The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet The Climates Blog

Hi there! I was reading the blog on meeting the Climates and one thing they mentioned was that Vlad is a cousin. I'm wondering if that means they are going to make it possible to link sims together as a relative? Say for example, I create a Sim, can I link them as a cousin or maybe a niece of the parents or even a long lost sibling? I think that would be a very interesting ability to add a backstory as we create our characters.

Comments

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018
    It'd be really nice, but unfortunately I doubt it. I'm afraid it was just for storytelling purpose.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    Hi there! I was reading the blog on meeting the Climates and one thing they mentioned was that Vlad is a cousin. I'm wondering if that means they are going to make it possible to link sims together as a relative? Say for example, I create a Sim, can I link them as a cousin or maybe a niece of the parents or even a long lost sibling? I think that would be a very interesting ability to add a backstory as we create our characters.

FWIW, I've done this by adding them to a household, creating the relationships there (you can make cousins by making a multigenerational household, and you can delete the older Sims after), then splitting them off into their own household.

But I think there were just some liberties being taken with the storytelling.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.