Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tiny Living - But

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    I know they most likely have different teams working on different packs, but releasing this after Discover University makes it feel like they took the Murphy Bed and made a separate pack for it. I would probably have waited to release this, especially if ladders or spiral staircases are under development.

Idk I thought they reformulated their way of making packs. Didn't they say they were just one whole team now, and would work on content and packs together, instead of having separate teams?

That sounds really rough since they are making so many packs every year. Imagine having deadlines to make content for Moschino, Island Living, Realm of Magic and Discover University all at once for 2019.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,910 Member
    Another MFP stuff case. Though the Murphy bed doesn’t have the same style as University build/buy.
    logion wrote: »
    I know they most likely have different teams working on different packs, but releasing this after Discover University makes it feel like they took the Murphy Bed and made a separate pack for it. I would probably have waited to release this, especially if ladders or spiral staircases are under development.

• Options
    VanillaIvoryVanillaIvory Posts: 4 New Member
    Totally bummed there's not bunk beds, or an oven combined with a microwave, washing machine/dryer that fits under the counter, sofa bed...
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,115 Member
    I don't think it's all just about tiny and multi-function stuff though, it looks like a build challenge to get a functioning house within a certain tile limit? Or am I watching the trailer wrong?
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I love tiny houses for my sims, but I don't see why the Murphy bed seems to be the only new object? Not sure many of my sims will use that bed, I'd much prefer bunk beds. Won't mind the new 1 tile desk, but hoping for more smaller versions of stuff we already got, or something new and practical for smaller homes. I don't need lots of same furniture just in new colors to build a small home, I already have many homes smaller than 100 floor tiles. Can't wait to see what more the pack offers though, was hoping for ladders, but I can't see any. I think they could easily have put more tiny-space items into this pack to make it more useful. I hardly use lot traits like easier talking or learning etc, because I dislike the floating icons that are a pain when telling stories or making films. Wondering if the "better relations" lot tag will come with hefty icons or not.

Guess I sound negative, but my first thought when seeing this pack was - Yes, cool! So, I'm basically excited to learn more. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    ... I'd never even heard of murphy beds before they were included in Sims 2 Apartment Life, whereas we've had sofa beds in my house from time to time. ...

Aha, thanks - I wondered why I have no strong feelings about the Murphy bed, as I played all 4 sims series. But I never got the TS2 apartment pack. Agree that sofa bed would be very cool in tiny homes, I used to have a bed like that in my teen room "hundred years" ago :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am not making the descision until we learn more, but right now it looks kind of boring to me. No bunkbeds, no ladders, reskinned objects with minimal changes. Another pack that I am never going to buy.
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    You'd think they'd take the five seconds to search 'tiny house build challenge' on youtube to see the type of objects people keep asking for over and over to make these challenges more fun to do
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,199 Member
    I wish we could get the Heartshape Beds & Bunk Beds back.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    xMarianx wrote: »
    I am more excited for this pack, than the arts & crafts one that will come later.

I miss spiral staircases from TS3, and ladders would have been nice. I kinda miss bunkbeds, but I only want them if the devs make them better than they were in TS3, were sims would climb up/down on the side that was placed against the wall.

I've never seen that bug. In my experience the bunk beds function, but I do have a bug that triplicates overlapping bunk beds (in the interest of being fair, lol).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm very much looking forward to it. The new Murphy? beds are so nice. I can't wait to use those in my sims smaller sized homes.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    I’m intrigued, but not sure I’m sold on it yet. Now, if it comes with a new world— even if with just one neighborhood— with some small lots, I would definitely snap it right up! Otherwise, I will wait and see

One positive thing is that it gives me hope that we will eventually see some more of the other choices from old surveys and votes..
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    thecatsred wrote: »
    No spiral staircases? No ladders?

In case you didn’t notice, no stuff packs have ever added new build mode features. New types of staircases are impossible in a stuff pack as they don’t have build mode engineers (i.e. client engineers) assigned on the stuff pack team.

It’s the same reason that no modders have been able to make functional spiral staircases or functional ladders, as client engineers are required to make new build mode features.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    100 tiles so 10x10? easy to do without issue. my very first house build on comfy cubby in Newcrest was 6x8 and that was for a single person. so even with a murphy/fold away bed it doesn't really do much to change anything anyway as your sim still has to get to the bed.

For vampires it streamlines things a bit without any bedrooms at all and going by the basics. minimum 3x(whatever single digit) for the bathroom room, a tv a sofa and whatever else, it is very doable for a vampire to go much smaller than a regular sim, unless you plan to live from what is scattered about; grilled foods, foodstalls, chessboards in parks, public toilets, libraries and the like, but then what would be the point in living anywhere if you are spending 80% of each day away from the house?
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    100 tiles so 10x10? easy to do without issue. my very first house build on comfy cubby in Newcrest was 6x8 and that was for a single person. so even with a murphy/fold away bed it doesn't really do much to change anything anyway as your sim still has to get to the bed.

For vampires it streamlines things a bit without any bedrooms at all and going by the basics. minimum 3x(whatever single digit) for the bathroom room, a tv a sofa and whatever else, it is very doable for a vampire to go much smaller than a regular sim, unless you plan to live from what is scattered about; grilled foods, foodstalls, chessboards in parks, public toilets, libraries and the like, but then what would be the point in living anywhere if you are spending 80% of each day away from the house?
    I hear in some places like France, etc, people only go home to shower and sleep. I find that a bit interesting, but not personally sustainable, lol. But some people have a good point in actually living your life outside, and interacting with the world, rather than hiding away from most of it. :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I already make 5x5 homes, so this "challenge" is not really challenging. This may spawn more tiny living challenges on youtube.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited January 2020
    I already make 5x5 homes, so this "challenge" is not really challenging. This may spawn more tiny living challenges on youtube.

Maybe but...
    Doesn't a murphy bed take up the exact same space as a normal bed in build mode? So if they have already built tiny homes this bed will not make the houses much...smaller. In fact, a single bed sounds like a better choice unless you really want a double bed and combine it with a living room or something I guess.
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    it's a stuff pack. i don't understand why people still expect so many gameplay items in stuff packs..
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    oh well it will go on sale sometime or used to help make a bundle
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Bunk beds would have been so great to have here. They've been highly requested for years, so it's strange to not see them incorporated here.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    In the interests of tiny living I would rather have seen different space saving beds. But I guess that would fall under this:

A lot of stuff packs have had more than one game play object.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    LatteCrab wrote: »
    Hoverael wrote: »

I hear in some places like France, etc, people only go home to shower and sleep. I find that a bit interesting, but not personally sustainable, lol. But some people have a good point in actually living your life outside, and interacting with the world, rather than hiding away from most of it. :)

Sure, but not all your time. at some point you'll want to hide away from the world and recharge those batteries. Even a gregarious soul will want to spend some time alone to themselves for some "me time". it is essential for anyone to have some time to themselves and regularly that means spending it home away from the world where you can release that tension in a familiar place.
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    thecatsred wrote: »
    No spiral staircases? No ladders?

In case you didn’t notice, no stuff packs have ever added new build mode features. New types of staircases are impossible in a stuff pack as they don’t have build mode engineers (i.e. client engineers) assigned on the stuff pack team.

It’s the same reason that no modders have been able to make functional spiral staircases or functional ladders, as client engineers are required to make new build mode features.

I didn't know this, thank you. Wasn't active on twitter in '17.

However, that doesn't really excuse their lack of ladders and spiral stairs for the past 2 years and change. Esp since they've got sims able to route up hills. Having them walk up a curve shouldn't be so hard. Or reusing a "climb ladder" animation from pools or IL.