Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Babies: What do you want to see changed to make the most of this life-state?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want the ability to help them blow out the candles on the cake. I can't tell you how many times my Mom has had my siblings when they were babies blow out the candles. They actually kinda just spit on the cake which got the candles out, but it was so cute!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Give their lifestage a purpose. I just age them up a day after birth. I'd love to keep them around longer and make my sims lives more difficult for a nice challenge.

They need skills like toddlers. A play mat that goes on the floor so they can learn to roll over and use their hands and legs to grab and kick. Eventually after that skill move on to sitting up and crawling. Maybe even be able to eat baby food in the highchair after sitting up which your sim would have to feed them. Giving them a bath and changing their clothes and appearance. Taking them for walks in the stroller would be great.

There's probably a lot more to make the lifestage fun, that's just a few things I'd love to see.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited April 2019
    I want more things to do with them. I want to take them on walks, I want the mother to SIT THE HECK DOWN when she's breastfeeding them, I want baby swings (which should also be usable by toddlers), I want more bassinets, I want the ability to customize and create them in CAS. The list goes on. L

edit: LOL didn't realize I had posted on this before until I got to the bottom. Sorry y'all!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    purpleplumpurpleplum Posts: 25 Member
    @Cabelle1863 said:
    I want them to be like babies in Sims 2, with a few features of Sims 3.

* Bathe them in a sink
    * Change them using a changing table
    * Put them on a play mat or in the baby swing
    * Take them for a walk in a stroller
    * Have the option of using a crib
    * Better details on the babies like in Sims 2 so we can see their hair & eye color
    * Rock them in a rocking chair

That sounds about perfect. Not too much work for the team (I think) but still adding a good amount to the base game. Later maybe they could add a baby stuff pack.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Crawling! I so miss the crawling stage for toddlers.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    i'm pretty sure it was toddlers who could be taken out in a stroller not babies, in previous games.
    But taking them out on a play mat would be super cute. Just imagine the screenshots! <3<3<3 I'd love to have different kind of interactions/animations on the mat. Amazing! I'm such a legacy player so it would be perfect.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Vagenius wrote: »
    Give their lifestage a purpose. I just age them up a day after birth. I'd love to keep them around longer and make my sims lives more difficult for a nice challenge.

They need skills like toddlers. A play mat that goes on the floor so they can learn to roll over and use their hands and legs to grab and kick. Eventually after that skill move on to sitting up and crawling. Maybe even be able to eat baby food in the highchair after sitting up which your sim would have to feed them. Giving them a bath and changing their clothes and appearance. Taking them for walks in the stroller would be great.

There's probably a lot more to make the lifestage fun, that's just a few things I'd love to see.

Exactly! this is basically my thoughts on it as well. It's not about 'that's not how it was done before' it's about 'what could be done now' if possible. That's how ideas for the TS4 toddler started in these forums :smiley: . I love the ideas that inspired the freeplay babies update too. Adding to the "cradle to grave" experience I feel is always valid. TS4 was originally said to be focused on the "sims themselves"
    Simpkin wrote: »
    i'm pretty sure it was toddlers who could be taken out in a stroller not babies, in previous games.
    But taking them out on a play mat would be super cute. Just imagine the screenshots! <3<3<3 I'd love to have different kind of interactions/animations on the mat. Amazing! I'm such a legacy player so it would be perfect.

It was also for babies too in TS3 :smiley: . I used to take my infants out for walks in the Generations stroller. Part of me sort of wishes for a double stroller...but maybe that's pushing it :lol: .
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    I’d like the ability to create or delete them from CAS. It’s annoying having to make my Sims woohoo in order to get a baby sometimes or having to age them up to a toddler in the household and then go into CAS to delete them.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Make them as cute as the Sims 2 babies with the gameplay and cool objects and mobility of the Sims 2 and 3. I would like to take babies to places and on vacation. I would like a CAS option for babies and ability to make them into supernaturals from CAS too. I would love to see the food processor patched in to make baby food again. It would be neat if Sims could warm the baby milk and put it in the fridge too. Not sure if the game rating would allow a breast pump for milk, but would be cool for Sims to do that and be able to store it in the fridge.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    To add more specific examples than my previous post included.
    Real cribs-The bassinets are so small and boring, I'd like large cribs so they can have more space.
    Baby mats and playpens-I want the babies to be able to have a space where they can be out of the crib, whether in their own room or anywhere in the house. It would be great if it was portable so the babies could be taken to the park or other places.
    Baby swings- It would be cute to have this chair for them that you can put anywhere so you can always have a place to sit the baby with their parent(s) when they're doing certain actives like cooking or work from home.
    Toys-rattles and small things like the rubber ducky the toddlers can play with would be so cute.
    Traits-I think some of the toddler traits like charmer, angelic, and fussy can be used for babies to determine how much they cry, etc.
    CAS-different clothing options would be nice to have. Like onsies, different types of shirts and pants, accessories for girls like bows. Also a little bit of hair so we can see their hair color. Also different eye colors.
  • Options
    mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    The whole pregnancy/birth system needs a revamp. Sims should be able to get an ultrasound, have a baby shower, and react to the pregnancy in different ways based on their situation and personality. I hate the hospital birth right now. I’d like a hospital birth without that horrible machine, and an option to give birth at home with a midwife or something like that.
    As for the actual babies, they should be CAS customizable and have actual features (more skin color options, hair). I’d like them to be able to use the high chair, be set down in a chair or on the floor(with a blanket) have their own toys that can go in their cribs, walk in strollers, and overall react more to the outside world.
  • Options
    ClassicSimsClassicSims Posts: 49 Member
    I'd like an ultrasound option, abortion, teen pregnancy and overall a better way of handling babies. Being able to carry them, hear them say their first words. Carry them around the house, play with them in the sofa or bed, put them on the floor and let them move themselves.