Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which iteration of The Sims did you start from?

Comments

• Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    The Sims 1
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m definitely an OG Triple OG

I remember killing my child Sims in Sims 1 because they had glasses.

That is too funny!! :D
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    Used to watch my sis playing it but what really started me playing was makin' magic :blush: I was like 5 though :sweat_smile: I still remember being at store asking mom to buy it because the cover was so cool :joy: it still is though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    The Sims 1
    TS1 GO!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    The Sims 1
    All the way from the beginning.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    The Sims 1
    I was about 10 when TS1 came out and I have been a simmer ever since. :)
  • Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    The Sims 4
    The Sims 4 is the first Sims game I heard about. I was watching YouTube and I stumbled across a Sims 4 let's play. Best thing that ever happened to me! :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The Sims 1
    I consider myself very lucky to have had the experience of the game when such things were so new and exciting. I don't think that feeling will ever be the same for newer generations. They expect perfection and I felt I was a partner in participating in a new experiment especially made for people like me then found that millions felt the same way.
    Considering the cost of very slow internet cable speeds (I got cable in 1997), I think Sims 1 and 2 cost me more than the rest put together. With those, I remember so much time downloading programs and CC and waiting so long for it to arrive.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    The Sims 3
    The Urbz actually:) Does it count as Sims 1 or Sims 2 ?
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    The Sims 2
    I remember being introduced to TS1 once round a friend's house when I was about 9 or 10. Didn't know which one it was, so when I told my parents I was really into 'The Sims' they bought TS2 & Nightlife for me and honestly that game/ep is still my favourite. I was so hooked by all the little details. Tempted to reinstall all my old TS2 games!
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    The Sims 4
    While I wish I could've started with The Sims 1 or 2, I didn't exist when 1 came out and I was super young when 2 came out..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The Sims 1
    I played the Sims 1 with no expansion packs, then went straight to Sims 4.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The Sims 1
    Interesting question and I'm quite surprised at the biggest majority having stuck around since the beginning.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The Sims 1
    Ended up cramming every pack on the pc, and oh! the laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag <3
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    The Sims 2
    I started with TS2, and it's still my favourite! :smiley:
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    Dianesims wrote: »

This poll is specifically for the PC version. :)
    Post edited by Hestia on
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The Sims 2
    I started with Sims 2 and loved it. It worked really well for rotational play. I never played Sims 3 because I am one of the few who doesn't like story progression. (I want to control the world. 😀)

But actually my first exposure to anything Sims was My Sims. I played that one with my children.
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    The Sims 1
    The sims 1 - My friends neighbours kids played it and that's how I was introduced. My dad then went out and bought me the base game as well as Livin' it up and Ive followed the game ever since! 19 years ago!!! Wow!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    The Sims 3
    My friends played sims 2 but I didn’t until sims 3

It’s the best imo
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    The Sims 1
    Dianesims wrote: »

personally count it as ts2 spinoff
    but yay for the urbz gang! always had love for it though i don't recall ever finishing because i kept wanting to chill at gasoline row :joy:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The Sims 1
    @Simmingal I played Urbz on that old Nokia N-Gage. Very nostalgic. :) They had a bit of farming and a killer rooster lol
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    The Sims 4
    I started playing November 2017 :)
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sims 1
    I started with the Sims 1 but I didn't like it cause it seemed quite pointless to me without any aging or death. Sims 2 was the game that really got me hooked on this game series.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3, but I only got it after the Sims 4 had been out and my friend had an extra copy she gave me. I loved that game and bought several expansions. Sadly, my computer can no longer run it as well as it used to. So until I get a better computer, I enjoy the Sims 4.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The Sims 1
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I started with the Sims 1 but I didn't like it cause it seemed quite pointless to me without any aging or death. Sims 2 was the game that really got me hooked on this game series.

There was plenty of death in that game actually. That's where the original take the pool ladder away came about, because they couldn't get out of the pool any other way. The not aging part was weird, especially for the kids. It was the first one though and if you started with it that's the way it was. I do remember playing it and thinking oh I wish they could do this or that. The main problem with that game for me was it was all time/need management. It was hard to have fun on your sim for long. Fun was a need and sometimes you got it out of the way because the next need was demanding attention. There were mods of course later. I really got into modding things like needs to make it more enjoyable as time went on.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The Sims 1
    The original! Bought on release. I'd gotten into Maxis games via SimCity 2000 and SimCity 3000, so The Sims was a no brainer. Switched to Sims 2 in 2004, and then to Sims 4 in 2018. I have the Sims 3 and many of its expansions, but I never embraced it.