Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you guys ever want a VanLife Pack? Mobile homes and camper's and ect.

HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I just found out about a little thing called Vanlife, and thought how cool if we could have something like this:)) I posted awhile back about having Camper's, and Tiny House's, and Caravan Wagons, being livable here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915943/mobile-homes-campers#latest . But now I really want it lol.
https://www.sowiey.com/50-amazing-converted-van-ideas/

Would you guys ever want a VanLife Pack? Mobile homes and camper's and ect. 43 votes

Yes I totally would
44%
VenusABatsonCorkysPetalsCynnaMagdaleenaluthienrisingNivyxcatloverplayerrambahadoerAlbaWaterhouseKarababy52Internal_ChaosHarlowandMethatsnotswegRexySimmerhoneywitchDOKKOMDreamCytcherSofieSimsLoveSimsie1890 19 votes
No would never use
27%
IdontrcallErja888PlayerSinger2010SusanaLeotefriendlysimmersElegantblkchina1alejandro15039Briel24Lemon405MaggieMarleypinneduphairCupid 12 votes
Maybe
27%
TheStarHermitaprilroseSimburianMariefoxprice83Bagoas77xoSnowyOwlxoCeCeDotChadSims2Jon the WizardbythedreadwolfTheGoodOldGamerIrendal 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2018
    No would never use
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    It could make for some interesting challenges, but I don't play challenges so there's that
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    Maybe
    I've made Oasis Springs a caravan lot world - so maybe. They make good starter houses.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Yes I totally would
    I would! I know people personally who've lived for a whole year in a camper van. I think that they could make an interesting permanent/temporary living opportunity for Sims. Some IRL are not far off the size of a mobile home.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Maybe
    I don't have any interest in it but my brother loves doing that irl so he probably would, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    Having a Sim that lives in a van would be interesting enough. Any tiny houses manage to be habitable IRL, so why not?
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    Yes I totally would
    I think once they have car's It would be really fun. They could give us the option to create parking spaces where we want to make it easy. Like when we Travel to Selvadorada, or Granite Falls, or You could be vacationing. Or live full time in a Van. We could have a portable shower you could keep in your innovatory. Or just place on the inside wall of your van. Have a variety on portable toilet's. Multi purpose furniture. New Careers where you travel more often. Like expanding on the photography skill. Turn it into a Career. More Adventure. Like Kayaking, tubing, Watching for wild animals. Surfing. Careers like being a Pro surfer or Careers where you can document Wild life through filming, or create your own magazine were you can feature traveling or wild life. Another feature I think would be fun is to be able to live in your car. Like you got kicked out. If they create Van's/Camper's/tiny Holmes and ect. they can give you a certain allowance of space to get crafty with. Plus we could have the Mechanic Career as well be great in this
  • Options
    cristill13cristill13 Posts: 2,162 Member
    It would be a great idea for an open world.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 974 Member
    Yes I totally would
    omg..... i would love this actually???

but yeahhhhhh this would be a much better idea if open world was still a thing :/

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yes I totally would
    Van life has really become a movement. I would love to see it in a Sims game.

The benefit is that Sims could move from place to place as desired, taking their home with them. It would almost give the game a feeling of being open world. Because wherever a Sim decides to go, home would only be a few steps away in the same 'hood. No loading screens required. The Sims who remain with the vehicle could still remain controllable. I'm all for that!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Maybe
    It's certainly an interesting idea, it wouldn't be on my list of priorities though. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,846 Member
    No would never use
    There's no open world. However, this would have been a great idea for TS3.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No would never use
    Doesn't fit my play style and I don't think it'd fit with the closed world we have.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,532 Member
    Yes I totally would
    I just found out about a little thing called Vanlife, and thought how cool if we could have something like this:)) I posted awhile back about having Camper's, and Tiny House's, and Caravan Wagons, being livable here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/915943/mobile-homes-campers#latest . But now I really want it lol.

Yes.
    That said however I"d want another campsite if we get RVs because they can't be used in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,532 Member
    Yes I totally would
    Erja888 wrote: »
    There's no open world. However, this would have been a great idea for TS3.

A future world could be created for this purpose.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm more interested in stuff for tiny homes, than vans:

All in one kitchens
    All in one bathrooms
    Fold away tables and chairs
    Sofa beds
    Loft beds
    Bunk beds
    Murphy beds

Some of these things could fit in vans.

But I would like a sandman...

ds4_updatedecember2017.jpeg

No. Not that one.
    This one!
    It looks a bit like a hearse because there's room for a bed in the back.
    1976-holden-hx-sandman-panelvan.jpg
    The+holden+sandman+with+bed+was+a+thing+back+in+_08016f468b24695341bca7de67f3bd06.jpg
    A72452_01_1024x1024.jpg?v=1489560642

And loads of space for surfboards on top.
    In Oz, in the 70's and 80's they were popular cars for young people, because they made surfing holidays cheap and easy.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Yes I totally would
    I like the idea, but I see a major difficulty in this. A house on wheels would need all new animations. Right now we have Johnny Zest's house in the base game. It uses all the same animations used in any other house. With a tiny van/camper/caravan, all the animations for opening up/crawling in, getting into bed, sitting, reading, eating, ALL of them would have to be new. And if the van was laid out differently than the camper, each would need a separate set of animations. §39.99?

Unless they made the vehicle function like a tent. The sims enter and all activities are hidden from view.
  • Options
    VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 931 Member
    Yes I totally would

What I really would like is fifth wheels and travel trailers. I can build travel trailers now but It would be nice to have Realistic RV siding a actually be able to raise a floor for a fifth wheel bedroom. ☺
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I agree with @Movotti. Tiny home stuff/foldaway tables and beds would be awesome. I'm kind of fascinated by those types of designs, but Sims furniture does limit a bit what you can do.

I suppose the closest you can come with what the game has now is using a Sim's inventory. So a space could be taken up with the portable bed or the portable bar, depending on what your Sim puts there.

I've have put multiple tiny homes on a single small lot before. Of course, the Sims living there will freely walk in and out of each other's houses, since they don't really distinguish between them.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    Maybe
    If you could travel with them and use them as a home while on vacation sure but I really don't see much of a use at least for me on a home lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"