Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meet The Climates Blog

Hi there! I was reading the blog on meeting the Climates and one thing they mentioned was that Vlad is a cousin. I'm wondering if that means they are going to make it possible to link sims together as a relative? Say for example, I create a Sim, can I link them as a cousin or maybe a niece of the parents or even a long lost sibling? I think that would be a very interesting ability to add a backstory as we create our characters.

Comments

• Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2018
    It'd be really nice, but unfortunately I doubt it. I'm afraid it was just for storytelling purpose.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    Hi there! I was reading the blog on meeting the Climates and one thing they mentioned was that Vlad is a cousin. I'm wondering if that means they are going to make it possible to link sims together as a relative? Say for example, I create a Sim, can I link them as a cousin or maybe a niece of the parents or even a long lost sibling? I think that would be a very interesting ability to add a backstory as we create our characters.

FWIW, I've done this by adding them to a household, creating the relationships there (you can make cousins by making a multigenerational household, and you can delete the older Sims after), then splitting them off into their own household.

But I think there were just some liberties being taken with the storytelling.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.