Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do your sims have babies?

Comments

• Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    My current sims are YA and FA, previous were 2 FA. I only adopt, though.
    But then again - time has no meaning for my sims. They're vampires.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    As soon as I've finished their aspiration and the story I had for them (unless having lots of children is part of it). So, it varies.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited March 2020
    ArcherDK wrote: »

Vampires are undead (dead), so have to adopt (or seduce), then 'kill' and animate the new ones into the undead vampire family. Right?

Since the animated corps a vampire spirit or 'soul' has, that's why they need to suck blood from living beings to keep their undead body from drying up and falling apart.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    After they get Pregnant of course. B)
  • Options
    Gorand wrote: »
    After they get Pregnant of course. B)

Uhhm, well...

Yep.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    I consider young adulthood to be the 20s and 30s and adulthood to be the 40s and 50s, so my sims usually have kids halfway through young adulthood. I would wait longer if I wasn’t worried about them dying before seeing their grandchildren grow up.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I have them have kids immediately after getting married! I’m a family player, so I get bored if there aren’t any kids in the household.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    Normally late YA though in my current save they were both adults. I didn't mind so much because I achieved all I needed to for my sims and it felt like the right time.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    It depends, but I guess most often they have babies as YA. Seldom right in the beginning of young adulthood though, because having a baby usually changes playing quite a lot.
  • Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Vampires are undead (dead), so have to adopt (or seduce), then 'kill' and animate the new ones into the undead vampire family. Right?

Since the animated corps a vampire spirit or 'soul' has, that's why they need to suck blood from living beings to keep their undead body from drying up and falling apart.

That’s why? I thought they needed vitamin D from the blood that they couldn’t get from sunlight!
  • Options
    TheSims_IsMyLifeTheSims_IsMyLife Posts: 8 New Member
    I normally make my sims have babies at the end of Youngadulthood so that they can live a little before committing to having children. I never make my sims have pre-marital sex, mostly. I do this because I don't feel like the sims are 'together' until I tie the knot. I can see that they're boyfriend and girlfriend or vice versa but I just don't feel right making them have children before marriage.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I love ideas of the potion of youth, I wish I thought of that before I found mods.

I've extended YA and Adulthood and Elderhood slightly since I found my sims dying without seeing to much of their grandkids lives when they had kids early and mid adulthood beforehand, it made me way too sad.

It is usually YA they have kids but late YA.

But now with the extended age, I feel more safe having them in Adult age as well.
  • Options
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

That’s why? I thought they needed vitamin D from the blood that they couldn’t get from sunlight!

There are so many variations on the vampire thing... ;)
    That's the more 'romantic' version, I suppose. (More realistic too, though a deficiency would shorten life span, not extend it) Heh! If that was all, in the modern world you can just take a vitamin capsule a day to get vitamin D. You don't need to suck people's blood. :D
    But that would be boring now, wouldn't it?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Lately, never.

I'm tired of children, frankly. For generations upon generation I played family style and missed out on so many other parts of the game. I'm enjoying playing childfree sims lately. Sims get to spend their lives on their careers, pets, spouse, jobs, friends, parties, running businesses, or just days lazing around and relaxing. It's a much more soothing gameplay style for me. I've realized I really don't like playing more than 2 sims at a time.

:)
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Usually at young adult. They're old enough! Time to start the next generation! Then my house fills up with Sims because no one's elderly yet...

Once though, I turned on whims and decided to wait until both Sims had the Try for Baby whim at the same time. They were pushing elder when it finally happened. I'd spent days trying to make them romantic hoping it would pop up. I probably won't do that again...
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    My sims usually have kids while they're still young adults. I have custom aging via MCCC, so if they don't have kids early on, they might not live long enough to see their kids into adulthood. However, because my aging is wonky, most of my sims never get to meet their grandkids. I'm still experimenting with how long each stage should last. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    @floridameerkat Try lengthening the young adult and adult stages! Maybe keep everything else the same, but have young adults be there for 35 days and adults for 42 days? Unless that’s shorter than what you already have?
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    In my last few games my sim couples have children later in the adult stage. I love focusing on their careers and skills first.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Young Adult. I add in another life stage, sort of, when a sim is in the last half of adulthood by adding some extra wrinkles. That way there’s a transition period between adult and elder, and grandparents in the adult phase don’t look weirdly young.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Mostly Adult but sometimes late young adult. I like my sims to go to University, work on their careers, party at nightclubs a bit and get into trouble before settling down and having kids. I am usually pretty done with their lives and ready to start on the next generation.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Unless they have a family aspiration, I usually follow the sim's lead and wait until they get the "try for baby" whim. So, it varies.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Usually towards the end of young adulthood.
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    My current couple are about halfway through YA-hood with the lifespan set to long. At first I put off babies because they weren’t a couple when I started my challenge. And then they had too many things to do for the challenge that didn’t involve a baby. Now they are a couple, but they’ve never rolled the Whim to try for baby. I just decided to go for it because I get anxious that the parents will not live to see their children grow up if I wait too late. And I don’t know how many children I want them to have, so better get started now.

In the past, I’ve usually had children really early in the YA stage. I do remember once having an Adult Sim have a baby and I quite liked that because it was different from what I normally did.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited March 2020
    @Admiral8Q Actually no, I keep mortal children and feeding on family members is a big taboo. Some get turned or embraced, yes, but not all.

In my current family the reasons for their adopted daughter's embrace is very clearly explained in story that I've written. Their second daughter is a normal sim-turned-mage.

As for vampires - undead. Given that the thirst is not lethal, something else drives vampires to feed. Must be to keep inhuman side in check.
    Who really knows but them? They're supernatural, after all. They don't have to make any sense to work.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    FengaxFengax Posts: 9 New Member
    Definitely later in YA or early in Adults.

When I first started playing I had kids as soon as possible, very early on in YA. The problem is that my sim household would get very crowded later on, because the old generation is not dead and sometime there are even a 4th generation! (The grandkids had kids)

I guess having kids early on in YA is more realistic in real life, because for most people our grandparents gets to see us grown up at least, maybe even having kids. However, for me personally, its just too crowded.