read that you can have rental lots in San Myshuno. Penthouse lots on top of the buildings in San Myshuno can be changed to rentals so that's another building project ahead!
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Just read that you can have rental lots in San Myshuno. Penthouse lots on top of the buildings in San Myshuno can be changed to rentals so that's another building project ahead!

I was very happy to read this! I rarely have used these penthouses because they are for my rich Sims. However, with letting us have rentals everywhere it opens up so much gameplay possibilities and my poor sims can get a vacation in a luxurious lot on top of a beautiful penthouse!
  • Options
    86663958666395 Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope to add ancient Japanese clothing to the sims 4: Snowy Escape expansion pack, such as the armor of a Japanese samurai
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member
    I'm going to make that tall penthouse in Myshuno a rental.
  • Options
    TinyWhiteThangTinyWhiteThang Posts: 15 Member
    will they finally introduce clothes that work on both body frame types and not leave chest shadows and tucked in shirts under the chest lets find out!!
  • Options
    I found that my Sim could walk much further in this pack than the others. Starting my new game in winter I found the ice skating rink on the lowest slopes of Komorebi and after sending her & the family to the Lounge lot sent my Sim there. She not only got there without a loading screen from the lounge, she walked all the way back to the holiday rental with footmarks in the snow all the way.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Very disappointed that the rentals are rabbit holes and we can't control our Sims while in them - what's the point of them. The ones in Granite Falls are interactive.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2020
    Very disappointed that the rentals are rabbit holes and we can't control our Sims while in them - what's the point of them. The ones in Granite Falls are interactive.

What do you mean? They're not rabbit holes.

ETA: I just saw your answer about traveling there instead of vacationing. Still don't get why you thought they were rabbit holes, though.
    Post edited by IceyJ on