Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member
    I've only just discovered that if you place the potty near the TV, toddlers gain potty and imagination skills at the same time

That's interesting to know. Looks like my mission today is moving all potties to the living room.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    If you move out a family while another Sim is visiting their lot, the visitor gets left behind.
    Then, if you play as the visitor in the vacant home, you have free access to everything in the house. You can cook meals, sleep on the beds, act like it's your own home -- and NO ONE will tell you it's inappropriate, because NO ONE lives there.
    I had a house party and invited over a bunch of friends.

Sad side effect of the move out, though: Patchy was not on his tree when the family moved, so was also left behind on the old lot, and no longer on his tree when I rezzed it on the new lot. I saw him hanging out at the old lot before he vanished because his tree wasn't there.
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    Lithilien wrote: »
    When you have a swimming pool and your child is swimming, you can click a parent and choose "teach how to swim", parent will get in the pool and coach the swimming child

I am not sure but this might be game pack related (Parenthood)
  • Options
    FaeChaiFaeChai Posts: 87 Member
    I didn't know about "Fire Foam". My Sim just fished something called "Fire Foam" which is basically a fire extinguisher. Had no idea that was in game.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I didn't know sims could mess with the box of decorations to make it shock whoever tries to decorate the house next unless they spend 50 simoleans to repair it first. I'm guessing this is because of high mischief skill
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Sims in the scientist career can accuse others of being an alien under the mean category. When accusing an actual alien that alien will remove their disguise.

Cool to know, but saddens me somehow, because is being an alien bad? It seems about as appropriate as accusing someone of being a certain nationality. Utsu.

Aliens are evil demons.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Sims in the scientist career can accuse others of being an alien under the mean category. When accusing an actual alien that alien will remove their disguise.

Cool to know, but saddens me somehow, because is being an alien bad? It seems about as appropriate as accusing someone of being a certain nationality. Utsu.

Aliens are evil demons.

That’s xenophobic. Not all aliens are evil, and they certainly aren’t demons. I’m writing a book in which the main character is an alien, and she’s actually really nice.
  • Options
    I didn't know you could take fish, from fishing, and put them into a fish bowl. My vampire sim now has a pet Bat Fish.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    RoM's Emotional Stability potion can remove jungle curses. Makes sense, considering they're basically just negative moodlets that may kill you if you don't get rid of them in time, and this potion is one way to go about it.
  • Options
    I didn't know that if you told your child to eat they will pull an apple out of thin air and eat it.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    When you have a swimming pool and your child is swimming, you can click a parent and choose "teach how to swim", parent will get in the pool and coach the swimming child

I am not sure but this might be game pack related (Parenthood)

It's not. I don't have Parenthood and I can confirm that it is in my game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    I didn’t know you could change a Sims posture in CAS! If you click on their back, you can edit their alignment / posture to make their chest stick out more. I was shook.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I didn’t know you could change a Sims posture in CAS! If you click on their back, you can edit their alignment / posture to make their chest stick out more. I was shook.

I've just hopped on to check this and I am amazed!
  • Options
    I didn't know that Caleb Vatore has a mystery sim under his Genealogy. It's blank (no face or name) but it shows that there was someone there.
  • Options
    afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    FaeChai wrote: »
    I didn't know that Caleb Vatore has a mystery sim under his Genealogy. It's blank (no face or name) but it shows that there was someone there.

It shows up when you create siblings that don't have parents. They need to be connected on the family tree (he needs to be linked with his sister Lilith) but they don't have created parents so a placeholder is there instead.
  • Options
    afai1261 wrote: »
    FaeChai wrote: »

It shows up when you create siblings that don't have parents. They need to be connected on the family tree (he needs to be linked with his sister Lilith) but they don't have created parents so a placeholder is there instead.

Oh that's interesting. I don't have Lilith in my game any more cuz I deleted her but guess it stuck.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I didn't know that you could win an award for wearing tight pants.

08mup2m.jpg

Sounds like "fans love your butt" award with extra steps
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    If a sim makes their significant other mad, the "WooHoo" option becomes "Apologize... in Bed."

I loved that one when it surprised me, but hadn't seen it in a while. Was worried they got rid of it. Glad if they haven't.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Aliens are evil demons.

That’s xenophobic. Not all aliens are evil, and they certainly aren’t demons. I’m writing a book in which the main character is an alien, and she’s actually really nice.

Hoping they were kidding. One of my most romantic games was a marriage to alien Star Boyd, and he built her an underground wedding chapel to accommodate her paranoid needs. They raised lovely twin alien hybrid daughters Astra and Skye, and numerous grandkids including blue-skinned celebrity Storm Rocca. Star Boyd never wore a human disguise.. Gordon wouldn't have wanted her to, at home or anywhere. She was lovely in her wedding gown and green skin.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    toddlers can now interact with the bookcase and choose to read a book!!!!!
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Perhaps this is an already well-known fact, but it's a new discovery for me so thought I'd share. If your Sims get married at the Romance Festival (a City Living EP feature), they get a celebratory fireworks show. I already knew that. But, did you know the fireworks will also fly high if your Sims woo hoo during this event?

I didn't know until I saw them going off when my randy couple were going at it in a closet behind the Karaoke bar. I always put one there for just such an, er, emergency. ;)
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,661 Member

That's useful information, now to get into cas cheats and straighten all my elders backs!
    MLgj4Vx.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top