Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    RhinoShakeRhinoShake Posts: 6 New Member
    Is it possible to create a room with no floor? I'm trying to enclose my garden without sending all my plants to inventory.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just found out that if your sims fart in a water, it produces different sound and more bubbly (is that a word?), too realistic..
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    RhinoShake wrote: »
    Is it possible to create a room with no floor? I'm trying to enclose my garden without sending all my plants to inventory.

Just click the floor, and you should have the option to remove it.

• Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    RhinoShake wrote: »

I don't remember if building the room elsewhere, removing the floor and then placing it in where you want it works. Have you tried that?
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member
    @Lithilien Yep! Very useful for summoning ghosts and fulfilling needs, but your sim must complete the Bestselling Author aspiration in order to gain the ability to write it, then bind it to another sim while they're still alive. You can make copies of a book of life before binding it and then bind the copies to other people, so you don't have to write one for every single sim. The authors cannot bind the books to themselves, however.

Great stuff, I definitely have to make one of my sims a bestselling author !! thx !!
  • Options
    > @treece01 said:
    > RhinoShake wrote: »
    >
    > Is it possible to create a room with no floor? I'm trying to enclose my garden without sending all my plants to inventory.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't remember if building the room elsewhere, removing the floor and then placing it in where you want it works. Have you tried that?

That's a brilliant idea. Turns out drawing the fence as enclosure works. The "place fence by drawing" tool creates a room and adds a floor when you're done. Moving the floorless room works pretty well, though.
  • Options
    What makes wild plants mature? Is it time spent on the lot? I have yet to see on any Sim the tomato bush (out by Johnny Zest) advance to a stage where I can obtain a cutting. On my current Sim neither of the wild onions I check want to mature. Some plants mature just fine. Others don't. What's the mechanism?
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    Sometimes during a loading screen, you'll be treated with this message.
    ovCc5S6.png
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @RhinoShake They may not be in season.
  • Options
    GasolineCreaGasolineCrea Posts: 135 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    Sometimes during a loading screen, you'll be treated with this message.
    ovCc5S6.png

i saw that recently when my gave was having a sad and almost leaped out of my skin sksk
    i know its the mother NOW, but let me just tell you, at the time i had a Moment™
    So many sorcerers ~
  • Options
    GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 76 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Willow Creek's neighbourhoods are Foundry Cove (where BFF live), Courtyard Lane (where The Pancakes live), Pendula View (The Goths live here) and Sage Estates (where The Spencer-Kim-Lewis' live).

Oasis Springs neighborhoods are Parched Prospect, Bedrock Strait, Acquisition Butte and Skyward Palms. Windenburg neighborhoods are Countgryside, Old Town, Business District and Island.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Cats can sit in Kavah bowls but they do clip through them.

48152163367_2af397921e_b.jpg
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    People probably know this but you can cut back on heating bills in winter when you wear outside clothes inside. Just make some cold outfits look like cozy inside clothes and your sims will be warm.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    People probably know this but you can cut back on heating bills in winter when you wear outside clothes inside. Just make some cold outfits look like cozy inside clothes and your sims will be warm.

I even do this in real life! Since having my extra heater on constantly costs. :D
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I don't know how behind I am on this as with all the sim kids I've ever I've never seen that they can work on homework before they get home and his homework was actually 25% complete. Didn't know that could happen.
    RrLB4J0.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    I don't know how behind I am on this as with all the sim kids I've ever I've never seen that they can work on homework before they get home and his homework was actually 25% complete. Didn't know that could happen.
    RrLB4J0.png

Do you have any mods that might be responsible for this? I've never had this notification in my saves.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    RrLB4J0.png

I had this happen for the first time yesterday as well. Did this come with the patch or were we that inattentive? 😂
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    RrLB4J0.png

I had this happen for the first time yesterday as well. Did this come with the patch or were we that inattentive? 😂

Oh wow, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Must have been patched in.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    RrLB4J0.png

Weird huh. FYI I use two mods: one that adds additional defendr objects so that I can play off the grid (since the light obviously doesn't work) and one that allows me to change the washtub off the grid. Out of these I'm not sure why any of them would be causing this? It's always possible though.

@RedDestiny92 do you use any of these?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I only have pose player right now and I've used it many times and never gotten this addition not sure where it could have come from.

Edit I need more coffee didn't see how many commented or rather the confusion or something whichever lol. I may not have paid attention but I've never had anyone come home with homework partially done before even if I did miss the notification. Glad I'm not the only one unsure about it though lol.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I just found out today that the Menorah candles(Seasons table light) can be lit at the same time, or individually.
    46464940602_42d0034608_b.jpg

Didn't know that, either :)

@HillyBeth
    thats because of the hanuka holiday in judiasm: you light one candle each day for 8 days and it keeps going and going until all 8 are lit.:)

-Yarden.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    February11 wrote: »
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I just found out today that the Menorah candles(Seasons table light) can be lit at the same time, or individually.
    46464940602_42d0034608_b.jpg

Didn't know that, either :)

@HillyBeth
    thats because of the hanuka holiday in judiasm: you light one candle each day for 8 days and it keeps going and going until all 8 are lit.:)

I love it! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    RrLB4J0.png

Weird huh. FYI I use two mods: one that adds additional defendr objects so that I can play off the grid (since the light obviously doesn't work) and one that allows me to change the washtub off the grid. Out of these I'm not sure why any of them would be causing this? It's always possible though.

@RedDestiny92 do you use any of these?

I thought it was from the Slice of Life mod(which I have installed) or something! I guess it came with Island Living?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    maybe it did come with the pack, and I'm not completely unobservant..or something lol I wonder if it can trigger for younger kids.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top