Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Stuff/Game Packs Did/Will You Get on Sale?

Hu guys! I'm picking up Realm of Magic, since I'm a big supernatural fan and I've been on a Sims break for a while, but the sale is a great time to start playing again! I have all the expansions other than Get Famous, and a couple of game packs, but only one stuff pack. So I'm planning to get RoM and a stuff pack. What do you recommend? What did you get? Just want a fun thread to kill time. :)

Origin: TeoKnowsBest

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited March 2020
    None at the moment. I might get Tiny Living if it goes on sale, but I don't want any other stuff packs that I don't currently own. I am also missing Dine Out and Cats and Dogs but I hear that the former has a lot of bugs and is very slow, and the latter causes a lot of sick and homeless pets to spawn and that's just heartbreaking. Plus, I used pets less and less frequently in each iteration of the game and I know you can't control the pets this time so it seems like I wouldn't get the use out of it.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    None at the moment. I might get Tiny Living if it goes on sale, but I don't want any other stuff packs that I don't currently own. I am also missing Dine Out and Cats and Dogs but I hear that the former has a lot of bugs and is very slow, and the latter causes a lot of sick and homeless pets to spawn and that's just heartbreaking. Plus, I used pets less and less frequently in each iteration of the game and I know you can't control the pets this time so it seems like I wouldn't get the use out of it.

I have Cats and Dogs and I’ve never really experienced problems with it. I picked up RoM, tested it out a bit and it looks pretty fun! I’ll probably make a fun family with one of the parents being a regular sim to add a bit of story to it! :) Also, I’d het Tiny Living only for the bunk beds.

• Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    With the previous sales I got cool kitchen, laundry day, bowling night, & get to work; not all at the same time. Just got discover university.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I have Cats and Dogs and I’ve never really experienced problems with it. I picked up RoM, tested it out a bit and it looks pretty fun! I’ll probably make a fun family with one of the parents being a regular sim to add a bit of story to it! :) Also, I’d het Tiny Living only for the bunk beds.

There aren't any bunk beds in Tiny Living, they don't exist in the game yet. But the pack does come with Murphy beds and a 3 tiered build challenge that gives lot rewards and gameplay bonuses for how small your house is.

And also, a cool new Ghost type!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Island Living, finally!

koCxnEb.png
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

There aren't any bunk beds in Tiny Living, they don't exist in the game yet. But the pack does come with Murphy beds and a 3 tiered build challenge that gives lot rewards and gameplay bonuses for how small your house is.

And also, a cool new Ghost type!

Yes, I meant Murphy beds! Lol

• Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm buying TS4 for the first time, just built a PC after being with a mac (having TS3) for years.... which expansion packs are the ones to go for?
  • Options
    musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    I want to purchase every expansion, game and stuff pack there is. However, I only want to make one purchase on everything. I'm currently having trouble doing that. It will allow me to purchase an expansion pack, game or stuff pack at once, or do a bundle where I can purchase an expansion, game or stuff pack. There's no way to contact EA about wanting to do this either.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Between strangerville vs realms of magic which one would you recommend.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Tiny Living if it ever goes on sale. Its the only pack Im missing but Im not in a big hurry to have it in my game.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited March 2020
    I bought Cats and Dogs, Seasons, and Discover University, Vampires, Strangerville, Spooky Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and Fitness Stuff on sale.

The rest of the items I have (Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Island Living, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Laundry Day Stuff, and Tiny Living Stuff) I bought for full price, got as gifts, or won in a giveaway.

I'm planning on getting Spa Day next time it goes on sale, and if I have the money I'll add Jungle Adventure too.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I’m considering getting Outdoor Retreat as it might add more to my current gameplay style of playing off the grid and living off the land. And it has the herbalism skill. Other than that, I think there is a lot of content I’ve haven't explored in the game yet so I’m not in a rush to buy anything else.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I own all but here are my top pics:

Gamepacks: Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Vampires (you probably already own), Parenthood if you like families, Dine out

Stuffpacks: Backyard, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Kids stuff (if you like kid play), Bowling, Cool kitchen, Tiny living
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    2 days ago I was dead set on not getting anything other than Tiny Living when it goes on sale, now I'm wondering if I should get it in a bundle with Cats and Dogs and Dine Out. Sometimes I really hate my brain!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I can't keep track because I surfed a lot of sales. I know I got ROM on sale. I did a lot of bundling an EP, GP and SP to reduce the total cost. I did that with Get Famous, Discover University and some others. I think that's a good way to get stuff packs that you like but don't have.

The world is pretty small but Get Famous is probably a good choice if you want a sim or sims to pursue fame. I actually like DU though it sounds like there are mixed opinions from others. It just depends on whether you want to be a more supernatural or realistic player.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    jimbbq wrote: »

Definitely RoM. Stranerville is that pack that you play once and never touch it ever again, since it's story based.

• Options
    mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    I’m getting Outdoor Retreat because I love camping irl and I’ve wanted it for a long time for my sim families. I’m also getting Spa Day mostly because I want the yoga skill. I’m thinking about getting Perfect Patio while it’s on sale but I’m on the fence.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I have most packs, but I might get Moschino or My First Pet if there's a -50% sale on those.
  • Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    In this sale I bought Base Game (been playing on PS4) Cats & Dogs and City Living. Going to get 1 more, which is best University or Seasons?!
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,323 Member
    BB0990 wrote: »
    In this sale I bought Base Game (been playing on PS4) Cats & Dogs and City Living. Going to get 1 more, which is best University or Seasons?!

It seems Seasons is still pretty popular these days.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member

Definitely RoM. Stranerville is that pack that you play once and never touch it ever again, since it's story based.

But I feel RoM is like Vampires. I played Vampires once and never played again. Strangerville feels like a new direction that I never played before. .. hmmm ...

• Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'm pretty sure I've gotten every pack minus Seasons on sale. SPs I'd recommend are Kids Room, Toddler, Laundry, Cool Kitchen, and Backyard Stuff.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member

But I feel RoM is like Vampires. I played Vampires once and never played again. Strangerville feels like a new direction that I never played before. .. hmmm ...

Strangerville is the pack that you either love or hate, nothing in between. I absolutely adore Strangerville and am in my fourth playthrough at the moment. None was finished in under seven sims weeks, so for me the pack was good value for money. But truth be told, you could finish the story in about three real life hours and then all that's left are a new new career (military) and a two-neighborhood town. I really don't know whether to recommend or to warn about that pack.
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    None, The ones I don’t have I don’t want. My top recommendations would be Parenthood, Seasons, & Discover University.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    I

Strangerville is the pack that you either love or hate, nothing in between. I absolutely adore Strangerville and am in my fourth playthrough at the moment. None was finished in under seven sims weeks, so for me the pack was good value for money. But truth be told, you could finish the story in about three real life hours and then all that's left are a new new career (military) and a two-neighborhood town. I really don't know whether to recommend or to warn about that pack.

I like a lot of the stuff that comes with it, plus the military career. I tried the quest months ago and failed at the last hurdle (my main sim died)so I didn't have the heart to try it again. The save I started yesterday is the first time I have planned to try it again and right now I am not at the right point in the "story" to initiate it. I got the pack with money off so for me it was worth it but I wouldn't want to constantly redo the quest. Fortunately it's easy enough to ignore the storyline in saves where you don't want to use the world itself.