Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one annoyed by the bugs in this game ?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    The reality is, that there shouldn't need to be mods for the bugs. If the modders can fix it so can the sims team. It drives me bananas too when I am on the Answers HQ and they can't find the bug and ask for saves... even though the modder found and fixed it? *hmmm* Maybe they should just pay modders and put it in the game officially then. Obviously this isn't the case for all bugs, but a surprising amount have been fixed by the community.

Modders should be modding, things like adding extra whims or extra buffs. Some extra game play at times. I'm not sure what I can and can't mention as examples here so I'll just leave them all out but they should be modding, not fixing. Fixing is EA's job. Not that I don't appreciate what they do, because without them, some of us would be quite done by now, but it's really shouldn't be left up to them and I really feel like it is sometimes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    Of course there are people who are annoyed by the bugs in this game as there were bugs in all the versions even in Sims 4 and one thing that EA/Maxis is consistent on is handling of them. Some bugs will never be dealt with and some will and all you have do is think of the bugs that never was addressed in previous versions.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    If anyone has found a mod for the Acting Career bug please let me know. I love that career but I'm not playing it until it is fixed.

It is so gutting to spend so much money on the game and expansions etc then not be able to play your favourite career!!
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Acting is playable just don’t travel between audition and gig.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,149 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Get famous between gig and the job you can’t travel otherwise your sim will not go to work.

In get famous, I have also the bug that I don't get the skill portions anymore as soon as I change the family for the first time or moving somewhere else in a rotational play. Even a second character in the same family who got this fame trait later doesn't receive them.
  • Options
    What are skill potions ??
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't have any bugs in mine fortunately. THe odd one pops up but ti's been fixed quickly. Maybe some are there but they wouldn't factor into my playstyle so I don't notice them.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,392 Member
    Most annoying bug right now is that fertilizing plants can't be queued. A lot of my Sims have big gardens and it takes forever for them to fertilize all the plants when they have to do it one by one. If I even click the next plant after my Sim has finished the previous one it won't get fertilized. Also before this bug we were able to fertilize 5 plants with one fertilizer, now it uses one per plant and my Sims are always out of fertilizer. This thing is truly a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to deal with. :/
  • Options
    @Kimmer i read somewhere you can use bee box to fertilise a lot of plants instead of doing it manually.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Kimmer i read somewhere you can use bee box to fertilise a lot of plants instead of doing it manually.

Yes, i do it. I gave up fertilizing one at a time. I have my bee box in the middle of my plants and send them to polinize everyday.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Yes, I use bees to fertilize some areas of my Sims huge gardens, but I don't really like them. They always attack even when my Sim has full green relationship bar with them and I don't want to start making flower arrangements to calm the bees. It's taking too much time and it's frustrating when I just want my Sims to take care of their garden and fertilize plants how they used to. I just hope that the bug will be fixed.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Most annoying bug right now is that fertilizing plants can't be queued. A lot of my Sims have big gardens and it takes forever for them to fertilize all the plants when they have to do it one by one. If I even click the next plant after my Sim has finished the previous one it won't get fertilized. Also before this bug we were able to fertilize 5 plants with one fertilizer, now it uses one per plant and my Sims are always out of fertilizer. This thing is truly a pain in the 🌺🌺🌺🌺 to deal with. :/

I just downloaded a mod by Bienchen83 called "gardeningfix" that supposedly has fixes for fertilizing including being able to use pet poop for fertilizer again. Haven't tried it yet but this modder has provided a lot of fixes and upgrades for my game.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I did report bugs and click “me too” religiously but honestly at some points I felt like EA should pay me to do this quality assurance job to find bugs they should have found with their paid employees..... so I got fed up and stoped doing it.

I feel your pain and frustaration. My employer uses an accountig software that is such a mess that I've mentioned to our CFO that the company that makes it should be paying us to be their beta testers. Surely such a lame product can't be the finished version. Often feel that way about TS4, but I don't have access to their lowerarchy of command.
  • Options
    @Oldeseadogge this type of thing usually happens when there are no competitors. They just don’t care cuz they know there are a lot of people who like life simulator and the sims is the only option out there.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    @Kimmer and @jimbbq That is a very odd bug to have, and is one I have never had. And every Sim household in my game has a garden of some kind. A few gardener Sims grow only flowers, a few have gardens that contain crops that can be used in recipes, and a few are trying to grow every plant in the game to the perfect stage. I have a mod that allows all plants to go dormant only in the winter, but it is a recent addition to my list of mods, and even before I added it I did not have any problem with the fertilizing option. I use only growfruit as a fertilizer, though. I always have two growing in my gardens for this purpose. It's a lot easier than using fish your Sim has to catch. Or relying on those finicky, cranky bees. I guess my next question is: How long has it been since you deleted the localthumbcache then repaired your game through Origin? That cache file needs to be deleted often because it can bring known bugs into the game every time you fire up the game, even after installing mods to fix those bugs. Deleting that cache allows the game to install a 'clean' version of your saves. And repairing your game gets rid of things that shouldn't be hanging around and causing issues. I have fixed a lot of issues this way. I delete that cache after every play session as well as running the repair option every few days if I encounter lag issues, MCCC throwing LEs, or anything else I see as a problem happens more than once.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited May 2020
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Kimmer and @jimbbq That is a very odd bug to have, and is one I have never had. And every Sim household in my game has a garden of some kind. A few gardener Sims grow only flowers, a few have gardens that contain crops that can be used in recipes, and a few are trying to grow every plant in the game to the perfect stage. I have a mod that allows all plants to go dormant only in the winter, but it is a recent addition to my list of mods, and even before I added it I did not have any problem with the fertilizing option. I use only growfruit as a fertilizer, though. I always have two growing in my gardens for this purpose. It's a lot easier than using fish your Sim has to catch. Or relying on those finicky, cranky bees. I guess my next question is: How long has it been since you deleted the localthumbcache then repaired your game through Origin? That cache file needs to be deleted often because it can bring known bugs into the game every time you fire up the game, even after installing mods to fix those bugs. Deleting that cache allows the game to install a 'clean' version of your saves. And repairing your game gets rid of things that shouldn't be hanging around and causing issues. I have fixed a lot of issues this way. I delete that cache after every play session as well as running the repair option every few days if I encounter lag issues, MCCC throwing LEs, or anything else I see as a problem happens more than once.

They are actually kind of prolific bugs and a lot of people have them. :/ They've been around since about Island Living I think. It's annoying as all get out too to not be able to que up the actions and have to sit there. Maybe your mods inadvertently fix it? It still looks as if it's working, your sim will do the action, just if you click back to the plant you will see you can fertilize it forever until you actually stop and wait, then check and then fertilize the next one. The pet poop will never work though, no matter how long you wait before queing up the next. :|

Here's some links straight to the "me too" in case anyone wants to add theirs:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Unable-to-use-pet-poop-as-fertilizer/td-p/8539743
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Fertilize-several-plants-with-the-same-item-doesn-t-work/td-p/6932848
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I do clear the cache and repair my game quite often. This bug has been around quite a while now. I don't use mods (I've never used them), so my game is as vanilla as it gets. I'm obsessed with gardening in Sims 4 and it's been annoying to deal with these bugs, but I'm thinking of just giving up fertilizing big gardens. Dragon fruits will give my Sims a lot of money even if they're not the best quality.
  • Options
    I had no idea there was a bug like this out there. What a shame it is hitting so many players. The only plant-related mod I have is the one for keeping the plants from going dormant until winter hits. The little changes to the gardening system that came with Seasons kinda ruined my gardening experience until I found this particular mod. I hated having to wait for a particular season before plants would produce harvestables. I'm sorry my input doesn't help. :/
  • Options
    I think perhaps the reasons I am seeing so many bugs is because I play on the same save file for many generations. I like the same save file and build up the story of the whole game.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The one bothering me most right now is when you change to sims 3 camera, hold alt, then try to spin a brick or rock to change the direction of it. I like to do that when I use pavements that you spray on. They don't look good the way they are and need to be outlined. I like a more rounded effect rather than a sharp angle for paths, driveways etc.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've witnessed a new bug in my game but cannot put my finger on the trigger. I can only think that the two sims it has happened to returned from a community lot.

The bug is that they will not sleep despite a very low energy level. Put them to bed and they immediately jump out.
  • Options
    @calaprfy i think resetting the sims will help. I have mc command it is very handy.
  • Options
    I use MCCC to reset Sims and pets a lot as well. And it's a real thing that a save made up of several generations of families tends to have more problems than newer saves. And this happens no matter how careful a player is when adding mods and CC. I've had it happen with a vanilla save I have been using for a couple of years to test new updates and packs. But even being careful doesn't stop glitched Sims from showing up and no matter what I do to fix the situation, I usually end up deleting the Sim because nothing I do works. I'm actually having this problem in my newest save that was started four months ago. One of my main Sims has been glitching out while swimming in the ocean. On land or in a pool he is fine. But he refuses to swim in the ocean. He wades in and just as he is about to hit deep water, he teleports back to dry land. And for some odd reason, this began happening shortly after I bought DU and RoM in a bundle.

• Options
    I have situations where I can’t bring a sim to where my active sim is. So I have to delete he glitchy sim.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    For the first time I feel the bugs are worse than ever. Old bugs are back, building bugs, game play bugs, career bugs that break an entire pack and just becomes a waist of money for many. At some point you just can't play a certain way anymore and there is already so less to choose from when it comes to creative playing.

I think right now would be a good time for them to invest their time in fixing bugs and release a giant update. We haven't had any content or news for months and time is just ticking away. Fixing bugs seems more proper than ever for the time being.