Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @Pinkslinky Happy happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

@Munterbacon You're welcome. Which reminds me... I need to read more Ironbound.

@pronterus I totally missed the moon. It was way too early for me to want to get up this morning, but now that I'm seeing awesome pictures online, I kind-of wish I did get up.

@friendsfan367 Of course, Ayden is your fave. And we can see the love you pour into him in your writing, no matter how many iterations there are.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I've posted the first chapter of Moon Logic! I'm really happy with how it turned out. :)

Chapter One: The Greatest Today

01-31-18-12-40-41-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    And I'll try to be done with my multitude of posts in a row here... more Livin' A Simmin' Life: TS4 ISBI challenge updates. :)

11-13-17_3-03-48c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie begins her first official job as a babysitter, and things are harder than she expected.
    Entry No. 8 - How to Appease a Little Monster

11-13-17_4-32-08c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie spends some time with her family... and learns who Nora's new crush is.
    Entry No. 9 - How to Get Quality Time with the Family

Any guesses as to who? :p

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So how would you explain to somehow about how in the game itself your sims birth and raise children?

I'd probably just say that it's a game that simulates life. You could go into more detail, but I feel like most people would understand with that.

I did say the game simulated life but he still didn't get that we have our sims get pregnant and have children who go on to get pregnant and have their own children....

Well, that's a part of a lot of people's lives, so maybe saying that would help? What part confused him the most?
  • Options
    @IchigoUsagi Moon Logic is an awesome name! :)

Opps... I posted again.

*slinks away*

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    So how would you explain to somehow about how in the game itself your sims birth and raise children?

I'd probably just say that it's a game that simulates life. You could go into more detail, but I feel like most people would understand with that.

I did say the game simulated life but he still didn't get that we have our sims get pregnant and have children who go on to get pregnant and have their own children....

Well, that's a part of a lot of people's lives, so maybe saying that would help? What part confused him the most?

I could just say it's a "Circle of Life" game which I control (almost) the entire life cycle of my characters.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

I could just say it's a "Circle of Life" game which I control (almost) the entire life cycle of my characters.

I feel like that's pretty much the same as saying 'life simulator', but if you think that it would help better get your point across, then go for it. Has the person you're trying to explain this to had any experience with video games? Could you show him pictures to help illustrate your point?
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2018

@pronterus I totally missed the moon. It was way too early for me to want to get up this morning, but now that I'm seeing awesome pictures online, I kind-of wish I did get up.

@friendsfan367 Of course, Ayden is your fave. And we can see the love you pour into him in your writing, no matter how many iterations there are.

theresadded just details the details themselves are the same. maybe its a good thing jes cursed me i get new ideas.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Happy timezones everyone! I have a day off today, so decided to pop in to say hello. :)
    I like your question, @IchigoUsagi! It's a hard one to answer though. The most interesting would be Alondra from my Project L.E.G.A.C.Y. series (her point of view is really different and unique), but the easiest to write for is Aster from my Build Newcrest story. He's just a sweetheart all round, and a very encouraging guy.

@eXokamikaze Hi! How are you?

I like Alondra, too! In fact, I really love your legacy! :)

you still didn't say which of YOUR characters is your favorite or whatever the question was.

thank you piggy i got sis back for laughing at me.lol. and i still don't know who sage is.

Ah. Well. Hmmm....

I really love to write from Septemus Sevens' perspective. I think, oddly enough, that his perspective is closest aligned to my current perspective. Mallory's perspective is probably closest to my perspective when I was in my early through late 20s, and Sept's (though he's quite young) is actually very closely aligned to my present perspective.

It's also super fun to write from Freezer Bunny Wolff Tea (aka Free-Jon aka Free aka Jon-Jon).
    And now he has a little sister, so it will be fun to write from her perspective! I've got a feeling she's a smart one!

See @friendsfan367 you just had to be patient. XD

@CathyTea those characters sound interesting. So some of your characters sort of echo elements of yourself through different stages of your life? That's an excellent way to write characters as it possibly allows you to connect with your characters on a deeper level.

patient demanding same thing. i she started it when i asked who sage was now its a day later andi still don't know who sage is. lol. besides i try and leave her alone when i know shes busy but my picking on her was her idea.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm not sure how to explain sims better than its a life simulator where you can control the lives of a person through marriage, childbirth, the building and decorating of their homes, what they wear and eat, how they entertain themselves. Than following their children through the same thing for as many generations as you want.
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    edited January 2018
    I had an idea for something to do with WAWRMO. I know there's a thread for this but I don't know if it's still active or not. (It's been a while since someone posted in there...) I wanted to know if anyone was interested in their sim being a pen pal for one of my characters. I promise that I will read your story if I'm not already. :)Here's my page on it. :)

Also posting it on my simblr (tumblr) in case that helps with success. :)
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Ooh @Bugsie2016 just had a look. This sounds so awesome. I'm not sure if my sims qualify, but if they do. I'd love to, because I love Ro so much. <3
  • Options
    Ooh @Bugsie2016 just had a look. This sounds so awesome. I'm not sure if my sims qualify, but if they do. I'd love to, because I love Ro so much. <3

Sure. Yours qualify. :)
  • Options
    Yay. Which one would you want as a pen pal?
  • Options
    Yay. Which one would you want as a pen pal?

You pick. There's too many to choose from. :)
  • Options
    Ok. I'll pm you my answer after I choose which of my babies gets to write letters to the awesome Ro... there will be squabble. XD
  • Options
    Ok. I'll pm you my answer after I choose which of my babies gets to write letters to the awesome Ro... there will be squabble. XD

Okay. :)
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Hey everyone! I thought I'd start the [insert time of day you're currently experiencing here] off with a question. Which of your sims is your favorite to write? (Whether from their point of view, or just in dialogue.) :)

For the Keen Legacy, definitely Rose (and no contest up to this point). I love writing for people who say one thing and mean another (liars, I guess?) With Rose, it cracks me up that she works so hard to put on this facade of pleasantness while masking her emotions so that nobody will know how she really feels. It's the same reason I love writing for Aunt Nancy in We Belong to the Song, because she's a similar case - says one thing and means another (though she's a bit more malevolent than Rose is...)

The other thing I like writing are people who think they're smarter than they are (read: Wendy).

@superkyle221
    Rose's chapter is definitely the most fun character I've read in the Keens.
    I love the double diary stuff, every time she talks in your story I always wonder what she thinks on the other side of her. Definitely, a really interesting character didn't really want generation 2 to end.

@elifdapeton

Thanks! Unfortunately the second generation is nearly over!
    Luckily Rose hasn't moved out, so she's staying in the main house... because that's how much I like writing her. So there will still be some more of her double diary entries. (Funny enough, those started as a joke, but ended up becoming the main thing I base her character off of.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options

you 2 could write in the pen pal thread.

i'm not paying attention to whose story its for but the letters make you both eligble..and it could keep bugsie out oftrouble.
  • Options

i'm not paying attention to whose story its for but the letters make you both eligble..and it could keep bugsie out oftrouble.

Nothing can keep me out of trouble. :lol:
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

i know but you could be pen pals in the thread which might not make sunday so far away for you.
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    Sorry I am, of late, the non-writing lurker who won't go away as I usually do, but I honestly have to ask, what's all this about a "pen pal" thread? I can garner a bit from context of recent posts but want to know if it's a real thread or a story vehicle amongst friends.

Sorry this may have been a silly question but as one near and dear to me oft says, my head is solid wood.
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

i know but you could be pen pals in the thread which might not make sunday so far away for you.

Nah. :)
    Park wrote: »
    Sorry I am, of late, the non-writing lurker who won't go away as I usually do, but I honestly have to ask, what's all this about a "pen pal" thread? I can garner a bit from context of recent posts but want to know if it's a real thread or a story vehicle amongst friends.

Sorry this may have been a silly question but as one near and dear to me oft says, my head is solid wood.

@Park Here. :)
  • Options
    Park wrote: »

cathtea started a pen pal thread where sims pair off and write letters back and forth.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member

I feel like that's pretty much the same as saying 'life simulator', but if you think that it would help better get your point across, then go for it. Has the person you're trying to explain this to had any experience with video games? Could you show him pictures to help illustrate your point?

He has seen pictures from my game that showcase parts of my story..
    6adMCGP.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top