The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Were cars hinted at in the Maxis Monthly?

Throughout the stream, a few minor things popped up that could possibly be hinting at the addition of cars with the future patch. What do you think?

Link to stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317544173##

Firstly, at 32:30 Kate uses the term "driving" which makes perfect sense in the context used but was an interesting choice nonetheless.

At 33:09 the description for the new Style Influencer career includes the word "vehicle" as a part of its description.

When Simgururomeo takes control of the stream he builds what resembles a garage.

Lastly, this was pointed out by @stilljustme2
It makes sense that we'd get terrain tools in preparation for cars. As it stands, if we tried to build a garage with a home that has a foundation, the garage would also need a foundation. With the inclusion of terrain tools, we can build a home with a foundation and garage without one.

Of course, this is all minor speculation but I'm still very curious to see how this plays out. Do you think cars will be coming, or if this was all just a coincidence?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,519 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Throughout the stream, a few minor things popped up that could possibly be hinting at the addition of cars with the future patch. What do you think?

Link to stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/317544173##

Firstly, at 32:30 Kate uses the term "driving" which makes perfect sense in the context used but was an interesting choice nonetheless.

At 33:09 the description for the new Style Influencer career includes the word "vehicle" as a part of its description.

When Simgururomeo takes control of the stream he builds what resembles a garage.

Lastly, this was pointed out by @stilljustme2
    It makes sense that we'd get terrain tools in preparation for cars. As it stands, if we tried to build a garage with a home that has a foundation, the garage would also need a foundation. With the inclusion of terrain tools, we can build a home with a foundation and garage without one.

Of course, this is all minor speculation but I'm still very curious to see how this plays out. Do you think cars will be coming, or if this was all just a coincidence?

Only the building at the end that looks like a garage. I sure hope cars are coming in the November Update. I don't think they showed everything we're getting just some stuff.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    You know, Trashmagic & Cat ... I'm tempted to let myself believe that cars were hinted in this Twitch broadcast. I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong, but I definitely think that looked like a garage.

Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    Cars weren't directly shown (and as a matter of fact the build mode menu doesn't indicate their presence), but there were a couple of references to them. That building Romeo made wasn't exactly a garage, but it looks a lot like one. Plus they did ask for car feedback last year.

I think they're currently working on them. I'm not sure how far along they are, but it would be nice if cars were part of the next feature update.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Cars are (probably) coming. The only question is when. I truly hope that these are legitimate car hints.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    How long have cars been hinted in any time in the game's lifespan?

I don't think these 'new car hints' are anything new that hasn't already been postulated for years in-game already.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,530 Member
    I honestly don't think these were intended car hints, guys. The words "driving" and "vehicle" have multiple definitions that are not uncommon. The thing that could have resembled a garage was just Romeo fiddling around with simplistic designs to show off the terrain.

BUT.....I do think they are in the works, and the new terrain tool completely makes sense to be released beforehand for ease of building proper garages.

It's entirely possible that one of the next packs could include cars. Maybe they'll come out before the end of the fiscal year?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Cars weren't directly shown (and as a matter of fact the build mode menu doesn't indicate their presence), but there were a couple of references to them. That building Romeo made wasn't exactly a garage, but it looks a lot like one. Plus they did ask for car feedback last year.

I think they're currently working on them. I'm not sure how far along they are, but it would be nice if cars were part of the next feature update.

Cars wouldn't be in build mode. They'd be part of buy mode.

He didn't show the doors section which is where the garage door would be.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Okay. Maybe it was a hint... :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    You know, Trashmagic & Cat ... I'm tempted to let myself believe that cars were hinted in this Twitch broadcast. I won't be disappointed if I'm wrong, but I definitely think that looked like a garage.

Believe haha! I usually don't jump to every little hint but there's something about these ones that stand out to me.

@paradiseplanet
    That's fair, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

@LiELF
    Haha, I'd love to know what changed your mind? You were right though, those words definitely have multiple uses but there were too many coincidences in this stream alone that really have me leaning towards the "this could actually be a thing" side. I'm excited for what next week will bring.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    I wouldn’t have used the word driving where she did, so I definitely think it is a hint.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    At this point I would not be surprised if the next game pack was a cars game pack a terrain patch seems to be a great starting point for it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Cars wouldn't be in build mode. They'd be part of buy mode.

He didn't show the doors section which is where the garage door would be.

I was expecting a garage door or driveway icon in build mode at least. But you could be right. 🤔
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I just watched the stream and it totally looks like a hint. Not necessarily the vocabulary used to describe stuff but the fact that SimGuruRomeo was 100% building a garage. He even emulated the garage door by painting what would be the door in a different colour than the rest of the box/garage.
    And as pointed out already this would make sense since before we couldn't realistically have garages if our house had foundation.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    Someone mentioned that in order for cars to be useful aesthetically we would almost have to have terrain tools. It would be nearly impossible to build a garage if the house were on a foundation as the garage would need to be ground level, especially if the cars had driving into a garage animations. Now that we have terrain tools, I think it is much more likely we could get cars. I too think there were some hints in the stream at them. the simguru that was building with the new tools towards the end was very selective in his choice of wallpaper for the lower building and i can't figure out what other type of building he was trying to emulate other than a garage
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,042 Member
    Well, after giving us terrain tools and the stylist career quite out of nowhere, I don't think cars would be too far-fetched! Everything discussed seem plausible.

I hope we get cars soon bc it would make many other things possible as well, like Police, Burglars etc.

Cars would also add some opportunities for fun TS2-style gameplay. We'll see :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Okay. Maybe it was a hint... :D

Maybe he's just a bad builder and built a box.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Cars would make me so happy. Even if they were only like sims 2.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    The only thing that strikes me about cars is the fact that there are many lots in the game that aren't connected to a road like the island and the whole Modern District in Windenburg or Sable Square and parts of Whiskermans Wharf in Brindleton Bay

It wouldn't make sense to have cars on these lots
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited October 2018
    At least, I'd like to believe so. Hopefully, they'll confirm it soon.
  • Options
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Idontrcall wrote: »

@LiELF
    Haha, I'd love to know what changed your mind? You were right though, those words definitely have multiple uses but there were too many coincidences in this stream alone that really have me leaning towards the "this could actually be a thing" side. I'm excited for what next week will bring.

@Trashmagic Well, I took another look at Romeo's quick build and it really did look like a garage. And it made me think that even if he was just absentmindedly "doodling" a build, his mind was still on garages, and therefore, cars. So......cars confirmed! Lol :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Sounds like you're clutching at straws.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Commenting on the first post in this thread, how would terrain tools mean we could build garages? If he indeed was building a garage it's on many levels well below the actual house, right? Terrain tools seem to not allow (so far in the current video and screen shots) that you would be able to have an attached garage, even with terrain tools. And it's been said, no we aren't getting separate foundation levels. Or going to be able to build a house with a foundation and an attached garage without a foundation, or I think they would have shown that, right? Or maybe hold that news for later? But the so called garage is below the other building and also if you count the levels it's way below the house on the 'hill'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The only thing that strikes me about cars is the fact that there are many lots in the game that aren't connected to a road like the island and the whole Modern District in Windenburg or Sable Square and parts of Whiskermans Wharf in Brindleton Bay

It wouldn't make sense to have cars on these lots

Yeah I'm wondering what will they do with these lots?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Has it been confirmed that we aren't getting separate foundation levels?
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Commenting on the first post in this thread, how would terrain tools mean we could build garages? If he indeed was building a garage it's on many levels well below the actual house, right? Terrain tools seem to not allow (so far in the current video and screen shots) that you would be able to have an attached garage, even with terrain tools. And it's been said, no we aren't getting separate foundation levels. Or going to be able to build a house with a foundation and an attached garage without a foundation, or I think they would have shown that, right? Or maybe hold that news for later? But the so called garage is below the other building and also if you count the levels it's way below the house on the 'hill'.